1) Why does the NVC flowchart state that the petitioner sends back the Affidavit of Support bill payment? Is there really a payment for that form? Because on the USCIS website it states that the form is free.
2) Does the DS-230 and the DS-2001 have to be mailed back to the NVC at the same time or are you allowed to mail them in separately? If you are allowed to send them in separately then how much time is the agent allowed to take to send the NVC the DS-2001? For example if the applicant sends the NVC the DS-230 in June, and for some unfortunate reason the applicant doesn’t receive the police certificate until December, can the applicant then send in the DS-2001 6 months later?
3) I got the following from http://travel.state....grams_1540.html
The DS-2001 has been redesigned as a one-page optional form to be used by applicants or their agents to notify post NVC that they are ready for interview.”
Why is it optional to use the DS-2001? Are you allowed to just call the NVC instead and tell them that you are ready for interview?
4) The DS-230 instruction doesn’t mention anything about mailing in part 2 to the NVC. It only mentions mailing in part 1. Do you mail in the DS-230 part 2 (without signing it of course) along with the DS-230 part 1? Or do you just mail part 1 only and then bring part 2 with you to the visa interview at the U.S. embassy.
1. You don't pay for the form, you pay $70 to have NVC process the I-864.
2. Form DS-2001 is no longer used, only the DS-230 is sent to the NVC.
3. This no longer applies. For most embassies now, you only send form DS-230 with the requested documentation. Once the NVC completes your case, they'll make an appointment with the embassy for you.
4. The NVC will send you the DS-230 coversheet with all the instructions on what to send back to them with the DS-230.
Please read the Timesavers thread in this forum, pages 1, 10 & 11. Even if you choose not to use the shortcuts, it will show you how the process works once your petition is approved by the USCIS and forwarded to the NVC.Diana