Bikerbride

NVC rookie

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi everyone. I am stuck in I-130 I Nebraska still. But things seems to start moving there now. So I am trying to get prepared for the next stage, NVC. It says that you should provide them with copies of all your documents and take the original with you to the interview. Question, it doesn’t say anywhere that it needs to be notarized copies, will a regular suffice? In I-130 it said that every copy needed to be notarized. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

probably wil accept copies from Sweden (in native language and translation into English)

NVC wanted originals from Morocco / high fraud

for NVC and CR1 you will gather criminal investigation reports of the beneifary, your income verification

you will be billed 2 fees (for the affidavit of support and the visa application) I 864 and DS260

after paying these fees as instructed online, you will be directed to a site to fill out the 2 appliations

NVC may ask for any additional documents they are missing 

NVC does issue new case number so when submitting any documents include the case number,  both names and both DOB;s on the upper right hand corner of each and every page along with the cover letter u will receive

Does Sweden even have a notary?

one here in the US can not notarize a document from another country

Morocco certified all translations were true

Timeline
19 minutes ago, adil-rafa said:

probably wil accept copies from Sweden (in native language and translation into English)

NVC wanted originals from Morocco / high fraud

for NVC and CR1 you will gather criminal investigation reports of the beneifary, your income verification

you will be billed 2 fees (for the affidavit of support and the visa application) I 864 and DS260

after paying these fees as instructed online, you will be directed to a site to fill out the 2 appliations

NVC may ask for any additional documents they are missing 

NVC does issue new case number so when submitting any documents include the case number,  both names and both DOB;s on the upper right hand corner of each and every page along with the cover letter u will receive

Does Sweden even have a notary?

one here in the US can not notarize a document from another country

Morocco certified all translations were true

I really don’t know exactly what notarized mean, but what I really mean is a certified copy of the original. But now when I have someone to ask I will take the opportunity to ask about the fees you mentioned. I was a little confused about the fee for I-864 if that was something you’d pay when you apply for visa outside US, in our case, Sweden. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

just know there will be 2 fees when you get to NVC stage (there is a new fee schedule and i do not know the cost but others here can tell u)

there is also a fee after approval for the visa which can be paid before or after arrival

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Bikerbride said:

I really don’t know exactly what notarized mean, but what I really mean is a certified copy of the original.

You don't need to worry about having anything notarized for NVC - what they mean by "certified copy" is basically just an official copy of a document from the appropriate agency (e.g. the personbevis you can get from the Swedish tax agency instead of an actual birth certificate). Send regular photocopies of those documents to NVC and take your official copies to the interview.

36 minutes ago, Bikerbride said:

But now when I have someone to ask I will take the opportunity to ask about the fees you mentioned. I was a little confused about the fee for I-864 if that was something you’d pay when you apply for visa outside US, in our case, Sweden. 

Once your petition gets to the NVC and you get a case number, you will need to pay those two fees online - one for the immigrant visa application (DS-260 - $325), and one for the affidavit of support (I-864 - $120).

Timeline
53 minutes ago, broppy said:

You don't need to worry about having anything notarized for NVC - what they mean by "certified copy" is basically just an official copy of a document from the appropriate agency (e.g. the personbevis you can get from the Swedish tax agency instead of an actual birth certificate). Send regular photocopies of those documents to NVC and take your official copies to the interview.

Once your petition gets to the NVC and you get a case number, you will need to pay those two fees online - one for the immigrant visa application (DS-260 - $325), and one for the affidavit of support (I-864 - $120).

Thanks for the info. Feeling better being prepared 👍

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.