Lucky2Lucky

Haiti k1 Waiting for packet 3 from Embassy..how long?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hello everyone, I would like your help especially from Haiti members who did/are going through k1 process!

I was able to track my case via DHL and saw it arrived in Haiti on 9/29 from NVC. On 10/6 the CEAC status changed to ready, meaning the embassy officially received it I assume. My question is when will I receive packet 3? Both fiancé and I haven't been contacted and I emailed the Haiti embassy and received no response. How long do you think the wait time should be? I've already filled out the ds-160, made an account on the ustraveldocs site and he just has to pay the fee at sogexpress and get his police record... Waiting for packet 3 so we can do the medical. Any hell would be appreciated thank you!!!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi,

My fiance has yet to receive his packet 3, I the petitioner received a copy of it in about 2 weeks after the embassy received my case. I scanned it and emailed it to him to get stuff done.

Timeline

Hi,

My fiance has yet to receive his packet 3, I the petitioner received a copy of it in about 2 weeks after the embassy received my case. I scanned it and emailed it to him to get stuff done.

thanks for letting me know your experience... I have definitely been checking my email regularly also but it's good to know that I may in fact be the one to receive it. Just want this process over!

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Timeline

mine was sent from nvc since the 9th october, tracked it and it was delivered but status still remains in transit! emailed them and they said they have not received it yet what should do? helpp please it s more than 2 weeks now! also for the email try to use the new one they might get back at you support@ustraveldocs.com

Im worried any advice would be appreciated

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

It took about a month for my fiancé and I to receive it... Actually I think it arrived in Haiti on August 7th and the postmark on the envelope said August 28th. So that means 3 weeks until the letter hit American soil for us. And we both got it on the same day. As for emailing the Haitian Embassy... I've always had bad experiences (meaning a month to respond).

@scjeffley - Have you contacted the NVC and made sure it was your packet that was shipped out on the 9th? Have you received the letter in the mail from them yet? Until you have confirmation from one side of the ocean or the other, you might want to try contacting both again. But if you've received the letter from the NVC than I'd definitely follow up with the embassy... I wonder how much this change in the system is effecting the process in Haiti.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

@JR yes i received the letter and confirmed with NVC. been emailing with the embassy but nothing serious they be telling me except for things I already know. I wonder if this ever happened to someone for that long since the average time is 6 days. NVC told me they will send me a confirmation email within 7 days to forward to the embassy if the status remains the same. they keep telling to go on the website check the status on every email, those people at the embassy dont know a thing!! really sucks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

That really does stink! I'm sorry for the trouble that you're having. They'll find it for you soon and it will be processed without anymore problems. It's going to be okay!

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

Timeline

mine was sent from nvc since the 9th october, tracked it and it was delivered but status still remains in transit! emailed them and they said they have not received it yet what should do? helpp please it s more than 2 weeks now! also for the email try to use the new one they might get back at you support@ustraveldocs.com

Im worried any advice would be appreciated

Thanks for the email address I'll try that one. It took us about 2 weeks for our status to change from in transit to ready on the ceac website. I want my fiancé to get the medical done and over with but have to wait for packet 3 obviously. It will come for us we all just have to be patient and have faith.

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Adjustment of Status

EAD

Timeline

Thanks for the email address I'll try that one. It took us about 2 weeks for our status to change from in transit to ready on the ceac website. I want my fiancé to get the medical done and over with but have to wait for packet 3 obviously. It will come for us we all just have to be patient and have faith.

Thank you for your moral support! I was just worried that it was not normal for more than two weeks. Hopefully something will come up next week!!

Timeline

Did you send the email to the papcons@state.gov email address?? The embassy received my case on 10/09. I emailed them on 10/13 with me and my fiance's information (case number, address, DOB, email address). Then I called the 703 number on 10/15 requesting that they email me packet 3. I received packet 3 via email 6 business days after the first email. This won't hurt to try. Here's the format I used:

I am writing regarding case #.

The National Visa Center informed me that it has been forwarded to your offices in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I would like to know if you have received it as of today.

Regarding this case, I would like to request that the packet 3 be sent to us via email rather than via regular mail. Below please find the information pertaining to this case. Thank you!

1. Beneficiary name. Date of Birth:

2. Case Number:

3. Address:

4. Email Address:

5.Petitioner name Date of Birth:

6. Email Address

Please email the packets to: me, the Petitioner, at @gmail.com; and/or to name, the Beneficiary at @yahoo.fr

Thank you for the reply and looking forward to getting the packet 3 by email! Thank you!

Sincerely,

Timeline

Did you send the email to the papcons@state.gov email address?? The embassy received my case on 10/09. I emailed them on 10/13 with me and my fiance's information (case number, address, DOB, email address). Then I called the 703 number on 10/15 requesting that they email me packet 3. I received packet 3 via email 6 business days after the first email. This won't hurt to try. Here's the format I used:

I am writing regarding case #.

The National Visa Center informed me that it has been forwarded to your offices in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I would like to know if you have received it as of today.

Regarding this case, I would like to request that the packet 3 be sent to us via email rather than via regular mail. Below please find the information pertaining to this case. Thank you!

1. Beneficiary name. Date of Birth:

2. Case Number:

3. Address:

4. Email Address:

5.Petitioner name Date of Birth:

6. Email Address

Please email the packets to: me, the Petitioner, at @gmail.com; and/or to name, the Beneficiary at @yahoo.fr

Thank you for the reply and looking forward to getting the packet 3 by email! Thank you!

Sincerely,

I did everyhting possible. The problem is that they have not received my case yet and it has been shipped since oct 9th and DHL confirmed it was delivered. Its more than two weeks now and they still did not receive my case. Thank you for the format , I ll definitively use it. I have been emailing with them back and fourth about this and I m just waiting for one more week to take action. NVC also email me a proof of that they actually send it and I can forward that to the embassy for further investigation. Hopefully something will come up next week.

Thank you

• 2 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Does anyone know how I can track a Ir1 case similar to K1?

Ceac says Approved

I emailed the embassy in Haiti and they replied they will call me when they have a next step for me. We hubby and I had our interview 2 weeks ago

• 7 years later...
Timeline

ok so we been at this for 4 years now,   in january i got the letter from haiti embasy  to move forward but

it says after paying fee to scedule ourselves.    always...no appointments avaiable.    plus  no packets at all have been sent,   his police report been 4 months,  nothing.   i feel like something wrong but no one know

anything.   one site says wait for packet and they make appointment  another says we make appointment

• 6 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On 4/24/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tracy nichols said:

ok so we been at this for 4 years now,   in january i got the letter from haiti embasy  to move forward but

it says after paying fee to scedule ourselves.    always...no appointments avaiable.    plus  no packets at all have been sent,   his police report been 4 months,  nothing.   i feel like something wrong but no one know

anything.   one site says wait for packet and they make appointment  another says we make appointment

4 years is a long time. Any updates?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.