Love_A_Brit

What causes delay between NOA2 and NVC case number?

179 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I'm a little frustrated here. We received our NOA2 on July 1 and still do not have an NVC case number. What would cause this delay? I've viewed several timelines where people only waited 2 weeks. Does the country matter? Thanks in advance for any insight!

It can take up to 6 weeks.

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

So they say...I was just wondering if there's any rhyme or reason to why some get a case number quickly and others wait. I understand that waiting is part of the process. It's just tougher today for some reason. :-)

Thats a ❓❔❓ many would love the answer to ^_^

:girlwerewolf2xn: Ana (L) Felix :wub:

K1 March Filer 2016

Interview Approved August 19, 2016

POE September 25, 2016

AOS November Filer 2016

DISCLAIMER: Please excuse my ABC & Gramm@r I am not an editor...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

I feel for you- I was approved June 8th and still not at NVC.

My fiancé is from Afghanistan but I don't think it has to do with the country because they're done with security checks at that point. Also I know a lot of others from same country or high risk/fraud countries who have gotten to NVC in a matter of 2-4 weeks as well.

Frustration is an understatement.

I think it has to do with USCIS actually sending out the petition in the next batch - I also heard they can accidentally send it to the wrong place or forget to send it at all (not saying that's what happened With you lol) but I'm starting to think that's what happened to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just to keep the thread moving along, we are waiting as well. Yesterday marked week number four since the I797 approval (NOA2).

As a good friend asked me yesterday, are we a developing nation or a first world country? This entire pre-immigration process reminds me of something we'd see in a third world nation. How can a country so efficient and technologically advanced still be so archaic with such things? If they are understaffed, hire and train people. If they are overloaded with requests, stop closing service centers. They have had years to study, understand and work out the kinks.

And poor Farzram...he's at eight weeks and still no answers. Sometimes I feel as if we are considered subhuman because we chose foreign fiancés.

MEETING

12 March 2012: Met Dyn at a coffee shop in Kuwait

Summer 2012: I returned home to the U.S. to prepare a way for Dyn

Fall 2014: Dyn returns home to Philippines after seven years in Kuwait

ANNULMENT

February 2014: Engaged while I visited Philippines

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

December 2015: Bohol District Court issues decision in our favor

December 2015: Judge sends transcript of his decision to OSG for processing

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

I-129F / K1 VISA APPLICATION PROCESS

April 04 2016: I-129F sent to Texas Lockbox via USPS Priority Mail

April 12 2016: Email from USCIS acceptance confirmation

April 17 2016: Official NOA1 hard copy received

July 12 2016: NOA2 Approval hard copy received

July 14 2016: Post Decision Activity email from USCIS

THE LONG WAIT (USCIS misplaced approved petition)

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

INTERVIEW / MEDICAL PROCESS

October 04 2016: Day 1 of medical at SLEC in Manila

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

October 21 2016: Vaccination day at SLEC (medical finally complete)

October 25 2016: Visa interview at USEM in Manila (APPROVED)

HOMECOMING

November 19 2016: Dyn's arrival at POE Dulles IAD in Washington DC

December 01 2016: Married

Timeline

Agree 1000% with gregory&dyn. 4,6,8 weeks is all a long time for a file to be transferred in this day and age from California to NH.

My senators office got involved and spoke to both NVC and USCIS. They said they would let them know when they had more info. Definetly thinking something is wrong with my case.

I know it's frustrating for all of you as well- I saw someone with an August 2nd approval and NVC received it on the 8th. So regardless if I am at 8 weeks or you are at 4- it's hard and frustrating !

Timeline

Any news today? I just called at 4:40 EST and still nothing. Same canned response, "...it can take up to six weeks for USCIS to send your case to NVC. Blah blah blah..."

Or for our good friend, Farzram, "...it can take up to 8 weeks for us to lose your case and then act like nobody cares."

Do these people realize that our lives are in their hands?

MEETING

ANNULMENT

March 2014: Officially hired attorney and filed for Dyn's annulment in Bohol, Philippines

February 05 2016: OSG returned receipt and approval to district court in Bohol. CoF to be issued end of second week in February

February 09 2016: Dyn is presented with the Entry of Judgment and her Certificate of Finality via the local court.

February 15 2016: LCR issues annotated marriage certificate, and necessary documents are forwarded to the NSO / PSA visa LBC

April 19 2016: Received CENOMAR and Annotated MC from PSA via private courier. DONE! COMPLETE! FINISHED! OFFICIAL!

September 16 2016: NVC received approved I-129F petition and assigns case number

October 05 2016: Psychiatric evaluation off-site due to psychological incapacity annulment (10 hour eval with 800 question profile test)

October 13 2016: CFO Seminar completed successfully and certificate awarded (CFO stamp not issued until visa is presented).

October 20 2016: Return to SLEC complete psychological evaluation with resident psychologist (less than ten minutes)

HOMECOMING

Timeline

No updates here, really.

I guess my frustrated email kinda caught NVCresearch attention because they finally responded with something other than- "we don't have your petition we will contact USCIS - you don't need to take any further action at this point"

They emailed me yesterday saying- we have contacted USCIS requesting your petition and the location and are waiting on a reply , when we have more info we will contact you.......

Is that hopeful? Idk at this point anymore lol. Senators office also contacted USCIS July 27th but USCIS said they would respond within 30 days to them. So confused.

Btw gregory&dyn- your calling at a good time during the day because I heard a lot of folks call earlier in the day and they are told the case hasn't been received - then they call later in the day and they say yes it's been received today. I think it takes time for them to get the mail in the morning and scan it into their system.

Update...I called NVC again today as I have every other day for the last three weeks. I was told that my paperwork was not on site but should be by now. I was advised to e-mail the research team and allow up to six weeks for a response. So our wait continues. I'm in tears, but what can I do? Absolutely nothing. :-(

Timeline

No updates here, really.

I guess my frustrated email kinda caught NVCresearch attention because they finally responded with something other than- "we don't have your petition we will contact USCIS - you don't need to take any further action at this point"

They emailed me yesterday saying- we have contacted USCIS requesting your petition and the location and are waiting on a reply , when we have more info we will contact you.......

Is that hopeful? Idk at this point anymore lol. Senators office also contacted USCIS July 27th but USCIS said they would respond within 30 days to them. So confused.

Btw gregory&dyn- your calling at a good time during the day because I heard a lot of folks call earlier in the day and they are told the case hasn't been received - then they call later in the day and they say yes it's been received today. I think it takes time for them to get the mail in the morning and scan it into their system.

Considering most mail isn't delivered and processed until mid to late afternoon, it makes no sense to call in the morning. Even so, I call everyday between 4 and 6 EST. In all of my calls, I have yet to talk to the same person twice.

So sorry about the blow off from USCIS and NVC. Frustrating enough that we put our lives in their hands, and then they treat us like we are second class citizens. I am beginning to see just how primitive this system really is. Fingers crossed for you, my friend.

MEETING

ANNULMENT

HOMECOMING

Timeline

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Hey let's keep our hopes up for Thursday and Friday :) end of the week mail might be piling in and we just might be in that batch :)

Timeline

Thanks for the kind words guys :)

Hey let's keep our hopes up for Thursday and Friday :) end of the week mail might be piling in and we just might be in that batch :)

Sadly, Thursday was a no go for us. Did you get any news today?

MEETING

ANNULMENT

HOMECOMING

Timeline

I called earlier around 11:30 est time because I'm out of country and time difference is 8 1/2 hours .... They said it wasn't there.

I didn't get a chance to call back later in the day NH time because I was exhausted ! I guess I'll try Friday! If it's not there I'm going to be even more discouraged than before! Past 2 weeks I've been having a "it will be there by end of the week" outlook and I'm starting to get super discouraged!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.