Mrs. Melnic

Marriage contract fast authentication

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone. Me and my husband just got married last July 14,2015 and I'm a filipina. For my husband to file a claim he has to have my authenticated Marriage contract.

Now i have requested a transmittal last July 22 . I went back to ask and check yesterday Aug.24 if they already have my authenticated MC but they said its gonna have to wait 60 working days. But what if I go to Manila main registrar's office to have them receive my original copy of MC then I plan to have it authenticated myself. In the NSO. Would doing that be a good option or not?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from Introducing Our Members forum to the Philippines regional forum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hello everyone. Me and my husband just got married last July 14,2015 and I'm a filipina. For my husband to file a claim he has to have my authenticated Marriage contract.

Now i have requested a transmittal last July 22 . I went back to ask and check yesterday Aug.24 if they already have my authenticated MC but they said its gonna have to wait 60 working days. But what if I go to Manila main registrar's office to have them receive my original copy of MC then I plan to have it authenticated myself. In the NSO. Would doing that be a good option or not?

I am quite confused what you mean by authenticated MC Or you just need your MC on NSO paper. Authentications are for those who had changes on MC in cases such as annulment.

Where are you from? Normally the local civil registrar received the MC after marriage and they forward it to NSO main to be included in the system. I am not sure for newly married, but the process should only be 5 working days for the local civil registrar to forward it to NSO main. If there's a local NSO in your place, verify if your MC is already on the system. You can get NSO copies from any NSO offices all over the country.

Going to Manila to submit your MC and asked for NSO copy can be ok only if they already received the copy from local civil registrar.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

Thank you Cristina 16

Yes I meant NSO MC. I am from cagayan de Oro Philippines in Mindanao. For newly married couples its gonna take 6mos to a year by normal processing. But then I paid for a faster transmittal that'll take like 1+ month to 3 months til I get my MC in an NSO paper. I am also considering of going to an NSO branch here just to check if they have already forwarded my MC so I can print copies. Thanks again?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Cristina 16

Yes I meant NSO MC. I am from cagayan de Oro Philippines in Mindanao. For newly married couples its gonna take 6mos to a year by normal processing. But then I paid for a faster transmittal that'll take like 1+ month to 3 months til I get my MC in an NSO paper. I am also considering of going to an NSO branch here just to check if they have already forwarded my MC so I can print copies. Thanks again?

ur name sounds very familiar...i am from cagayan de oro too.?.. Edited by Shai and Caz

First of all, I am a US citizen, 60 yo and live in Davao.

One thing I learned, in the Philippines, is to never mess with a process coz it will get them lost. They don't get paid enough to do even their work!

I got married this month (Aug) in Davao. I got the marriage certificate from the court, took it myself to the City Hall, paid (75 P) for the Advanced Endorsement fee to get it certified by the local NSO on their security paper as the US EM here wants it.

The City Hall said it would take 2 months with the fee. Without the fee it might take 1 year (or who knows?).

As I understand it, the City Hall sends a copy to the local NSO which forwards it to the main office in Manila. The NSO Manila office certifies it then sends it back to the local NSO.

My question is: Where do I get the NSO secure copy (NSO paper) from and how to know when it's done so I can pick it up?

PS: from experience, work with the system (it don't matter if you approve of it or not) and do what they say. Unless, you have some lawyer or fixer to expedite things for you. However, sometime it makes sense to use or not to use one.

This what I was done, ask the Local Civil Registrar officer to forward/endorse the marriage certificate to NSO, they will send it through LBC express just pay for mailing pay, then get the LBC receipt and endorsement letter from LCR and bring it all to NSO. good luck :)

Timeline

Hi Ladies. This is how it work no matter where you are. I have a good friends who works in our Local Civil registrar so somehow inside tricks on the process.

Upon filing at your local civil registrar, yes they send it to National NSO for encoding / scanning to the system. The system is connected to all NSO offices in the entire country; one system and they all have access to it. Therefore you don't have to go to NSO main to get an NSO copy of your papers (BC, MC, Cenomar).

You will pay an LBC fee - they said it will take 5 working days for the papers to reach NSO main ( I don't believe in this, nor they send each docs as they get it through LBC). Transmittal are sent per batch, so they tell you 1-3 months just to give enough time for shipping and encoding in the system.

Your papers will be available as soon as NSO main got the documents and scanned it on the system. This time frame is unknown and all you can do is to check the local NSO in Cagayan De Oro periodically. Wait for a month and hopefully your local NSO have it.

Zanby - you can get MC on NSO paper at your local NSO in Cagayan De Oro. As soon as it is on the system, it will be available anywhere. You can even request it here in Makati if you are in town or wherever you are in the country. That's how NSO system works. You will file a form to request for an NSO copy of your MC, there a fee for every copy, but only less than P200 I think of you go to NSO office.

Netz is right - if you can get an endorsement letter from LCR and the transmittal thru LBC; you can go to NSO main and submit your docs again. This will make the encoding/ scanning faster as they will not be waiting for the actual docs from the LCR that are stocked somewhere and request for an NSO copy of MC. You will not get it on the same day. There is still a waiting time.

Considering your are from Cagayan De Oro, you can start checking with your Local NSO if your MC is already in the system. Be patient nalang rather than travelling to MNL pa.

As soon as your docs is in the NSO system, you can even request for a copy online and will be delivered to your house for a fee of course. Go to NSO website to know more on this.

CGY is close to my heart. I travel to CGY for work :) and I have so many friends there too.

AOS/ AED/ AP:

(California Service Center, Chula Vista, San Diego, CA)

Filed: Aug 29

Receipt Date: Sept 2

NOA 1 Date: Sept 12 (received text/email)

NOA 1 copy rcvd: Sept 16

Biometrics Notice Date: Sept 17, received Sept 24

Biometrics Sched: Oct 5

Successful walk-in: Sept 26

Oct 13- Case ready to be scheduled for interview

EAD/AP approved - Nov. 1/2 / Received EAD/ AP Combo Card- Nov. 15

50days from NOA1/ 64 days from receipt date.

January 30-  USCIS Ap update, Interview sched on March 3, 2017

Jan 31 - received USCIS letter/ Notice for interview 

March 3- Interview, approved on the Spot

March 8 - received GC

Dec 2018 - To file ROC

My Blogs:

I-129F Petition Process

Medical Requirements

Medical Exam Experience

US Embassy Manila K1/K2 Interview Preparation Requirements and Instructions

Interview (K1 with 2 K2s)

CFO Guidance and Counseling (applicable to applicant from Philippines only)

My K1 Visa Journey

8 August 2015 - Sent I-129F Packet thru USPS

17 August 2015 - I -797C Notice date

20 August 2015 - Received printed copy of NOA1 dated Aug 17.

2 September 2015 - APPROVED! (14 working days from receipt date)

Dec. 21-22 - Medical DONE!

Jan 11, 2016 - Interview- APPROVED!

Jan 15 - Visa ISSUED!

Jan 21 - VISA ON HAND! (8 working days from interview)

March 21 - CFO / PDOS for K2s

June 1, 2016 - POE

July 18, 2016 - Married

I am his and he is mine from this day until the end of my days..

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for your kind comments and suggestions. Hopefully I'll be getting my MC in SECPA paper this week or next cause I've already inquired if they have logged it in to the NSO data base so NSO told me that hopefully this week or next it'll be avaible in their data comp for printing. God bless u all?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

First of all, I am a US citizen, 60 yo and live in Davao.

One thing I learned, in the Philippines, is to never mess with a process coz it will get them lost. They don't get paid enough to do even their work!

I got married this month (Aug) in Davao. I got the marriage certificate from the court, took it myself to the City Hall, paid (75 P) for the Advanced Endorsement fee to get it certified by the local NSO on their security paper as the US EM here wants it.

The City Hall said it would take 2 months with the fee. Without the fee it might take 1 year (or who knows?).

As I understand it, the City Hall sends a copy to the local NSO which forwards it to the main office in Manila. The NSO Manila office certifies it then sends it back to the local NSO.

My question is: Where do I get the NSO secure copy (NSO paper) from and how to know when it's done so I can pick it up?

PS: from experience, work with the system (it don't matter if you approve of it or not) and do what they say. Unless, you have some lawyer or fixer to expedite things for you. However, sometime it makes sense to use or not to use one.

You can order it online at e-census NSO is now PSA https://psa.gov.ph/

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.