Neevs&day

Case returned to USCIS under 221 G and ROE

46 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Piece you are completely missing is that you effectively have been denied visa - that's what it really is when your petition gets sent back to USCIS.

But when we checked with USCIS and local embassy, they still have our case on records. We have clarify with them whether we got denial or we reapply, they stated no it is not denial And is under revision at USCIS. They told us to wait for 180 days and they will notify us for further proceedings within this time limit. They clearly state that until my case is under administrative process, you can't apply for another visa, not even a tourist visa.

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

But when we checked with USCIS and local embassy, they still have our case on records. We have clarify with them whether we got denial or we reapply, they stated no it is not denial And is under revision at USCIS. They told us to wait for 180 days and they will notify us for further proceedings within this time limit. They clearly state that until my case is under administrative process, you can't apply for another visa, not even a tourist visa.

At this point, your best bet is to wait for 180 days as they have suggested you.

XrVRp5.png

I'm not sure about fiance visa but our file was returned last June 28th by the consulate. They sent us a NOIR October 4th 2014...we waited 4 months for a decision after our response. On March 27, 2015 they sent us a NOIR amended...it is almost 1 year now since our file was returned and still no decision...our lives have been put on hold until this time.

Timeline

Just to clarify, not all visas are denied after being sent back to USCIS, the vast majority of cr-1 visas that are returned to USCIS for NOIR or NOID are re-approved after being given the chance to reply, and sent back to the consulate for another interview. And recently there actually was one fiance' visa that was sent back to USCIS and re-approved within days(I am looking for the topic and will post the link when I find it). :)

To the OP: I am not sure what "ROE" is, but listen to Ebonaluwa she has been through it and knows her stuff. Either way you choose to go you need to make sure you overcome the reasons for the denial, they want more evidence, and the only way to get more evidence is to spend more time together in real life. You met your fiance online and spent a mere 9 days together in real life and then immediately petitioned for a visa in a high fraud country, no bueno. While this may be enough time in a low fraud country, it isn't for India, especially with the cultural differences. Even if you decide to marry and go the CR-1 route, having her come to India for a quick trip just to be married and then return home right away won't be enough. Good luck and keep us updated.

Thanks Mimolicious,

This is what I was looking to hear. Your words gave me a breath of relief.

I know what other people advised me here came out of their experiences. But what my point of view was that when USCIS has assured that our petition is not denied and they will advise us in a specified time limit that what evidences they may need after reviewing our case. Also when we have asked them that if our petition will expire after six months or we have to pay fees again, they told that petition will not expire till they deny or close the case. The same statement came out today when I asked from our local US visa support (us travel docs) where I have registered for visa, they mentioned that my petition/case is still showing under process and it will come back to local embassy after reviewing from USCIS. as per them it is common process in most cases.

Now my point is, for which I came here is, when a agency like USCIS is saying about such things, if there is any reason not to believe them. As per the discussion board comments by other members, they are convinced that USCIS may make fool of people and cause such delay Intentionally.

As you told that there are few people who faced same situation, Please assist me with such people case and their results. ROE is actually RFE means request for evidence.

Once again thanks for your kind susupport by words as these boost my moral. I'm looking forward to hear from you again.

I'm not sure about fiance visa but our file was returned last June 28th by the consulate. They sent us a NOIR October 4th 2014...we waited 4 months for a decision after our response. On March 27, 2015 they sent us a NOIR amended...it is almost 1 year now since our file was returned and still no decision...our lives have been put on hold until this time.

Thanks Mimolicious,

I know what other people advised me here came out of their experiences. But what my point of view was that when USCIS has assured that our petition is not denied and they will advise us in a specified time limit that what evidences they may need after reviewing our case. Also when we have asked them that if our petition will expire after six months or we have to pay fees again, they told that petition will not expire till they deny or close the case. The same statement came out today when I asked from our local US visa support (us travel docs) where I have registered for visa, they mentioned that my petition/case is still showing under process and it will come back to local embassy after reviewing from USCIS. as per them it is common process in most cases.

Now my point is, for which I came here is, when a agency like USCIS is saying about such things, if there is any reason not to believe them. As per the discussion board comments by other members, they are convinced that USCIS may make fool of people and cause such delay Intentionally.

As you told that there are few people who faced same situation, Please assist me with such people case and their results. ROE is actually RFE means request for evidence.

Once again thanks for your kind susupport by words as these boost my moral. I'm looking forward to hear from you again.

What type of your visa was you applied for?

Edited by Ryan H

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Cyprus
Timeline

OP what is your service center ? The last re affirmed K1's I saw coming through was in 5 years ago, in 2010 and that was with VSC only.

CSC will not re affirm.

Spoiler

I-129F Sent : 3-31-2014, NOA2: 4-6-2014

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Consulate Received : July 30,2014 Transfer to right embassy complete.

Interview Date : Oct 22, 2014

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Oct 23 email notification visa approved.
Visa Received : Nov. 3 , 2014 VISA IN HAND.

US Entry : Nov. 21, 2014

Marriage : Dec 27, 2014

AOS send : May 12, 2015, received May 14, 2015 USPS priority

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

UPDATE: July 5, 2015 updated on all 3 cases, RFE received June 30, 2015.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

Emails : Aug 24, 2015, EAD approved, EAD card ordered.

I-797 EAD/AP approval notice received : Aug 27, 2015

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS April 21, 2016, case not assigned yet.
Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.
AOS Interview letter received Aug 12, 2016

AOS Interview September 21, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Second Biometrics completed Aug 17, 2016

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

EAD/AP (renewal) approval Aug 22, 2016, NOA2 received Aug 25, 2016

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.
July 21, 2017 HOME VISIT.  Went well. Topic thread in AOS forum.
Waiting to skip ROC and get 10 yr GC due to over 2 year while pending AOS
AOS APPROVED Oct. 4, 2017 * Green card in hand Oct 13, 2017 !!!!!

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

OP what is your service center ? The last re affirmed K1's I saw coming through was in 5 years ago, in 2010 and that was with VSC only.

CSC will not re affirm.

it is New Delhi

Timeline

it is New Delhi

. New Delhi is the consulate not a service center. So what is your USCIS service center ? I will answer the rest of your last post when I am on a computer.
Spoiler

NVC Received : some dinkelsberry yehoo in the house of clingons send our petition to the wrong consulate.

Interview Result : AP , requesting another PC (not expired) and certified divorce decree (was submitted)Stokes interview via phone for petitioner 4 hrs after interview.

Email &text : May 18, 2015, check cashed May 19,2015, return receipt May 21, 2015 stamped USCIS Lockbox, NOA1 (3x) May 22,2015

Biometrics : June 1, 2015 letter received for appointment June 8, 2015, successful walk-in June 1, 2015

RFE : June 12, 2015 for income not meeting guideline. Income does ( ! ) exceed guideline.

RFE response : June 26, 2015 returned with a boat load full of financial evidence.

Service request : Aug 12, 2015, letter received that it will be processed within 90 days from receipt of RFE.

UPDATE: Aug 24, 2015, EAD card being produced/ordered. ( 102 days from AOS receipt day and 55 days from RFE response received.) Thank you Jesus !

EAD/AP combo card mailed : Aug 27, 2015, EAD/AP combo card received: Aug 31, 2015

Renewal application send for EAD/AP : May 31,2016 (AOS pending over 1 year). Received June 2, 2016,Notice date June7, 2016, emails,texts, NOA1 hard copy

Service request for pending AOS June 14, 2016, tier 2 said performing background checks.
Expedite request for EAD/AP Aug 3, 2016, Aug10 notification >request was received, assigned, completed. RFE letter requesting evidence for expedite, docs faxed Aug18

*Service request for I-485 Aug 3, 2016, Aug11 notification> request was assigned. Service request Dec 2, 2016.

Second Biometrics appointment letters received for EAD and AOS on Aug 15, 2016 for Aug 17 ( 2 day notice).

Third Biometrics appointment letter received Aug 19, 2016 for Sept. 1, 2016. WTH ?!

Renewal EAD in production notification text and online, expedite successful 4 days after RFE request response was faxed, Aug25mailed,Aug29received.

Sept. 21 Interview, 2 hour interview, we were separated and asked about 50 questions each for an hour each. IO was firm but professional, some smiles.
Several service requests made, contacted Senator and Ombudsman. Background checks still pending.

First K1 denied after 16 month of AP. Refiled. We are a couple since 2009. Not a sprint but a matter of endurance.

Timeline

Thanks Mimolicious,

What type of your visa was you applied for?

I want to address the things I bolded in your reply.

1.) USCIS has assured you that the petition is not denied. This is correct, they don't deny K1's they expire them.

Why they do this goes way back to a law suit and involves a hard marker of fraud that automatically came into effect when denied, even if

no fraud happened at all. This was challenged in the law suit and from then on CSC and some other service centers no longer denied but

expired petitions. Research Mark Ellis' article on that issue. You have to dig deep and go into that hole to understand it.

2.) The returned K1's are placed in a warehouse to expire, then you get a letter after 6 months that you can re file with paying another fee.

That is the only "review" that will administratively happen.

3.) They told you it will not expire until they deny or close the case. It won't be denied, it gets closed and expires.

4.)Your local visa support, whoever that may be is dead wrong. It is NOT common for K1's to get reviewed and send back to the embassy.

Again, spousal visas such as the CR/IR's do and as I previously said they can respond to the NOIR letters but not K1's.

It used to be that way for K1's many years ago but not since the change.

5. ) Is there any reason not to believe what you have been told by USCIS ? Yes, here are the reasons : Contractors parrot and read things

from an old script and have no clue what they are talking about. If an adjudicator, an IO from tier 2 told you that, who happens to be working on your

case then ok but I bet that was not the case.

Since that law suit things with returned K1's hang in limbo and the agencies are non transparent and the parrots tell you what is scripted.

Yes, I talk from years of experience but I also have been a member for 10 years on this board (also under different email/user name) and

I have watched and researched this issue like a hawk. I have followed cases, researched immigration attorney's articles and read

everything I could find on this matter. Not for weeks or months but years.

I have not seen any true returned K1 returned except very few from Vermont service center in 2010.

Sometimes applicants are told their case will be returned to USCIS but they are kept at the embassy for review / AP and that is completely

different, the applicants never follow through confirming that their case has truly been returned. CO's change their mind and chose AP / review /

security checks / background checks instead and then they approve after this kind of internal or external review and members wrongly term it

a re affirmed K1.

I have yet to see a link to any true re affirmed K1 (not through VSC) and if anyone can find one after 2010 please share the link with me here or via pm

as I am very interested in this.

Could at any time CSC or TSC decide to again re affirm K1's ? Sure, but highly unlikely. Things change, so nothing is impossible but I hope

they do. Could I have missed one case that squeezed by and was re affirmed ? Absolutely, link me up please and I stand corrected.

I want to give you hope but what good will it do except you waste another 6 months to wait for your letter that

says your petition has expired ? I know the pain and wish I hadn't spend so many months fighting re affirmation with CSC.

Sorry it is not what you want to hear. I wish you the very best whatever you decide to do.

Spoiler

Timeline

I want to address the things I bolded in your reply.

1.) USCIS has assured you that the petition is not denied. This is correct, they don't deny K1's they expire them.

Why they do this goes way back to a law suit and involves a hard marker of fraud that automatically came into effect when denied, even if

no fraud happened at all. This was challenged in the law suit and from then on CSC and some other service centers no longer denied but

expired petitions. Research Mark Ellis' article on that issue. You have to dig deep and go into that hole to understand it.

2.) The returned K1's are placed in a warehouse to expire, then you get a letter after 6 months that you can re file with paying another fee.

That is the only "review" that will administratively happen.

3.) They told you it will not expire until they deny or close the case. It won't be denied, it gets closed and expires.

4.)Your local visa support, whoever that may be is dead wrong. It is NOT common for K1's to get reviewed and send back to the embassy.

Again, spousal visas such as the CR/IR's do and as I previously said they can respond to the NOIR letters but not K1's.

It used to be that way for K1's many years ago but not since the change.

5. ) Is there any reason not to believe what you have been told by USCIS ? Yes, here are the reasons : Contractors parrot and read things

from an old script and have no clue what they are talking about. If an adjudicator, an IO from tier 2 told you that, who happens to be working on your

case then ok but I bet that was not the case.

Since that law suit things with returned K1's hang in limbo and the agencies are non transparent and the parrots tell you what is scripted.

Yes, I talk from years of experience but I also have been a member for 10 years on this board (also under different email/user name) and

I have watched and researched this issue like a hawk. I have followed cases, researched immigration attorney's articles and read

everything I could find on this matter. Not for weeks or months but years.

I have not seen any true returned K1 returned except very few from Vermont service center in 2010.

Sometimes applicants are told their case will be returned to USCIS but they are kept at the embassy for review / AP and that is completely

different, the applicants never follow through confirming that their case has truly been returned. CO's change their mind and chose AP / review /

security checks / background checks instead and then they approve after this kind of internal or external review and members wrongly term it

a re affirmed K1.

I have yet to see a link to any true re affirmed K1 (not through VSC) and if anyone can find one after 2010 please share the link with me here or via pm

as I am very interested in this.

Could at any time CSC or TSC decide to again re affirm K1's ? Sure, but highly unlikely. Things change, so nothing is impossible but I hope

they do. Could I have missed one case that squeezed by and was re affirmed ? Absolutely, link me up please and I stand corrected.

I want to give you hope but what good will it do except you waste another 6 months to wait for your letter that

says your petition has expired ? I know the pain and wish I hadn't spend so many months fighting re affirmation with CSC.

Sorry it is not what you want to hear. I wish you the very best whatever you decide to do.

My fiance has applied online on website and not any center. I'm attaching the letter what i have received from Embassy. Please advise is it a NOIR or NOID.

What you suggest me is to not wait for them and come straight to plan B. In VJ i have seen few reviews where people have received NOIR and they have been advised to gather more proof before second interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/374101-noir-and-noid/

Edited by Penguin_ie

Timeline

My fiance has applied online on website and not any center. I'm attaching the letter what i have received from Embassy. Please advise is it a NOIR or NOID.

What you suggest me is to not wait for them and come straight to plan B. In VJ i have seen few reviews where people have received NOIR and they have been advised to gather more proof before second interview.

further to this i found following information on USCIS website. Last Reviewed/Updated: 07/15/2011 on USCIS website

http://www.uscis.gov/tools/ombudsman-liaison/ombudsman-liaison-unit-information-room/immigrant-visa-petitions-returned-state-department-consular-offices

What the beneficiary should expect

When a consular officer returns an immigrant visa petition to USCIS for reconsideration and possible revocation, he or she will typically deny the visa application on the basis of INA section 221(g) (temporary refusal of immigrant visa), pending USCIS review of the returned petition. The consular officer may also deny the visa application on another basis, if appropriate. If USCIS later reaffirms the approval of the petition, USCIS will send the petition back to DOS, at which point the consular officer will either accept the petition as valid and adjudicate the visa application to completion, or present USCIS with new evidence that was not previously considered. When a DOS consular officer denies an immigrant visa application, he or she will provide the beneficiary with a refusal letter listing the section of law under which the visa was refused.

Edited by Penguin_ie

I'm attaching the letter what i have received from Embassy. Please advise is it a NOIR or NOID.

Highly suggest never posting personal details\attachments with personal details in a public forum. Or black out name\address\case#.

Better to PM attachment to a particular member.

Edited by KierenHby

USCIS

January 16, 2015 I-130 Mailed, Chi lockbox January 20, 2015 Priority Date, January 21, 2015 NOA1 notice date, Assigned VSC, January 23, 2015 Check Cashed, electronically March 5, 2015 NOA2

NVC

March 27, 2015 NVC received April 6, 2015 Case#, IIN# assigned April 8, 2015 Paid AOS + IV fee Invoices May 5, 2015 AOS + IV package submitted May 11, 2015 Scan Date

June 11, 2015 DS-260 submitted June 25, 2015 False checklist (for ds260).. hello? June 30, 2015 Answered checklist Aug 5, 2015 Escalated to Supervisor review Aug 13, 2015 Case Complete

Consular

Sept 10, 2015 Interview Scheduled Sept 11, 2015 P4 Letter received Sept 21, 2015 file In transit from NVC Sept 23, 2015 file at Embassy

Sept 28, 2015 Medical Oct 14, 2015 Biometrics Oct 15, 2015 Interview (Approved) Oct 19, 2015 IV visa Issued Oct 23, 2015 Passport Pickup

POE

Nov 2, 2015 Entered the US Nov 16, 2015 Applied for SSN, walk-in Nov 20, 2015 Social Security Card recd Jan 15, 2016 GC received

Timeline

1. All visas are adjudicated at a service center.

2. NOID/NOIR are for spousal visas such as CR/IR's, not K1's.

3.Embassies do not give out NOID/NOIR's, the service centers do.

What you were given is a refusal letter. Do not post anything with your personal info on a public forum.

You needed evidence that you intent to marry within the 90 days, an updated letter of intent to marry and some wedding plans

such as hall rental receipt etc....

If your case has already been send back to USCIS then it is too late and the process is over. No NOIR for K1's.

Edited by Penguin_ie
Spoiler

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

No, she did not. Your application papers (I-129F) were sent to a service center where it was approved and sent to the embassy. California or Texas?

Do not ever post personal information online. Someone can use it for really bad stuff.

Edited by Penguin_ie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.