AliHr

K1 Visa Adminstrative Processing

23 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello, I have been interviewed for my K1 visa on February 2017. My Fiancé and I have a legitimate relationship and we spent the last year together we are madly in love and attached to each other, she came to Lebanon when she was young and I met her few years ago and we got engaged about a year ago. I had tons of proof, photos together with family, with friends, and when she travelled to the US to file the petition we started video chatting so I brought evidence to that to the Embassy, along with chat logs when she was in Lebanon along with chat logs after she travelled, everything is real and we are honest about our intentions, after the interview the consular officer hands me a paper 221(g) stating that they need the petitioner's civil record, original and translated, 2 days later, I dropped the document at the Embassy along with the letter and our case has been pending administrative processing since then and no matter how many emails we send, phone calls, congress inquiries, we still get the same answer that they will contact me when the processing is complete, it has been 80 days since the interview date and still administrative processing, has anyone been through this? It is very devastating for us. Any guides will be greatly appreciated.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

AP can mean several things. One, they asked for more documents, even upon getting those that can take 2-4 weeks to process and get through.

Then just in general, everyone experiences AP, whether it is 2-3 days, 2-3 weeks, 2-3 months, or even a year or longer.... during the AP process there isn't much that can be done.

The petitioner can ask their congress person to check but they also may not really get an answer. AP can be anything from further review, back ground checks, security checks, ect...

08/15/2014 : Met Online

06/30/2016 : I-129F Packet Sent

11/08/2016 : Interview - APPROVED!

11/23/2016 : POE - Dallas, Texas

From sending of I-129F petiton to POE - 146 days.

02/03/2017 - Married 

02/24/2017 - AOS packet sent

06/01/2017 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received in mail

12/06/2017 - I-485 Approved

12/14/2017 - Green Card Received in mail - No Interview

brickleberry GIF they see me rolling college football GIF by ESPN  

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles.

Unfortunately, it's just a waiting game now...there is no way to move things forward or anything else for you to do at this point since you've provided the requested documentation. AP can last days (usually), weeks (sometimes), months (rarely), or years (very rarely). They may be reviewing and verifying the documents, or it may have proceeded past that and is now in background checks.

Good luck.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We've been in AP for 12 weeks. The only thing our congressman has helped us find out is our k1 is still in his country and hasn't been returned to the US. Their inquiries to the NVC just come back with them saying they're determining his eligibility (nothing would make him ineligible). Our case gets looked at maybe once a month. 

It is is very frustrating, heart breaking for all of us going through it. Good luck in your wait. 

Timeline

the CO only said that once they have the document they will progress with the case and its process, as for the security check I have no travel history, I don't know how to use a gun, I'm 50 something kilograms, how the hell am I a threat to the US for security checks? This is not fair this whole thing is causing us a lot of hardship, I don't know what they're doing exactly but they're placing our lives on hold. It has been 2.5 months since the document has been submitted, the Embassy states that it takes an average of 30 days after submitting additional documents for a consular officer to reasses the case, we're way passed that still same frustrating answer.

6 minutes ago, AliHr said:

as for the security check I have no travel history, I don't know how to use a gun, I'm 50 something kilograms, how the hell am I a threat to the US for security checks?

I'm not saying you are a risk in any way whatsoever, but it doesn't take a gun nor a large build to be a security risk. Everybody has to go through it....sometimes it takes longer than others for various reasons (same name as others, other db hits, etc.).

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Timeline

thank you all for your answers, one more thing to mention, I applied for F1 student visa 2 years ago and got 214(b) refusal I don't know if this has an effect on the visa outcome (nontheless our relationship is real and i have tons of proof if the Embassy suspects of fraud)

Timeline
24 minutes ago, EandH0904 said:

We've been in AP for 12 weeks. The only thing our congressman has helped us find out is our k1 is still in his country and hasn't been returned to the US. Their inquiries to the NVC just come back with them saying they're determining his eligibility (nothing would make him ineligible). Our case gets looked at maybe once a month. 

It is is very frustrating, heart breaking for all of us going through it. Good luck in your wait. 

Don't they usually inform the applicant instantly that their case has been returned to NVC? Did they ask u for more documents or proof or anyhing? Did ur interview raise any red flags?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, AliHr said:

Don't they usually inform the applicant instantly that their case has been returned to NVC

Yes they say they will but I've read some cases in here where people weren't notified until waaaaaay after the fact. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

She hands me 221g paper because i miss the income tax papers ,  I submitted the papers after 2 days and still waiting 😞Look when i check my visa status on ceac under non immigrant catogery it always tell ' no status' !

Timeline
3 hours ago, Najiafadi said:

She hands me 221g paper because i miss the income tax papers ,  I submitted the papers after 2 days and still waiting 😞Look when i check my visa status on ceac under non immigrant catogery it always tell ' no status' !

are you Lebanese? What visa are you applying for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.