pantonia

nervous about interview and I-134

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

next month I have my k-1 interview. I'm nervous because of the economic part. My fiancee doesn't make enough as a student and our co-sponsor makes well above the poverty line for 3 people (him, his wife and myself) but I'm worried his monthly bank account balances will play against us, since at the end of the month he doesn't have much money left.

I debated as to whether or not I should post this, since it could give me some peace of mind or destroy my hopes a month in advance, because we don't have much else to do if it's a really bad thing. I tell myself that nobody can expect for people to finish the month with hundreds of dollars left just because they make more than the minimum asked in the poverty guidelines, but I'm also worried that they will be just too strict and won't be sensible about it :( ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Simple, don't show the bank account.

If he is employed, simply show his tax returns and a few pay stubs.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Simple, don't show the bank account.

If he is employed, simply show his tax returns and a few pay stubs.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

For my fiance's I-134 I included the bank letter, which I think is required. My ending balance shown on the letter was less than $200 but my tax returns and letter from my employer show I make well over the poverty line for two and he had no problem at all. His K-1 visa was approved last week. I think they are more concerned with seeing a steady source of income and not a bank balance at a specific point in time. Good luck!

Timeline

For my fiance's I-134 I included the bank letter, which I think is required. My ending balance shown on the letter was less than $200 but my tax returns and letter from my employer show I make well over the poverty line for two and he had no problem at all. His K-1 visa was approved last week. I think they are more concerned with seeing a steady source of income and not a bank balance at a specific point in time. Good luck!

thanks!! we are in a bit of a special context, because our co-sponsor doesn't file income taxes (all of it is tax-exempt) so I think we'll show the VA and SS statements showing how much he gets monthly, and bring along the bank stuff just in case they ask for it specifically. good to know though that you didn't encounter any problems either with a low month balance!! a big relief.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Letter from bank showing last 12 months deposits and current balance is a requirement. We found bank would only supply current balance and date account was opened, so my fiancé got copies of all statements for past 12 months, all copies of details regarding any income at all. We got through. Prepare as much information for the interview as possible, is better to have too much than not enough. All the best for you both.

Met online through Runescape early 2013.. Just friends B-)B-)B-)B-)B-)

07 Nov 2013. Told her I loved her (L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

June 2014 - Met her for 1st time, Sf is a great town, 5 of the best days ever <3 <3

July/Aug 2014 Spent another 5 days in Sf... only reinforced how much I loved her

March 2015 7 day trip to Sf again, we picked the wedding band (F)(F) (F) (F) (F)

Jun 2015 My Beau visited me here in Aussie..... We just want to be together for always

Aug 2015 My 1st visit to Texas, met the parents in her home town, did another trip to Sf... 20 days of BLISS

16 Aug 2015 Proposed and she said YES!!! :wub::wub::wub::wub::wub: (it was a surprise, she had no idea when I was going to 'pop the question')

I-129F Sent : 14 Aug 2015

I-129F NOA1 : 21 Aug 2015

I-129F NOA2 : 17 Sept 2015

NVC Received : 05 Oct 2015

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 05 Oct 2015

NVC Left : 13 Oct 2015

Consulate Received : 19 Oct 2015

Packet 3 Received : 21 Oct 2015

Packet 3 Sent : 21 Oct 2015

Packet 4 Received : 22 Oct 2015

Interview Date : 20 Nov 2015

26 Oct 2015: Medical in Brisbane, waiting on call for results to pick up report

02 Nov 2015: Call from Medical centre, report ready to pick up. I tested positive to Chicken Pox antibodies, so no need for shots

15 Nov 2015: Medical records collected, everything ready and collated for this Friday 20th Nov interview...waiting again....

Interview Result : APPROVED unconditionally Woooo Hooooo!!!

Visa Received : 25 Nov 2015 YAY!!! Now waiting for my business to sell....

US Entry : 19 Jan 2016

SSN and Marriage license applied for 22 Jan 2016

Marriage : 12 Feb 2016 <3 <3 <3

Comments :

Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 27 days from your NOA1 date.

It's a waiting game...... Let's PLAY!!!!

Timeline

Letter from bank showing last 12 months deposits and current balance is a requirement. We found bank would only supply current balance and date account was opened, so my fiancé got copies of all statements for past 12 months, all copies of details regarding any income at all. We got through. Prepare as much information for the interview as possible, is better to have too much than not enough. All the best for you both.

we'll be taking the bank statements for sure, but I asked at my consulate how many balances there had to be if I brought them and they said three months were enough (it really varies for each country). I find it annoying that the I-134 instructions don't say which documents are a must and which aren't. It actually says "submit in duplicate evidence of income and resources and resources as appropriate", so I'll take everything I can to make sure they don't ask for surprise documents, but I'll initially show the other proof and see if they ask for the bank balances. at least I'm not as worried now about showing them, seeing what the others have said.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.