Sucre_86

AOS online update but no physical letter in the mail… HELP

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey all,

My husband and are our adjusting from a K-1. We finally received a status update July 22nd for an interview on August 23, but we are still waiting for the letter in the mail. With our interview date approaching i am starting to flip, should we have received something in the mail telling place/time for the appointment?? I updated our address mid-June and received an address change verification to the new house, so I know they have the right address on file. What should we do? what is the normal time from online update for interview to receiving something in the mail???? should i call them?

thank mucho!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

We received our letter a few days after the status update. You guys should have got the letter by now. Try calling them or do a e-request to request another interview notice letter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cameroon
Timeline

Who should i contact it says to contact after August 21st if i don't receive any mail, but thats 2 days before the interview

Call the USCIS hotline and request to speak with a level 2 officer. You can equally schedule an info pass appointment ASAP to speak to an immigration officer in your local USCIS field office. For the meantime, you should start gathering your required documents for the interview, so when you have a copy you won't start scrambling for things at the last minute. I can send you a copy of what mine was to your inbox. It's still going to be same stuff.

Adjustment of Status From F-1 Visa.

8/14/2014: Mailed AOS package: I-130, I-485, I-765.

8/18/2014: Accepted in Chicago. Transferred to Nebraska Service Center.

8/21/2014: Received NOA 1. I-130, I-485, I-765 in mail.

8/25/2014: Received biometrics in mail. Scheduled for 9/8/2014

9/24/2014: EAD approved. 36 Days!

10/01/2014: EAD mailed.

10/03/2014: Received EAD card.

10/14/2014: I-485 moved to testing and interview.

1/28/2015: Interview scheduled for 3/4/2015.

1/31/2015: Received interview notice.

3/4/2015: Interview completed and APPROVED!

3/5/2015: Welcome notice mailed and I-130 Approved.

3/10/2015: Welcome notice and I-130 approval notice received.

3/12/2015: Green card mailed.

3/14/2015: Green card delivered.

Removal of Conditions: 

12/14/2016: Mailed I-751.

12/19/2016: NOA issued.

01/26/2017: Biometrics.

05/03/2018: I-751 transfered to NBC.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 Interview.

05/14/2019: I-751 APPROVED.

Naturalization:

12/02/2017: Mailed N 400 to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox. (I-751 still pending)

12/05/2017: Package delivered in Phoenix, AZ. Transferred to Harrisonburg Processing Center.

12/07/2017: Notice of action issued. (IOE)

12/26/2017: Biometrics.

01/23/2019: Interview Scheduled for 2/27/2019.

02/27/2019: Joint I-751/N-400 interview. N-400 recommended for approval.

05/16/2019: N-400 APPROVED! Placed in line for oath ceremony.

05/17/2019: Oath ceremony notice mailed.

06/12/2019: Swearing in Ceremony! Finally a U.S. citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hey all,

My husband and are our adjusting from a K-1. We finally received a status update July 22nd for an interview on August 23, but we are still waiting for the letter in the mail. With our interview date approaching i am starting to flip, should we have received something in the mail telling place/time for the appointment?? I updated our address mid-June and received an address change verification to the new house, so I know they have the right address on file. What should we do? what is the normal time from online update for interview to receiving something in the mail???? should i call them?

thank mucho!!

dont waste time.

schedule infopass appointment and get letter/document from there.

Timeline

do i schedule a physical info pass appointment at local USCIS office in SF? I got an appointment at San Francisco office next available date was the day before my scheduled interview. Will they be able to figure out what is going on and give us a print out of the letter appointment letter we need to go the next day to my interview?

I called USCIS service center and they told me they could not give me any information related to the case as I am not the beneficiary and that he must be on the phone to give his consent…. this is extremely irrratating I am his spouse and petitioner don't I have a right to get information and resolve the matter.

Im going to call tomorrow as well just to see what happens and make sure they got the address change in June even though we received a hard copy confirmation at our new address. Also should i go ahead and request a new letter via online?

I'm probably going overboard…..

thanks mucho for the help!!!

Edited by Sucre_86

Timeline

Call the USCIS hotline and request to speak with a level 2 officer. You can equally schedule an info pass appointment ASAP to speak to an immigration officer in your local USCIS field office. For the meantime, you should start gathering your required documents for the interview, so when you have a copy you won't start scrambling for things at the last minute. I can send you a copy of what mine was to your inbox. It's still going to be same stuff.

Starkilla, I agree its probably better not to waste time and start collecting our documents for the interview. I would love a list of possible documents w could bring with us to the interview…. if we ever hear anything back.

thanks!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

do i schedule a physical info pass appointment at local USCIS office in SF? I got an appointment at San Francisco office next available date was the day before my scheduled interview. Will they be able to figure out what is going on and give us a print out of the letter appointment letter we need to go the next day to my interview?

I called USCIS service center and they told me they could not give me any information related to the case as I am not the beneficiary and that he must be on the phone to give his consent…. this is extremely irrratating I am his spouse and petitioner don't I have a right to get information and resolve the matter.

Im going to call tomorrow as well just to see what happens and make sure they got the address change in June even though we received a hard copy confirmation at our new address. Also should i go ahead and request a new letter via online?

I'm probably going overboard…..

thanks mucho for the help!!!

I would strongly suggest taking Infopass and showing up at the local uscis field office as early as possible. Schedule that appointment right away (you can cancel later on if you dont need). Do show up at the field office on Aug 23 or before that (Infopass) at the office. There is a chance they didn't do the address change properly - they can look it up when you are at the Infopass.

Was there a change in the jurisdiction office when you moved to your new address?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread is moved from the AOS/Family-Based main forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.