Beefheart

i-131 Advance Parole questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Hello folks,

Just in the process of getting my AOS/EAD/AP forms sorted so that I don't have a huge headache doing them all and getting the required evidence and documentation when I arrive stateside and am finally married.

I'm having a bit of an issue with the AP form:

At present, we're not expecting to honeymoon until next Easter due to financial issues and the need for me to get a job as soon as possible after arriving. Do I just estimate when we'll be going away and fill in the date in Part 3 of the form? I ask because I read somewhere that entering 'honeymoon' as the purpose of your trip in Part 4, your application would be denied. It makes no sense for me to be applying for an Advance Parole Document for a family emergency which I would have no prior knowledge of knowing or humanitarian purposes, which include travel to obtain medical treatment, attend a funeral, or visit an ailing relative.

Any clarity on this would be great. I see the example form on here doesn't even complete Parts 3 and 4 of the AP form.

Cheers,

Mark

You can put "unknown" for the dates and you do not ned to put a reason. It specifies this in the instructions. Whatever you heard about it being denied was wrong. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Thanks for the speedy reply and information. You seem to have been doing this for a fair few years now so I feel reassured by your advice.

For part 3 you can put UNKNOWN for both date of expected trip and length of time. Or you can put some arbitrary date and time, it really doesn't matter. Also, you don't need to write anything in part 4.

The example form is still a good example to follow when filling out this form.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

When adjusting from a K-1 and applying for AP, you skip Part 4, as it instructs you to do on the form itself. About halfway through Part 3, at the bottom of Page 2 it states, "If you are applying for a non-DACA related Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7;"

You don't need to include a statement giving a reason for wanting/needing the AP, and you don't ever need to give a reason on the form itself.

You can't enter Unknown in the date and length of trip data fields, so leave them blank and then hand-write Unknown for those after you print it out. You could also put the estimated dates for next year. It won't matter.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

I just took a guess at when my combo card would be ready, so 3 months after filing and made a date up around that time. I put visit family/business for the reason. But it doesn't matter anyway.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.