monty510

Supervisior Review after initial 30 days review period over

38 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys... I believe i did biggest mistake by calling NVC asking them about my case status after initial 30 review time period over. My document scan date is 11/05/2015, yesterday 11/07/2015 it was already over 30 days. so i decided to call NVC. CR without telling me or explain me anything, she put me on supervisor review for documents and said it can take up to 42 days for them to review my documents. Then I called back again and spoke to another CR, he said I shouldn't call and wait few more days, and said with out supervisor review its faster. He also suggest me to send my documents again, because that only take up to 30 days for them to review. This is totally crazy. Can someone advise me what should I do to make process bit faster? Thanks in advance.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

my scan date is November 5th as well, i called them yesterday and they told me that will transfer to supervisor for review because it was delayed, before she started i asked her how long will take, she said it will take 42 days, and i told her to stop and do nothing, i told i rather wait two weeks than 42 days for "Fast review from supervisor". so i am going to wait two more days, since they lost two holiday days. and to answer your question, no there is no other way to expedited any attempt will add another 30 days.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Yes, I think you made a mistake by calling so close to the 30 day mark but nothing you can do about that now. Supervisor review really is a lottery, I hope you get lucky. No point sending anymore documents, you're on supervisor review now and no way to get off it. Either you get reviewed within the 42 days or get your Senator involved. We were stuck on supervisor review for four months and only got cc because we involved our Senator.

You can call and try to get through to a supervisor. It's a long shot when you're still within the 42 days but some do get through so... Doesn't hurt to try.

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

Timeline

I should have done same thing as you did, I was not aware of it. I guess I have to wait 41 more days :(... Please let me know if they review your documents.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

hi,my review date has also passed and still haven't gotten a reply from the NVC!what little information i know is that once your case has been reviewed and they don't need any additional documents they will send all your information to the embassy in your country.You will then get your dates for medical and interview.

Good luck to you..

Timeline

my story is same like u, i did call nvc after 30 days review period and they put me on supervisor review. i call them today and i ask if i can talk to a supervisor and the person who was helping me he ask why i wanna talk to a supervisor so i told him about my case. he say no u can not talk to supervisor buz ur case just start in oct. is it true guys did i ask it too early? dont know what to do.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

My review date is also up.This week will make two weeks.To be totally honest I was tempted as well to call!But then I got that feeling that I would be doing something wrong and I just didn't call I emailed my agent instead.

According to this website the N/A means case completed. Everything for me and my kids says paid,completed and N/A,but the processing site is still the NVC so that means my info hasn't been sent to my country as yet.

Hoping to hear from them before this month is up.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

When ever you call always insist talking to supervisor if you dont get hold of one at that time call again but only talk with the supervisor because normal reps are waste of time as they dont have any info on cases supervisors do have and they will tell you straight whats happening regarding your case wish u best of luck

Service Center : Nebraska Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-08-24

I-130 Sent : 2014-08-28

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-09-02

I-130 RFE : 2015-02-06

I-130 RFE Sent : 2015-02-20

I-130 Approved : 2015-03-03

NVC Received : 2015-03-28

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Pay AOS Bill : 2015-06-01

Send AOS Package : 2015-06-04

Submit DS-261 : 2015-06-04

Receive IV Bill : 2015-07-01

Pay IV Bill : 2015-07-05

Send IV Package : 2015-07-24

Checklist : 2015-10-06

Case Completed : 2015-11-11

Interview Date (IR-1/CR-1 Visa): 2016.01.21

Timeline

I checked my case status this afternoon i saw 3 n/a there after that i call nvc and find out my case got completed today . feeling so great today after so much stress . good luck to u guys hope to have your c c soon. god bless everybody

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I called today, and my case has been completed as of today, since priority date is not current, they told me i will wait a couple months before they setup an interview, currently they are working on June 15th visas and prior. Could luck to everyone.

my case was 35 days since scan date. DO NOT TRANSFER CASE TO SUPERVISOR, always wait especially if they had holidays, so basically case took 33 days removing thanksgiving days

Thank you,

Hicham

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.