GaryC

Global Warming Alarmists in Media Ignore Freezing Fire Hydrants in Alaska

62 posts in this topic

I really don't understand how global warming has become a political issue. What are Republicans afraid of? Emission regulations? Cleaner fuel? Ahhhh scary!

It's a distraction to keep the people busy - some far-reaching problem that can't be solved immediately no matter what anyone does (assuming it exists to begin with) - perfect for polititians...

Watch THIS hand while the OTHER pulls off the magic trick.

Example - middle of 'the war' and other heated opposition to Pres.Bush.. what did he do? Let's focus on outlawing Gay Marriage...

Also referred to as Wag The Dog...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Global warming is a misleading term for what's going on. Climate change is a more accurate term. Whatever you want to call it, it's real and it's only going to get worse.

the climate has been changing since the earth was formed. Why is it supposed to stay the same now? Because we are here? How arrogant.

It's the rate of the change that has people so alarmed.

What about the volcanoes spewing out 90% + of CO2?

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I counter your parroted argument with an article from someone who actually knows something about climate research: A climate researcher!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/...20220075850.htm

"If you plug in volcanic eruptions, El Niños, solar variations and other natural causes and try to simulate past climate changes, you can do a pretty good job of modeling climate change until the end of the 19th Century," the researcher said.

After that period, he said, natural causes alone don't account for the amount of warming, about 0.6 degrees Celsius (1.1 degrees Fahrenheit), that has taken place in the last century.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I think its pretty arrogant to assume that we can't have an effect on the environment personally. I hate this attitude that we can do whatever we want and it will have no effect.

It's not. Our energy needs are minuscule compared to the energy locked inside our planet.

2.1 million years back, there was a massive mega volcanic eruption in Yellowstone of 8.0 VEI

(Volcano Explosivity Index -- similar to the Richter Scale -- a VEI of 8.0 is 10 times more explosive

than 7.0). 1.3 million years ago, Yellowstone erupted again with a 7.0 VEI.

If Yellowstone erupted today with a VEI of 7.0-8.0, all of North America would be covered in lava,

and the United States, Canada and Mexico would be wiped off the map. The ash ejected into the

sky (15 miles high) would block out the sun worldwide, sending us into a prolonged winter. Virtually

all plant life would end and virtually all animal life would become extinct, including humans.

It's not a question of "if", but rather "when". Yellowstone will erupt sooner or later, and all your

CO2 emissions ain't gonna make a dime's worth of difference. We will all die.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

I counter your parroted argument with an article from someone who actually knows something about climate research: A climate researcher!

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/...20220075850.htm

"If you plug in volcanic eruptions, El Niños, solar variations and other natural causes and try to simulate past climate changes, you can do a pretty good job of modeling climate change until the end of the 19th Century," the researcher said.

After that period, he said, natural causes alone don't account for the amount of warming, about 0.6 degrees Celsius (1.1 degrees Fahrenheit), that has taken place in the last century.

I just want people to think for themselves. Not follow master politico AlGore like a Jim Jones follower.

BTW..... The sun is warming our planet and Mars. And Mars doesn't have evil humans on it.

"Mars Melt Hints at Solar, Not Human, Cause for Warming, Scientist Says

Simultaneous warming on Earth and Mars suggests that our planet's recent climate changes have a natural—and not a human-induced—cause, according to one scientist's controversial theory. "

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/20...rs-warming.html

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I just want people to think for themselves. Not follow master politico AlGore like a Jim Jones follower.

Oh believe me, I'm no follower of Al Gore! However I'm also not a climate scientist so don't really feel like I'm qualified to make a definite conclusion on the matter, unlike some. Politicians know ###### all about science in general, and yet they feel like they all have a definite answer to things such as global warming, evolution, the age of the universe. In general almost all of their conclusions are based on politics and not scientific reasoning.

As for the Mars thing, there's no good evidence to show that the solar constant is increasing in anything other than the usual 11 year cycle, so I find it hard to believe that even if Mars were experiencing a warming, you can link this to any warming on the Earth. It would appear from some reading that not many other people believe that either.

Edited by Dr_LHA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

meanwhile, we just had snow here today, the first time i've seen it snow in kansas in the 5 years i've been here. i know, it must be global warming :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
So we shouldn't worry about global warming because we're all going to die in a big explosion anyway? OK fair enough. ;)

Pretty much. Look at the big picture: if we are affecting the environment,

the planet is vastly overpopulated. Global warming kills a few billion people,

things will cool off.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think its pretty arrogant to assume that we can't have an effect on the environment personally. I hate this attitude that we can do whatever we want and it will have no effect.

It's not. Our energy needs are minuscule compared to the energy locked inside our planet.

2.1 million years back, there was a massive mega volcanic eruption in Yellowstone of 8.0 VEI

(Volcano Explosivity Index -- similar to the Richter Scale -- a VEI of 8.0 is 10 times more explosive

than 7.0). 1.3 million years ago, Yellowstone erupted again with a 7.0 VEI.

If Yellowstone erupted today with a VEI of 7.0-8.0, all of North America would be covered in lava,

and the United States, Canada and Mexico would be wiped off the map. The ash ejected into the

sky (15 miles high) would block out the sun worldwide, sending us into a prolonged winter. Virtually

all plant life would end and virtually all animal life would become extinct, including humans.

It's not a question of "if", but rather "when". Yellowstone will erupt sooner or later, and all your

CO2 emissions ain't gonna make a dime's worth of difference. We will all die.

YELLOWSTONE SUPERVOLCANO GETTING READY TO BLOW ITS CORK

Super Volcano Will Challenge Civilization, Geologists Warn

Married on 11/21/06 in her hometown city Tumauini located in the Isabela province (Republic of the Philippines)

I-129 Timeline

12/12/06 - Mailed I-129 package to Chicago Service Center

12/14/06 - Received by Chicago Service Center

12/18/06 - NOA1 notice date from Missouri (NBC)

12/21/06 - NOA1 received in mail

12/27, 12/29, 12/31 - Touches

01/06/07 - Transfered to California Service Center

01/11/07 - Arrived at California Service Center

1/12, 1/16, 1/17, 2/6 - Touches

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail

02/15/07 - Arrived at the NVC - MNL case # assigned

02/20/07 - Sent to US Embassy in Manila

02/26/07 - Received at Embassy

03/30/07 - Packet 4 received

05/09/07 - Medical scheduled (did early)

05/16/07 - Interview

05/23/07 - Visa Delivered

05/25/07 - POE in Newark, NJ

I-130 Timeline

11/27/06 - Mailed I-130 package to Texas Service Center

11/29/06 - Package received by Texas Service Center

12/06/06 - NOA1 notice date from California Service Center

12/09/06 - Touch

12/11/06 - NOA1 received in mail

02/06/07 - NOA2 from California Service Center

02/11/07 - Received NOA2 in mail (I-130 held at CSC)

--------------------

Pinoy Info Forum - For the members of Asawa.org in diaspora

Timeline

"Explosions of this magnitude "happen about every 600,000 years at Yellowstone,"

says Chuck Wicks of the U.S. Geological Survey, who has studied the possibilities

in separate work. "And it's been about 620,000 years since the last super explosive

eruption there."

Global warming, global shwamring.

Global warming should have been named "global climate change"; the theory predicts overall warming, but with more extremes between temperatures, and more erratic weather.

In any case, one example doesn't confirm or disconfirm it any more than me saying "I found a dollar on the sidewalk" would disprove an economic recession.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
In any case, one example doesn't confirm or disconfirm it any more than me saying "I found a dollar on the sidewalk" would disprove an economic recession.

I love your similes :D

Believing in Global Warming is un-American...

ETA: Why reason when you can deny?

Why reason when you can scare?

Senator Barack Obama
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG