mrc1981

First/Middle Name Different Passport/Green Card

5 posts in this topic

Hi There,

I am planning on travelling outside of the US. I applied/renewed my Philippine passport. I gave them my birth certificate and they said that my Philippine passport will say:

First: Green Red

Middle: Orange

Last: Yellow

My Green Card shows:

First: Green

Middle: Red

Last: Yellow

Apparently my birth certificate shows that I have 2 first names and my middle was my mom's maiden name. I have always used Green Red Yellow but now my passport will say Green Red Orange Yellow. What should I do to make sure I don't have a problem entering the US after my trip?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I dont think you will have any problem. It happens all the time not having the same name or last name on your GC and your home country passport. 

In my case when I traveled with my GC, I never encountered any problem. I just brought my important documents such as marriage certificate to show there my maiden name (and my husband last name) and my GC of course, they can do the math. Anyways I was never asked about why my argentine passport have my maiden name instead of my married name.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, mrc1981 said:

Hi There,

I am planning on travelling outside of the US. I applied/renewed my Philippine passport. I gave them my birth certificate and they said that my Philippine passport will say:

First: Green Red

Middle: Orange

Last: Yellow

My Green Card shows:

First: Green

Middle: Red

Last: Yellow

Apparently my birth certificate shows that I have 2 first names and my middle was my mom's maiden name. I have always used Green Red Yellow but now my passport will say Green Red Orange Yellow. What should I do to make sure I don't have a problem entering the US after my trip?

Your birth certificate changed?    Why the name difference for your first name compared to your previous passport?   That seems odd.

Your passport and green card have the same first name (mostly) and the same last name .. I don't foresee much of an issue     (green card only has so much room for name so your 2nd first name most likely wouldn't show  anyway)

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

3 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Your birth certificate changed?    Why the name difference for your first name compared to your previous passport?   That seems odd.

Your passport and green card have the same first name (mostly) and the same last name .. I don't foresee much of an issue     (green card only has so much room for name so your 2nd first name most likely wouldn't show  anyway)

No it did not. It was the same in my old passport coming here in 1991. However, I have not left the United States since I've been here so I never realized that my old passport and birth certificate had "Green Red" as my first name. I've always used "Green" as my first and "Red" as my middle name.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, mrc1981 said:

No it did not. It was the same in my old passport coming here in 1991. However, I have not left the United States since I've been here so I never realized that my old passport and birth certificate had "Green Red" as my first name. I've always used "Green" as my first and "Red" as my middle name.

Ahh.   thanks for removing that confusion.  :) 

Then your visa when entering the USA was no different.. it didn't match your BC or passport either.  

Like said I doubt you will have issue.  First and last name match, as do the pictures.  

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.