trailmix

Hotel Reviews Montreal

235 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Staying at the Hotel Gouverneur Place Dupuis. Booked through Priceline ($100/night, but I messed up, probably could have gotten it cheaper). Was a bit wary after reading reviews, but the place is awesome! It's very clean, nice view of the city. Maybe 15-20 minute walk to the consulate, but also right at Berri-UQAM metro station.

Be careful if you're walking around the city, there's lots of road construction, especially around Ste-Catherine - I broke the heel off my shoe walking back from the consulate. :rolleyes:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Staying at the Hotel Gouverneur Place Dupuis. Booked through Priceline ($100/night, but I messed up, probably could have gotten it cheaper). Was a bit wary after reading reviews, but the place is awesome! It's very clean, nice view of the city. Maybe 15-20 minute walk to the consulate, but also right at Berri-UQAM metro station.

Be careful if you're walking around the city, there's lots of road construction, especially around Ste-Catherine - I broke the heel off my shoe walking back from the consulate. :rolleyes:

awe seriously? wow

I saw you walking on my way to the train station, I tried to grab your attention but you didnt hear me. so heres my wave goodbye "waves". On the train at the moment...boring ride ha ha

where are you moving to btw?

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

awe seriously? wow

I saw you walking on my way to the train station, I tried to grab your attention but you didnt hear me. so heres my wave goodbye "waves". On the train at the moment...boring ride ha ha

where are you moving to btw?

:D

I changed my shoes back at the hotel, had a busy afternoon of sightseeing. Heading to Schwart's for my smoked meat sandwich soon. :)

Glad it all went ok. See, you didn't need to hurry to Timmies! ;)

San Francisco. :thumbs:

Edited by birdnerd

Booked the Nelligan through Fall Sweet Deal. It wasn't cheap but we figured after all this stress it would be a nice place to stay. http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/Offers

http://www.hotelnelligan.com/ The best flight deals we found were through West Jet. His through Kayak, not a cheap adventure flying to Montreal from the West Coast considering there is a consulate in Vancouver...:pop:But I hear the poutine is awesome!

Will give you a review after we're through! All the best to those of you with interviews!

• 6 months later...

Does anyone who's interviewed recently have any input? Preparing for when it's our turn to book! :)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I stayed at the Hyatt.

It was really nice and super close to the consulate but pretty expensive.

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Timeline

That shuttle from the airport. Where do you catch it and where do you get off it if you are staying at Centreville?

<!--quoteo(post=1241183:date=Oct 7 2007, 12:37 PM:name=samaci)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (samaci @ Oct 7 2007, 12:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1241183"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1241047:date=Oct 7 2007, 08:55 AM:name=Allie)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Allie @ Oct 7 2007, 08:55 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1241047"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I stayed at Hotel La Tour Centreville. Have stayed there on 15 visits to MTL to watch hockey games. Always found it to be clean, comfy and friendly staff. It's only a 2 minute walk to the Consulate from there<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm sorry that Candy's experience was a not so good one. My room was very clean at La Tour, and especially the bathroom!!! Had a small kitchen in it with a microwave. The TV was a little smaller than I'm used to, but I still managed to see Grey's Anatomy!!! (haha)... The staff was very friendly, and I prefer a harder matress than a soft one, so my bed was fine. I also don't think I could've gotten any closer to the Consulate, a 2 min walk!! A few people I have met who also went to Montreal, they all stayed there too, they recommended it to me. Everyone said the same thing: Its not the Ritz, but its clean and it will do for a night or two and very close!!!!

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm another one that stayed at LaTour Centreville with no complaints. I wanted to be close to the consulate and within walking distance of the shuttle from the airport without paying an arm and a leg, and this fit the bill. I appreciated the locked luggage room that I was allowed to use and the kind staff.

Timeline

My wife had her interview last week and she and her mother stayed at Hotel Travelodge Montreal Centre.. about 300 meters away from the consulate. Price for a 2 twin beds room was $66.24 + $10.55 taxes so $76.79 USD total

02.14.2009 - Started chatting online

06.07.2009 - First meeting : Syracuse, NY

07.03.2009 - Spent 3 days together at Philadelphia

08.15.2009 - Engagement in Toronto! In front of her and my parents!

12.31.2009 - Civil Wedding in Toronto!

03.xx.2010 - Got Marriage Certificate but they mispelled my name. Reprint ordered.

05.15.2010 - Finally got correct marriage certificate

06.01.2010 - Ended 4 night trip with her in Las Vegas, NV.

06.04.2010 - Sent I-130 to USCIC

06.09.2010 - I-130 delivered to Chicago USCIS @ 1:40 PM.

06.16.2010 - Check cashed

06.18.2010 - NOA1 received in mail.

07.18.2010 - Real wedding and other events at Brampton/Mississauga!

11.05.2010 - NOA2 text received.

12.21.2010 - Sign In Failed!

03.09.2011 - Original Interview Date (Date was changed by us as T was in India at that time)

04.05.2011 - Medical

04.26.2011 - Interview : Passed! Woohoo!

04.28.2011 - Passport mailed from Montreal/Dorval. At Brampton DHL awaiting pickup 4/29.

05.08.2011 - Point Of Entry : Peace Bridge, Buffalo, NY. Took 1 hour total.

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

When I had my interview in Montreal February 2011 i stayed at Parc Suites Hotel. It is more expensive than some of the other hotels in the area but the room was clean and comfortable.

It should be noted that there is a steep flight of stairs (actually two flights) from the front door to the check-in desk and then more stairs to some of the rooms. The room My sister and I stayed in was clean and roomy and actually had a pull out couch and a pull out chair. It could have comfortably slept 5 people or more. It also had a little kitchenette. Most importantly to my sister and myself it was bug free (at least our stay was bug free.. I can't speak of any future ones anyone else has)

The hotel itself is located directly above a Cora's restaurant (great breakfast) and up the street from a St. Hubert (reasonably priced dinner)

I meant to post this just after I got home but was so excited all I could do was pack for my move.

:D

Timeline

We stayed at Hotel La Cantile Suites. It was a 3 star or so hotel, fairly old, but nice none the less. It had a kitchen suite, a must have for a week stay.

This place is so old you do still have actual physical keys to the doors, not keycards. I got the biggest kick out of that. There is also no pay-per-view on the tv, which was strangely weird. My wife had a bad feeling about the hotel from day 1, but it seemed fine to me for the price we got it at, around 100 per night.

It was 1 block from metro, 1.3km from Consulate (walkable if you want to skip metro).

We bought 3 day metro passes from the Airport and used the 747 express bus instead of paying for cabs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.