Marco Antonio

AOS package sent, and no answer yet!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hi there, 

I sent my AOS package on 02/17/2017. I didn't receive any answer yet. And this situation is  making me feel desperate. Currently ours  K1 & K2 visas are expired and our  status is in legal limbo. Any advice will be very helpful for us, I will appreciate!  

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Patience .... Just wait you will hear something. 

And both you and your K-2 are fine.

Thank you for your reply, but whats make me feel desperate is to see that many people here says that they receive NOA within average  10 days. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Marco Antonio said:

Thank you for your reply, but whats make me feel desperate is to see that many people here says that they receive NOA within average  10 days. 

Don't compare. That will happen ALL the way through the process.

Wait 30 days and if still nothing then I would start to be concerned. 

You can check yourself: Did I send in the new forms and the new fee and everything with the K-2 signed the right place and so on if that will make you feel better.

I am in the same situation.

Came to the US in a K1 visa,  filed for AOS on February 21st (husband was told that  USCIS should receive the package by February 24th; unfortunately, we do not have a tracking number). Been waiting for my NOAs since then. Check hasn't been cashed either.

We wrote down the new amount of money that needs to be paid and I triple checked my paperwork before sending it with UPS. All of the documents expire either in June or December 2017 or December 2018.

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

On 3/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, Marco Antonio said:

Don't panic, We mailed my wife's AOS package Nov. 14, and the check was not cashed until Dec. 5. We got text and email notification the next day. 

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

Don't panic, We mailed my wife's AOS package Nov. 14, and the check was not cashed until Dec. 5. We got text and email notification the next day. 

So you understand exactly how I am feeling. I review my email 1000 times a day. I know that I am in the process, but being in a kind situation that you don't know exactly wich is your status, make me  feel so stressful and I can't avoid it 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Came to the US in a K1 visa,  filed for AOS on February 21st (husband was told that  USCIS should receive the package by February 24th; unfortunately, we do not have a tracking number). Been waiting for my NOAs since then. Check hasn't been cashed either.

We wrote down the new amount of money that needs to be paid and I triple checked my paperwork before sending it with UPS. All of the documents expire either in June or December 2017 or December 2018.

My package was sent in February 16. They received February 17. All documents in the envelope were triple checked as well. It's the first time in all the process that I feel like this,  I don't know if  listening all the time in the media about the new president's immigration  policy is what it makes me feel stressed out 

2 minutes ago, Marco Antonio said:

My package was sent in February 16. They received February 17. All documents in the envelope were triple checked as well. It's the first time in all the process that I feel like this,  I don't know if  listening all the time in the media about the new president's immigration  policy is what it makes me feel stressed out 

When my husband  (at that time my fiancé ) filed for my K1 we had to send the whole paperwork again. We sent it with UPD the second time and they received it.

This is why I'm a little nervous about sending everything again...

ROC Timeline

Timeline
1 hour ago, Becci391 said:

What documents?

1 hour ago, Georgia16 said:

What documents?

AOS, EAD, AP, G-325A, I-864 and the G-1145

ROC Timeline

10 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

Oh no worries at all that has nothing to do with your case at all :) You will be fine.

Oh...I thought that has something to do with it. But I triple checked everything before sending it. ?

ROC Timeline

Timeline
Just now, Becci391 said:

Oh...I thought that has something to do with it. But I triple checked everything before sending it. ?

You always have to send in the most updates form from their webpage and I'm sure you have. If it goes over those dates while your in processing them it has nothing to do with your case and will not cause you any problems :) 

30 minutes ago, Georgia16 said:

You always have to send in the most updates form from their webpage and I'm sure you have. If it goes over those dates while your in processing them it has nothing to do with your case and will not cause you any problems :) 

I should have no problems then. :)

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.