MASH

February 2016 AOS Filers

2,760 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Updated time line, see below. (I know the timelines always helped me, so I hope this helps others!)

Had interview in LA downtown May 10th, 2016.

Interview was scheduled for 2:30pm, arrived at 2pm, was brought into the interview at 2:25pm.

Very straightforward, she thanked us several times for having a very organized file and evidence (I labelled and colour coded everything).

Took our IDs and photocopied it, she said it was proof that we were here.

She then proceeded to ask us questions from the I-485 as well as mom's name, dad's name, birthdays, etc...

She then asked for anymore evidence we wanted to provide... I gave her our new car registration that has both of our names, and our recent bank statements.

She also said she was somewhat surprised that we got an interview, as I'm transferring from the TN VISA, and have been legally living and working in the US since 2012. She did mention that some people will get married to circumvent the K1 process (where you have to leave the country), so that might be why. We told her it was a day off work for both of us, which is always nice! lol

She never said directly that we were approved, but said she would finish our case up by the end of the day (more background checks?)

She also handed us a letter that said they are working on our case, and a decision of some sort will be made in 120 days (though she told us to ignore that, as she verbally told us she will finish up with ours by the end of the day).

Checked my USCIS status this am, and it looks like we are approved.

So, that's it... until 1.5 years from now!

Edited by CT_Cdn

7/2010 - Met while travelling

4/2012 - TN Status 3 years approved, moved to Los Angeles

3/2014 - Renewed TN Status, as passport expiring

8/8/2015 - Got Married!!

2/1/2016 - Sent in I-130/I-485/I-131/I-765 through UPS

2/3/2016 - UPS confirms delivered

2/8/2016 - Received NOA1 for all 4 documents, e-mail and texts

2/12/2016 - Recieved NOA1 hard copies in mail

2/22/2016 - Recieved Biometrics letter in mail for 3/4/2016

3/4/2015 - Biometrics done

3/14/2016 - Online status changed for I-485 to Ready to Schedule for Interview

4/7/2016 - Online status changed to interview scheduled, date given early May

4/8/2016 - Online status, EAD approved

4/11/2016 - Interview letter arrived in mail, hardcopy

4/12/2016 - Online status, EAD and AP letter being mailed out

4/14/2016 - EAD and AP arrived, card and letter in hand

5/10/2016 - Interview in LA

5/12/2016 - Online status updated, I-485 and I-130 approved

5/16/2016 - Received Welcome letter in mail

6/10/2016 - Received PRC (Green card) in mail... yay!!!

2/20/2018 - I-751 applied

3/7/2018 - NOA 1 1 year extension

8/2018 - NOA 2 18 mth extension

2/28/2019 - Received I-751 approval document - CSC

7/1/2019 - Still have not received actual green card, though approved. Spoke to USCIS MANY times, no resolution

8/1/2019 Began writing to senators and congressman

8/31/2019 Received 10 year green card (ended up being an IT problem from USICS, senator notified me of this)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Great news MASH :) everything's starting to fall in place for you.

@Francais_usa...I would call like right now. Its sorta strange that u haven't received it as yet.

Just made a phone call to USCIS to find out what card was mailed, and it is confirmed my GC was approved and mailed to me!! :dancing:

Good luck to all, I believe yours is coming soon! :)

The joys. Congratulations

Congrats!!!

Hubby's Timeline:

January 19, 2013 - Sent I-130

January 23, 2013 - Priority DateJuly 2013 - Approved but ineligible to adjust

March 8, 2016-sent AOS packet ( I-485, I-131, I-765)

March 10 - lockbox received packet

March 17 - notifications received

March 21 - received hardcopies of NOAs

April 1 - received biometrics appointment

April 11 - Biometrics at Buena Park

May 6 - received hardcopy of I-131 approval dated May 2

May 11 - received texts/email - AP Approved, EAD card is being produced (ordered card production April 30)

May 27 - called USCIS tier 2 - service request to reproduce crooked card that was not sent

June 8 - received texts/email/update - EAD card being mailed

June 11 - received EAD/AP combo card

August 23 - Interview is scheduled for Sept. 28

Sept 28 - AOS approved

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Updated time line, see below.

Interview was scheduled for 2:30pm, arrived at 2pm, was brought into the interview at 2:25pm.

Very straightforward, she thanked us several times for having a very organized file and evidence (I labelled and colour coded everything).

She then proceeded to ask us questions from the I-485 as well as mom's name, dad's name, birthdays, etc...

She then asked for anymore evidence we wanted to provide... I gave her our new car registration that has both of our names, and our recent bank statements.

She also said she was somewhat surprised that we got an interview, as I'm transferring from the TN VISA, and have been legally living and working in the US since 2012. She did mention that some people will get married to circumvent the K1 process (where you have to leave the country), so that might be why. We told her it was a day off work for both of us, which is always nice! lol

She never said directly that we were approved, but said she would finish our case up by the end of the day (more background checks?)

She also handed us a letter that said they are working on our case, and a decision of some sort will be made in 120 days (though she told us to ignore that, as she verbally told us she will finish up with ours by the end of the day).

congratulations!

now you and your s/o can relax and start living :)

Citizenship Journey:

K-1 Visa - Citizenship: 04/14/2015 - 09/20/22

7 Years 5 Months 0 Weeks 6 Days 10 Hours 30 Minutes 0 Seconds

US Passport Journey: (Expedited) 

USPS Passport Appointment: September 29th, 2022

Passport Office Received Documents: October 3rd, 2022

Passport Application Approved: October 19th, 2022

Passport Received: October 21st, 2022

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=215312

DECEMBER 2022 N400 FILERS: (Update To Help Your Fellow Filers)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Dominica
Timeline

Updated time line, see below.

Thanks for sharing your experience. I wish to have a smoothe one in the upcoming weeks. Congrats

Timeline

well looks like the APP updated 1.5 seconds ago saying my card was delievered to me by the post office with tracking #

lmao umm kinda late on that one :)

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11xHTs0yLIeoAXIW-O5iYOvRRvbriVgu7JVw8xQq8QDw/edit#gid=0

Congratulations with all the approvals!!!!!! So happy for us!!!!!

Anyway, i have a question.

So my EAD was approved (online) on the 26th of April. It went to New card is being produced to Case was approved. Then I got my card on the 9th of May.

So yesterday, (may 10) my online status changed to 'case was approved' to 'New card is being produced' and it even said that 'on May 3,2016 we ordered your new card bla bla'

What does this meeaaannnn? Is this normal??

AOS from B1/B2 Visa

2/18/2016 - Got married

2/25/2016 - (3:40pm) sent package to USCIS via express delivery Fedex

2/26/2016 - (10am) Package delivered

3/06/2016 - (8:31pm) Case received notification via text and email

3/11/2016 - got I-797 receipt notice in mail

3/19/2016 - got I-797 Biometrics appointment at USCIS Oxnard for 3/29/2016 11:00am

3/29/2016 - Biometrics appointment

4/18/2016 - Called USCIS to expedite my EAD due to job offer

4/21/2016 - Got an email from USCIS for the job offer letter and faxed them the same day

4/26/2016 - 'New card being produced' / 'Case was Approved'

4/30/2016 - Approval notice for EAD and AP in mail

5/09/2016 - Got Combo card in mail

Timeline

So my EAD was approved (online) on the 26th of April. It went to New card is being produced to Case was approved. Then I got my card on the 9th of May.

So yesterday, (may 10) my online status changed to 'case was approved' to 'New card is being produced' and it even said that 'on May 3,2016 we ordered your new card bla bla'

I wouldnt worry about it as you already have your EAD

now you just have to worry about the updates on that AOS :)

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Updated time line, see below. (I know the timelines always helped me, so I hope this helps others!)

Congrats!

That's normal--their system is pretty wacky. Don't worry, you have the card and all is good!

Call the regular number and as soon as the tier greets and ask how may I help you..immediately ask for a transfer to tier 2. Ive heard people stating they had long waits but my calls are always less than 5 minutes. You can definetely call on behalf of your husband. Just have your case numbers on hand

Thank you!

from my experience speaking to tier 2 i just asked for them and they transferred me to them and if they are busy they tell you the buttons to press to have them give you a call back which can take 24 hrs

the phone# is 1 800 375 5283

Thank you! I called and asked to be transferred to the tier 2 officer, as the first guy was incompetent. Literally just read things from the website. Like obviously I know my case has been approved--I'm calling to find out why it's taking so long though...

K1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
☑I-129F Sent : 03-10-15
☑NOA1 : 03-20-15
☑NOA2 : 04-07-15
☑Received NOA2 hardcopy: 04-11-15
NVC received: 04-24-15
NVC Assigns Case #: 04-27-15
☑Case sent to embassy: 05-04-15
☑Embassy Packet 3 sent: 05-19-15
☑Medical: 07-03-15 and 09-07-15 (did two medicals to ensure fiance had enough time to get to U.S.)
☑Interview: 07-30-15
☑Visa Issued: 09-22-15!!!! [:thumbs:]

K1 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!
--------------------------------------------------------

POE TO GREEN CARD

Fiance arrived in USA (POE @ Boston Logan)!!!: 01-31-2016 :D
Court Marriage: 02-04-16
Sent AOS, EAD, AP Packet: 02-25-16 :dance:

Packet Delivered via USPS Priority & Certified: 02-27-16

Check cashed by USCIS: 03-03-16

NOA1's by text (x3): 03-03-16

NOA1 Hardcopies via Mail (x3): 03-07-16

Biometric Appt. Letter Received: 03-18-16 (scheduled for 03/31/16, Raleigh, NC)

Biometrics Appointment: 03-31-16; Raleigh, NC

☑"My Interview is Scheduled" Status Change: 04-12-16

Received hardcopy of Interview Notice: 04-16-16

EAD/AP Approval by Email: 04-26-16

I797 Approval Notice for EAD and AP: 04-30-16

Green Card Interview: 05-18-16; (APPROVED ON THE SPOT!) :D

I797 Approval Notice for Green Card: 05-23-16

Conditional Green Card Received!: 05-26-16 :dancing:

GC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

ROC OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

"120 days out" letter: 01-24-18 ☑ Submitted ROC: 03-10-18 ☑ Package delivered: 03-14-18 ☑ Waived Biometrics: 05-08-18 ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 05-07-19 (automatic approval!) Card Received:

N400 OVERALL: NO RFE and NO LAWYER!

Filing Date: 03/16/2019 NOA1: 03/16/2019 Biometrics Walk-In: 03/28/19 (originally scheduled for 04/08/19) ☑ Interview Date Set for 05/23/19: 04/18/19 (automatic approval!) Oath Ceremony: 07/17/19

Timeline

Congrats!

That's normal--their system is pretty wacky. Don't worry, you have the card and all is good!

Thank you!

Thank you! I called and asked to be transferred to the tier 2 officer, as the first guy was incompetent. Literally just read things from the website. Like obviously I know my case has been approved--I'm calling to find out why it's taking so long though...

Ya i dont understand the purpose of the first customer service people since they only tell you things you already know lol

i guess they are only for people who cant see there updates online

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Attention for people who got ead approval 26-28ish April and still don't have their card!

I've been waiting on my card for two weeks so have been calling uscis impatiently. Today I got a really helpful teir 2 guy. He said the printing machine broke down around this time, and my card WAS printed, but WITHOUT my address on it... So of course it'll never make it to me.

He said he has put in a service request to reprint it and get it to me ASAP, but he can't guarantee how long it'll take. But he was so helpful, and now at least I know why it hasn't arrived. Just for those others waiting 2+ weeks who haven't seen sight of their combo card this may have happened to you too.

Fingers crossed I'll see signs of it now within a week, because hopefully everything will go smoothly again now and it'll be as though I got approved today. Stress stress stress.

Timeline

Hey Everyone

Apparently processing has been updated now since March 31st of you guys wish to check it out ;)

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Hey Everyone

Apparently processing has been updated now since March 31st of you guys wish to check it out ;)

Just checked mine it says June 28th.

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Timeline

Just checked mine it says June 28th.

Mine is April 17th 2015 , which looks like it will take 12 months for my green card

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Mine is April 17th 2015 , which looks like it will take 12 months for my green card

Ugh so hoping for an interview waiver!!

Hold onto your hat its going to be a bumpy ride!!

but don't worry you'll get through it :luv:

Timeline

Ugh so hoping for an interview waiver!!

You and me both

Citizenship Journey:

FULL JOURNEY ADVENTURE:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.