32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I did my interview on the 6 June got put in AP on the 18 June case changed to ready on the 27 June to Ready today makes it one month since the embassy has my passport, And no word from them the told me at the interview it would take 2-4 weeks to get my visa in hand what could be the hold up is it because I have a common name/ ya my name is Kemar Smith the back ground check is longer or is it because my fiancee changed her address but she called uscis and they told her they don't have anything to do with that man this wait is getting me angry for real, what the longest one in Jamaica had or is waiting. A friend did their interview the 13 and got his back in 2 weeks

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

*sigh* Kemar i am sorry you feel this way. I can sympathies with you. I also have been waiting a while my situation is different i can understand. They've had my passport for over a month now and i have checked a few ppl who've gotten their approvals and i can say that i can range anywhere from 5 days to several months. I don't know why it takes so long, but its a process we all have to go through. Hope this helps.

Timeline

I don't know man but it is really stressing me out I have been to the states I did have a 10year b4 I went to the interview if I knew I would have just did what my friends told me to do sucks when you try to be the good kid and play by the rules

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

They've had my fiance's passport for about a month also..

11/27/2013 - NOA1

12/12/2013 - ARN Change

03/18/2014 - RFE sent (no email notice or update online!)

03/29/2014 - RFE notice received in the mail

03/31/2014 - RFE response overnighted

04/08/2014 - NOA2! Hooray!!! (132 days)

04/11/2014 - Post Decision Activity: Forwarded to Department of State (NVC)

04/12/2014 - Received NOA2 hardcopy. Fancy!

04/23/2014 - NVC Received

04/28/2014 - NVC forwarded to consulate. GAME ON!

05/19/2014 - Interview date received via email (by request)

06/10/2014 - Interview - Approved, but... in ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING due to incompetence

07/17/2014 - My Congressman's office sends an inquiry on our behalf

07/18/2014 - VISA SUPPOSEDLY ISSUED & MAILED!! Status reads "Ready" but was mailed per email to Congressman's office

07/28/2014 - COMPUTER GLITCH. Still waiting for visa.

08/04/2014 - ISSUED!

08/07/2014 - Visa received!!!!!!!!!!!

08/12/2014 - US ENTRY!!!!!!!

08/13/2014 - Applied for SSN

08/19/2014 - Received Social Security Card

08/22/2014 - Obtained Marriage License

09/08/2014 - We are married!

09/18/2014 - Filed I-485 & I-765

09/26/2014 - NOA 1 / I-485 & I-765

10/23/2014 - Biometrics Appointment

11/07/2014 - EAD card ordered to be produced
11/17/2014 - Employment Authorization card received!
02/18/2015 - Notice of Potential Interview Waiver Case received
07/03/2015 - Notice of Permanent Residency Approval / Welcome Notice received! (Issued 06/27/2015)
02/03/2016 - Got him out of my house.
05/27/2016 - Divorce finalized.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

~Inquiry about case status~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I will let you know as soon as i get mine

michela21413

Have you ever seen the add on tv jg wentworth it's my money and i need it now!!!! that's how I feel

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

here's an idea of my time line.

Just wanted to share my time line. i hope my time line is useful to every and anyone who may have to do a waiver, especially persons from Jamaica.

Screen Name: SunD
Appointment Date: September 30, 2013 (eligible to file 601 waiver)
Waiver Received: October 21, 2013
Waiver Receipt Date: October 23, 2013
Waiver approved: April 3, 2014
Approval Notice Received (in the US): April 7, 2014
Contacted Embassy: April 8, 2014
Embassy Replied: April 10, 2014 (they asked us to fill out the DS-260 form and email the conformation page. about 20 minutes later we got an automated reply and then 30 minutes later we were emailed the IL)
New Medical: May 2, 2014
New Interview Date: May 16, 2014

Called to come Collect Delayed Medical: June 8,2014

Collected Medical and Brought it to Embassy along with Passport: June 9, 3014

Case Status Changed to AP: June 17, 2014

Called in for Finger-printing and Re-oath: July 1,2014

Case Status Changed to READY: July 1, 2014

Case Update: July 3 and 7, 2014

Visa Pick up Date:
Filing Country: Jamaica.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I will let you know as soon as i get mine michela21413

Have you ever seen the add on tv jg wentworth it's my money and i need it now!!!! that's how I feel

You are to much lol

Kemar you nuh wait yet. My husband have been waiting 11month and all now they can't issue the visa. All I can say is have patience

11 months.....oh lawd im nervous now

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will let you know as soon as i get mine

michela21413

Hahaha...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.