valefercrs

Question about DS160

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi guys! I completed and submitted the DS160 form on May and.our interview has been scheduled for July 18th.

Yesterday i booked a flight to visit my fiance (i will stay one week on my tourist visa). Do i have to submit another DS160 updating this last trip to the US and bring the two DS160 to the interview?

Thank you all in advance!

Timeline

Thanks! So i will have to fill another DS160 but rescheduling the interview with the new bar code is not necessary, am i right?

I have been looking for info about this online but could not find specific information.

Thanks for your reply.

• 3 months later...
Timeline

Thanks! So i will have to fill another DS160 but rescheduling the interview with the new bar code is not necessary, am i right?

I have been looking for info about this online but could not find specific information.

Thanks for your reply.

Hi, I need some help.

When you pay for the visa fee (after completing DS-160)Did you pay at Scotiabank or at the embassy? Our case is "ready"b ut the embassy hasn't sent anything to me yet (instructions). How long did it take for you to receive the instructions after your case was ready? and how did you schedule the medical test?

thanks in advance

Timeline

Hi, I need some help.

When you pay for the visa fee (after completing DS-160)Did you pay at Scotiabank or at the embassy? Our case is "ready"b ut the embassy hasn't sent anything to me yet (instructions). How long did it take for you to receive the instructions after your case was ready? and how did you schedule the medical test?

thanks in advance

Hi!

Your fiancee has to pay the visa fee at Scotiabank and keep that receipt because the agents at the embassy will ask for it. Our case was ready for two months and the embassy did not send us any instructions. My fiance sent an e-mail and the next day the embassy sent us the instructions electronically. You don't have to wait for the Embassy to contact you because it will not happen, in fact, we received the instructions letter two weeks after i arrived in the USA with my k1 visa jaja.

We decided to wait two months after our case was ready to have the interview, that was our choice but if you want the interview date asap then i'd recommend sending an e-mail. They will give a list of doctors. You will need your interview date to schedule an appointment for the medical. Once you have it, call any of the doctors to set a date. I went to Clinica Angloamerica with Dr. Corigliano.

Make sure your fiance has all the right documents, i know a couple whose case was on AP for two months after the interview in Lima because they provided a wrong judicial record. I went to the interview with my fiance and it only lasted 30 seconds! It was very easy.

I'm happy to help, let me know if you need anything else.

Valeria

Timeline

Hi!

Your fiancee has to pay the visa fee at Scotiabank and keep that receipt because the agents at the embassy will ask for it. Our case was ready for two months and the embassy did not send us any instructions. My fiance sent an e-mail and the next day the embassy sent us the instructions electronically. You don't have to wait for the Embassy to contact you because it will not happen, in fact, we received the instructions letter two weeks after i arrived in the USA with my k1 visa jaja.

We decided to wait two months after our case was ready to have the interview, that was our choice but if you want the interview date asap then i'd recommend sending an e-mail. They will give a list of doctors. You will need your interview date to schedule an appointment for the medical. Once you have it, call any of the doctors to set a date. I went to Clinica Angloamerica with Dr. Corigliano.

Make sure your fiance has all the right documents, i know a couple whose case was on AP for two months after the interview in Lima because they provided a wrong judicial record. I went to the interview with my fiance and it only lasted 30 seconds! It was very easy.

I'm happy to help, let me know if you need anything else.

Valeria

Thanks for your reply. We have three certificates: the judicial, penal and police certificates. What should it say in the judicial record ? The one we got says: Solicitado para: "Tramite" (valido para uso nacional y en el extranjero). About the police certificate, we got type 1 (tramite administrativo) the same for the penal certificate.

Did you get the same or different ones?

We really apreciate your help. This process is really stressful.

Timeline

Hi!

1. "Certificado de antecendentes judiciales a nivel nacional" - I paid S/.37.7 soles at Alberto del Campo #1050. Referencia Cuadra 31 de la Av. Salaverry. There are two types green and yellow. The one you need is Green color!

2. "Antecedentes Policiales" - It's type 2 (Para uso en el extranjero", price is 133.30 soles. The only place that issues this is at Av. Aramburu. They will take fingerprints and a dental examination.

3. "Certificado de antecedentes penales" - I went to Lima Center and paid S/.52.80 at Banco de la Nacion.

I hope this helps!

Timeline

Hi!

1. "Certificado de antecendentes judiciales a nivel nacional" - I paid S/.37.7 soles at Alberto del Campo #1050. Referencia Cuadra 31 de la Av. Salaverry. There are two types green and yellow. The one you need is Green color!

2. "Antecedentes Policiales" - It's type 2 (Para uso en el extranjero", price is 133.30 soles. The only place that issues this is at Av. Aramburu. They will take fingerprints and a dental examination.

3. "Certificado de antecedentes penales" - I went to Lima Center and paid S/.52.80 at Banco de la Nacion.

I hope this helps!

Yes, Thanks a lot... Our interview is on 25th October ? I think we have the wrong docs. We will get them ASAP Thanks again

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.