13 posts in this topic

I’m very confused and very upset. Finally I thought things are going along and we have our interview on June 18.

My interview letter came to the old address (luckily my mother in law still lives there) on May-07.

Today May- 12 I received a letter stating my Interview was canceled for various reasons. When I called the USCIS hotline they did not even had my Interview letter listed they told me that my case shows that they received my REF a month ago and that is it. I’m just confused. How long will it take know for them to send me a new Interview date. I really hope soon.

How many have gone through the same thing and how long did it take to get a new interview date?

Sep. 19-06 send AOS papers

Oct. 02-06 received NOS of papers

Oct. 02-06 received Biometric appointment letter

Oct. 11-06 Biometric appointment

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Dec. 05-06 USCIS recived RFE package

Dec. 15-06 Recived Email EAD approved.

Dec. 21-06 Recived EAD card in mail

Jan. 05-07 send AR-11 to HLS

Feb. 12-07 Recived SS card in mail

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

Aug. 01-07 Interview date

Aug. 01-07 Interview in Memphis. Approved

Aug. 12-07 Conditional GC in mail

May 01 -2009 Start of Removing Conditon of Residancy send I-751 off

May. 04-09 I-751 package deliverd at USCIS Vermont

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May. 29-09 recived Biometric appointment letter

Jun. 09-09 Biometric Appointment

Oct. 13-09 Letter arrived. Approved

Oct. 26-09 10 Year GC in mail

May 04 - 2010 Start of Natruralization process sent N-400

May 06 - 10 N-400 delivered to Uscis Texas

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Jun. 14 - 10 Biometric appointment

Aug. 11 - 10 Interview appointment

Spt. 29 - 10 Oath letter asrrived

Oct. 21- 10 I AM AN AMERICAN CITIZEN

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I've seen people get letters of intent to deny based on the fact that they did not show up for an interview that they had been notified was cancelled, so I would highly recommend showing up for the interview anyway.

In the meantime, you might try making an infopass appointment to see if you can get some more information about what's going on.

I've seen people get letters of intent to deny based on the fact that they did not show up for an interview that they had been notified was cancelled, so I would highly recommend showing up for the interview anyway.

In the meantime, you might try making an infopass appointment to see if you can get some more information about what's going on.

That is exactly my fear. That they going to send me a letter of intent to deny based on the fact that we did not show up for the interview. The problem with the Info pass is that I live 10 hours from NJ where the interview is supposed to be and 8 hours from Memphis where the closest immigration office is.

If I would go to the interview (that is canceled) what should I tell them there. Sorry never received a cancelation letter, here I am. Or just see what they tell me. I rally don’t have the money to drive to NJ for nothing. I’m really mixed up now. This is really f%* up.

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

Mar. 09-07 Recived USCIS updat notification on change of address (at new address)

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That is exactly my fear. That they going to send me a letter of intent to deny based on the fact that we did not show up for the interview. The problem with the Info pass is that I live 10 hours from NJ where the interview is supposed to be and 8 hours from Memphis where the closest immigration office is.

If I would go to the interview (that is canceled) what should I tell them there. Sorry never received a cancelation letter, here I am. Or just see what they tell me. I rally don't have the money to drive to NJ for nothing. I'm really mixed up now. This is really f%* up.

Yes, I agree that it's really fukced up, but unfortunately there's not much you can do. If infopass is too much of a hassle, then I would still plan to go to the interview. I wouldn't lie and say that you hadn't received a cancellation letter, but they might not even ask because they might have you scheduled as originally. If they do ask, you can tell them the truth, that you came anyway because you didn't want to chance being denied for not showing up. The worst they can do is turn you away, which will suck since you have such a long trip there, but if you don't go and then get a letter of intent to deny, you'll be kicking yourself.

Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If I were you, I would go to the interview and pretend you never got the cancellation letter.

What were the reasons stated in the letter for the cancellation?

Edited by misa

K3 Timeline - 2006-11-20 to 2007-03-19

See the comments section in my timeline for full details of my K3 dates, transfers and touches. Also see my Vancouver consulate review and my POE review.

AOS & EAD Timeline

2007-04-16: I-485 and I-765 sent to Chicago (My AOS/EAD checklist)

2007-04-17: Received at Chicago

2007-04-23: NOA1 date (both)

2007-05-10: Biometrics appointment (both - Biometrics review)

2007-06-05: AOS interview letter date

2007-06-13: AOS interview letter received in mail

2007-07-03: EAD card production ordered

2007-07-07: EAD card received! (yay!)

2007-08-23: AOS interview (Documents / Interview review)

2007-08-23: Green card production ordered!!!

2007-08-24: Welcome notice mailed!

2007-08-27: Green card production ordered again... ?

2007-08-28: Welcome notice received!

2007-09-01: Green card received!

Done with USCIS until May 23, 2009!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm very confused and very upset. Finally I thought things are going along and we have our interview on June 18.

My interview letter came to the old address (luckily my mother in law still lives there) on May-07.

Today May- 12 I received a letter stating my Interview was canceled for various reasons. When I called the USCIS hotline they did not even had my Interview letter listed they told me that my case shows that they received my REF a month ago and that is it. I'm just confused. How long will it take know for them to send me a new Interview date. I really hope soon.

How many have gone through the same thing and how long did it take to get a new interview date?

GO TO THE INTERVIEW ANYWAY!!!

PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE ABOUT GOING....MY Experience....

Just ask waren613 he and I both received e-mail cancellation and actual letters from USCIS as well as our respective lawyers.

Good Luck!

Mary K.

Mary (NC) Atif (Youssoufia)

NOA2 for 129F on 16 Nov 2005......NOA2 for I-130 on 28 Nov 2005

INTERVIEW DATE SCHEDULED FOR 9AM[GMT] 27 FEBRUARY 2006-Issued 221g for Validity of relationship....told being sent back to USCIS/Atif Received Visa On 10 March 2006

AOS/EAD

10 July 2006--signed I-485 and I-765

25 July 2006 recieved NOA-1 for both

18 Aug 2006 Biometrics Appt.

21 Oct 2006 EAD arrives in mail

26 Dec 2006 received aapt.->01 Feb 2007 AOS interview->CANCELLED! rescheduled 01 Aug 2007-waiting

09 Feb '07-received denial of AOS--#######??!! MTR filed--Interview-01 Aug 07

27 Sept '07-I-765 [#2] filed--14 Nov '07 Biomerics for I-765 [#2]

Take it from me....GO TO THE AOS INTERVIEW DATE ANYWAY!!!!! EVEN IF YOU GET THE SNAIL MAIL NOTICE!!!

August 2009--Permanent Resident Card arrives!!!!

We are Finished with Immigration for 10 years!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Scooby,

Even though it is a 10 hour drive for you, go to the interview anyway. THere has been enough evidence that USCIS sends out erroneous cancellation notices for interviews and deny applications when people fail to show up for the supposedly cancelled interview. They are then faced with the time and cost of getting the applications re-opened and it turns out to be a lot more expensive and heart-wrenching in the long term than a wasted 10 hour drive will be. Try turning the time taken to go to the supposedly de-scheduled interview as a holiday for the two of you so that if it does turn out to be a valid cancellation you can continue with your plans for a day away, and if it is indeed the expected interview, then you can celebrate. There has also been enough evidence here on this site of people who have shown up at their de-scheduled interviews who were interviewed in spite of the supposed cancellatinos. Be sure to bring all of your evidence along with the interview letter (and the cancellation letter). If it does turn out to be a valid cancellation and they don't interview you, you will at least find out the reason why as well (ie. transferred to California; file not received, etc.) Good luck!

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

also check if the NJ center has time for info pass appointments - you might be able to schedule info pass for the interview date - 10 hr will feel better if at least you know you have 10 min talk about your case

good luck there!

AOS

Mar-23-07 : AOS/EAD/I-130 received at Chicago

Mar-28-07 : NOA 1-797

Apr-13-07 : RFE sent

Apr-14-07 : Bio done

May-04-07: RFE response received at Lee's Summit, MO

May-29-07 Interview scheduled!! Received I-797C, Notice of action dated May 23

Jun-07-07 : E-mail from CRIS stating card production ordered for EAD on June 7th

Jun-12-07 : Another e-mail from CRIS stating card production ordered for EAD on June 12th?!

June 15-07 : E-mail saying that "Approval notice sent" for EAD

July-11-07 Interview, I-130 approved, AOS pending (name check)

Aug-14-07 E-mail from CRIS, notifying a welcoming notice was sent to the new perm. resident!!!

dunno about the touches before that

~~~ I-130 last touch Apr-16-07 ~~~

~~~ EAD touched Apr-17-07 ~~

~~~~EAD touched Jun-07-07

~~~~EAD touched Jun-12-07

~~~~EAD touched Jun-13-07

~~~~EAD last touch Jun-15-07

~~~ AOS last touch May-09-07 ~~

~~~ some more touches June 17 - 18

~~~ no touches after interview, and then touhed Aug 14 -15, when AOS was approved

let me make sure I understand: you filed AOS, moved, submitted AR-11, got an interview date via mail in NJ, then got a cancellation via mail (what location did you receive this letter)?

The few who were cancelled for neglecting to show for the interview received an email cancellation. They *could* have cancelled your appointment due to the AR-11 catch. Your file may not be in NJ anymore, but at this point, I believe you will have to attend the NJ appt. The suggestion of the infopass on that date as a backup is a good one.

There is no reason to pretend that you didn't get the cancellation letter. I'm sure they are aware that there is an issue with the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. If they ask why you came to the cancelled interview, just explain that you have heard of people being denied for not showing up at a cancelled interview.

2001 Met

2005 Married

I-485/I-130

12/06/2006-------Mailed I-130/1-485

12/16/2006--------Recieved NOA 1 (I-130 & I-485)

12/18/2006--------Touched I-130/I-485

01/20/2007--------Biometrics

05/10/2007 -- Interview, Approved!

05/22/2007 GREEN CARD arrives!!!

02/2009 - File to lift conditions

I-765

12/14/2006--- Mailed EAD App.

01/20/2007--- Biometrics

02/09/2005-------Sent in request to Congressional office for assistance with expediting EAD.

02/13/2007 -------- EAD Approved!

02/26/2007 - ------EAD received

Removal of Conditions:

05/12/2009 -- Overnighted application by USPS express mail (VSC).

05/14/2009 -- Green Card expired.

05/23/2009 --- Check cleared bank.

05/26/2009 -- Received NOA (NOA date May 15, 2009, guess they aren't deporting me).

05/29/2009- Biometrics Notice date

06/01/2009- Received Biometrics Letter

06/18/2009 - Biometrics

09/23/2009 - date of decision to approve (letter received), just waiting for card. No online updates whatsoever.

let me make sure I understand: you filed AOS, moved, submitted AR-11, got an interview date via mail in NJ, then got a cancellation via mail (what location did you receive this letter)?

The few who were cancelled for neglecting to show for the interview received an email cancellation. They *could* have cancelled your appointment due to the AR-11 catch. Your file may not be in NJ anymore, but at this point, I believe you will have to attend the NJ appt. The suggestion of the infopass on that date as a backup is a good one.

I received the Interview letter and cancelation letter at my old address in NJ.

However I have moved in January to TN and made sure that all the right steps were taken for the change of address. In fact (and this is where the whole complication starts) Lee Sumit as well as the Home Land Security service for the AR-11 in Kentucky sent me verification that they have received the request of address change and have done so. These notices were sent to me at my new address in TN over a month ago.

I called the USCIS hotline. They don't even show that I received an Interview letter or cancelation letter from them. There files are still stuck at the time where I sent my REF in on Dec 5-07.

Now to my so called great lawyer. He is in NJ. He told me if they send a cancelation then it is canceled. That if lee Sumit sent the notice it means my files have not been jet transferred to any local office. So that’s why there would be no Interview. After I question him he said “I don’t have all the answers”. Well why then have a lawyer? Is that not why we hire them in the first place?

Anyway. This is my plan. I will make an Info appointment a couple days before the Interview. Go there talk to them. If my Interview is on. Great. I will not miss it. If not well at least I can see what the hold up is and give them a hart time for a change.

Oct. 12-06 RFE for I-485

May. 16-09 NOA for I-751

May 18 - 10 recived NOA

I agree with other people saying you should just turn up anyway, just in case. However if you've moved 10 hours from NJ, then I assume your case would have been transferred to a different DO, which would at least give a reason for the interview cancellation? Where abouts do you live? I find it hard to believe that 10 hours from NJ and 8 hours from Memphis that there isn't a USCIS office closer to where you live.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.