5,848 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The surge would come in several ways: The bill aims to eliminate the current backlog of roughly 4 million people waiting to be reunited with family members in the U.S. The 11 million now in the country without legal authorization would be eligible for citizenship only after that backlog was resolved. Reunification efforts would require boosting the number of visas issued each year. To keep the additional inflow under control, the bill would stop allowing adult siblings of immigrants to qualify, but children and parents would continue to be eligible.

This is what I read in the article.. it says adult siblings would be stopped by the new bill.. so does it mean CSPA wont come into consideration? i am 26 yr old.. and i have 7 yrs time to get subract from my age.. my pd is april 2002.. do you think i will be allowed if i get current? m i consider adult? or i can still apply CSPA?

Timeline

The surge would come in several ways: The bill aims to eliminate the current backlog of roughly 4 million people waiting to be reunited with family members in the U.S. The 11 million now in the country without legal authorization would be eligible for citizenship only after that backlog was resolved. Reunification efforts would require boosting the number of visas issued each year. To keep the additional inflow under control, the bill would stop allowing adult siblings of immigrants to qualify, but children and parents would continue to be eligible.

This is what I read in the article.. it says adult siblings would be stopped by the new bill.. so does it mean CSPA wont come into consideration? i am 26 yr old.. and i have 7 yrs time to get subract from my age.. my pd is april 2002.. do you think i will be allowed if i get current? m i consider adult? or i can still apply CSPA?

hi jay...it will not effect CSPA m sure....dnt wry...secondly, u r not adult sibling..you are derivative child under that petition...so dnt wry..they will introduce bill on tuesday...

Timeline

Good news guys..On the ,Republicans side allow to get a bill through congrees and on to the president desk.............gang of eight are ready to introduce CIR on Tuesday...most important think is that senator Marco rubio the key republican will acting as an bridge between democrats and republicans....

guys pls watch last sunday morning show of senator marco rubio to nation....Very interesting show...must watch that show...In that show marco rubio one of the key republican fully accepted CIR bill..and convinced other republicans member to join their effort on CIR bill..well done RUBIO.......

Timeline

This bill also proposes speeding up the process for those individuals with pending applications for residency. For example, if you are a U.S. citizen and are petitioning for a sibling, the wait can be between 12 and 16 years or if you are a US citizen petitioning for an adult child, the wait can be up to 20 years! Hence the coined term “waiting at the end of the line” for these new applicants.

Lastly, a green card holder with a spouse abroad currently has at least a 2 to 3 year wait to reunite with his or her spouse. This wait would be reduced and a visa would be immediately available to the spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21 of the green holder.:thumbs:

Timeline

hi jay...it will not effect CSPA m sure....dnt wry...secondly, u r not adult sibling..you are derivative child under that petition...so dnt wry..they will introduce bill on tuesday...

I am already in USA studyin..badly waitin for the bills and immigration...wht do u think ? how much time april 2002 will take to get current ?

Timeline

hearing in senators judiciary committee on CIR postponed to friday....becoz CIR bill is very much lengthy and complex..so it will give more time to senators to read that bill....but hopefully they announce CIR on Tuesday...

http://www.judiciary.senate.gov/hearings/hearing.cfm?id=3453280c7b001bfa7ddd84aeeb215221

Edited by jolly786

Timeline

senators has been cancelled the introduction of CIR due to boston bombing...but they breif their legislation to president obama today....

according to the latest news ..senators will unveil CIR on wednesday..one more day delay..

Edited by jolly786

Timeline

A group of Senators has delayed a high-profile announcement of a sweeping immigration reform proposal set for Tuesday because of the bombings at the Boston Marathon.

The eight-member group was scheduled to appear at an 11 a.m. news conference at the Dirksen Senate Building, joined by immigration advocates and other stakeholders, to lay out the details of the legislation that would represent the most ambitious overhaul of the U.S. immigration system in three decades.

“All eight senators believed the focus should be on victims, not other issues,” a Senate aide said late Monday. The group still intends to file the bill on Tuesday but will hold the news conference on another day.

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), a member of the group, said in a message on his Twitter account: “Thoughts & prayers are with everyone in Boston.”

The Senate Judiciary Committee has scheduled two hearings on the bill for Friday and Monday

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

so the official CIR proposal is out on NBC news:

One of the clause was:

Eliminate family-based visas for siblings of United States citizens as well as the Diversity Visa program while eliminating caps on visas for certain employment-based categories.

Terrible news for F4 as they are trying to eliminate "visa numbers". not petitions. I'm afraid if this is passed, all approved F4 petition will be revoked.

Somehow they can "legally" retain all approved F4 petitions but do not provide visa numbers to this category anymore. sad.

F4

06/17/2003: Petition Filed

03/12/2010: Approved

Eligible for CSPA protection until August, 2016.

07/06/2015: Petitioner's name appeared at ceac.state.gov.

07/17/2015: Response received from NVC that the case is now eligible for further processing.

07/25/2015: DS-261 opened and accessible on ceac.state.gov. Still no NVC Welcome Letter received. DS-261 completed online.

07/30/2015: Child's name (already over 21) removed from the case.

08/05/2015: NVC welcome letter and AOS fee bill received. $120 AOS fee paid by Electronic Fund Transfer from a personal U.S checking account.

08/07/2015: $120 AOS fee payment processed and showed "Paid" online.

08/24/2015: Immigrant visa fee bill ($325) received via email.

08/25/2015: Immigrant visa fee paid.

08/31/2015: IV payment cleared and DS-260 opened. Start to fill out DS-260

10/06/2015: All supporting documents and financial documents submitted to NVC electronically by email.

10/08/2015: DS-260 form completed for adults.

10/08/2015: Acknowledgement email received from NVC. Case number changed from GUZ to GZO.

10/09/2015: Another acknowledgement email from NVC stating that it would take 30 days for them to review our submitted documents

11/30/2015: Checklist received. NVC did not see one of our police certificate (we sent them for sure)

12/05/2015: Missing documents submitted again.

01/15/2016: Notification of case completion. Waiting for our interview letter.

02/08/2016: Visa bulletin for March was out - our priority date will be current in March.

02/12/2016: Received interview letter. Will interview on Wednesday, April 27th in Guangzhou, China.

02/17/2016: Case arrived at the consulate. Reached out to them to add the child's name back to the case.

02/18/2016: Consulate responded and requested to email them the documents. Documents emailed immediately.

02/19/2016: Consulate responded again and asked to submit paper documents to the consulate and submit DS-260 for child.

02/20/2016: DS-260 for child was filled out and submitted.

02/22/2016: Documents submitted to consulate via bank.

02/29/2016: New interview letter received via email. Child's name was included.

03/01/2016: Priority date is officially current, CSPA age will be 20 years, 7 months and 2 days.

04/21/2016: Medical exam in Guangzhou, China.

04/27/2016: Interview - passed.

04/29/2016: Immigrant visa issued.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Another version from yahoo news:

* Immigrant visas for siblings of U.S. citizens would be repealed 18 months after the date of enactment.

per my understanding, they will continue to issue F4 visas for another 1.5 years before fully revoke all F4 petitions.

F4

06/17/2003: Petition Filed

03/12/2010: Approved

Eligible for CSPA protection until August, 2016.

07/06/2015: Petitioner's name appeared at ceac.state.gov.

07/17/2015: Response received from NVC that the case is now eligible for further processing.

07/25/2015: DS-261 opened and accessible on ceac.state.gov. Still no NVC Welcome Letter received. DS-261 completed online.

07/30/2015: Child's name (already over 21) removed from the case.

08/05/2015: NVC welcome letter and AOS fee bill received. $120 AOS fee paid by Electronic Fund Transfer from a personal U.S checking account.

08/07/2015: $120 AOS fee payment processed and showed "Paid" online.

08/24/2015: Immigrant visa fee bill ($325) received via email.

08/25/2015: Immigrant visa fee paid.

08/31/2015: IV payment cleared and DS-260 opened. Start to fill out DS-260

10/06/2015: All supporting documents and financial documents submitted to NVC electronically by email.

10/08/2015: DS-260 form completed for adults.

10/08/2015: Acknowledgement email received from NVC. Case number changed from GUZ to GZO.

10/09/2015: Another acknowledgement email from NVC stating that it would take 30 days for them to review our submitted documents

11/30/2015: Checklist received. NVC did not see one of our police certificate (we sent them for sure)

12/05/2015: Missing documents submitted again.

01/15/2016: Notification of case completion. Waiting for our interview letter.

02/08/2016: Visa bulletin for March was out - our priority date will be current in March.

02/12/2016: Received interview letter. Will interview on Wednesday, April 27th in Guangzhou, China.

02/17/2016: Case arrived at the consulate. Reached out to them to add the child's name back to the case.

02/18/2016: Consulate responded and requested to email them the documents. Documents emailed immediately.

02/19/2016: Consulate responded again and asked to submit paper documents to the consulate and submit DS-260 for child.

02/20/2016: DS-260 for child was filled out and submitted.

02/22/2016: Documents submitted to consulate via bank.

02/29/2016: New interview letter received via email. Child's name was included.

03/01/2016: Priority date is officially current, CSPA age will be 20 years, 7 months and 2 days.

04/21/2016: Medical exam in Guangzhou, China.

04/27/2016: Interview - passed.

04/29/2016: Immigrant visa issued.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.