7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi all!

I am probably getting way ahead of myself as we are just about to file for our K1 but I was wondering if anyone could shed some light and let me know roughly what the processing times are to adjust status from K1 to PR if living (and I suppose) filing in Chicago, IL?

Any information would be much appreciated!

The processing time for the Green Card can take up to a year and the processing times for the work authorization and the Advanced Parole is normally 3 months. As of right now it can take 4 months.

But when you apply for AOS the processing times can be different. Focus on getting your K1 visa first and get married ,then you can think about the AOS processing times. :)

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

this link has VJ timelines average for each field office of AOS processing times. There is also links to the EAD and AP processing times too to give you an idea of how long they take. Also if you have a timeline currently filled in, you can check out similar timelines to follow people who have similar dates to you, or look to recent completed AOS timelines and get an average. Like the previous post though, GC can take a year, my EAD was approved just after 90 days and usually AP is approved around the same time, I didn't apply for that though. 

Good luck with the K1 application! 

Timeline
9 hours ago, Lstanick15 said:

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/aosstats.php

this link has VJ timelines average for each field office of AOS processing times. There is also links to the EAD and AP processing times too to give you an idea of how long they take. Also if you have a timeline currently filled in, you can check out similar timelines to follow people who have similar dates to you, or look to recent completed AOS timelines and get an average. Like the previous post though, GC can take a year, my EAD was approved just after 90 days and usually AP is approved around the same time, I didn't apply for that though. 

Good luck with the K1 application! 

The link is showing 1455 days for Chicago - that can't be right.  Also, do you think it would make a difference if a beneficiary was from a low fraud country, i.e. Canada?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, DFG said:

The link is showing 1455 days for Chicago - that can't be right.  Also, do you think it would make a difference if a beneficiary was from a low fraud country, i.e. Canada?

Wow that doesn't seem right! Maybe check out the USCIS processing times for the 485 in Chicago. That might tell you a little more up to date information, however they tend to be a couple of months behind with updating their site. 

Being a low fraud company, I think that your K1 will just be a smooth process, I'm from the U.K. And K1 was approved in 6 months due to an RFE (we didn't send any additional documents with our initial application) so if you do it properly then you may be approved in less time as there will be no delays. The high risk countries tend to have a longer more thorough process. But for the AOS I can't imagine country having an impact on processing. They've already done the background so it just depends on whether you send the correct documents that they want the first time round. 

Timeline

As this is the CR1/IR1 forum, if you haven't already filed, have you considered having a small civil ceremony and going straight to a CR1 application? I had the opportunity to chat with a K visa applicant at the Montreal panel physicians office, and his wait time from file to appointment was about the same as mine (6 months). The interview will be Montreal regardless. From my understanding there is also additional fees regarding the adjustment of status after you've married on the K as well. As a CR1 you can technically work from the moment you make your legal entry on your visa. I had my social in a week and my official green card in about 2.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

***** Moving from CR-1 spousal visa to AOS from Family Visa forum as Op is asking about that process ******

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.