We Keep Receipts

Biden's son discharged from Navy after testing positive for cocaine

24 posts in this topic

Washington (CNN) -- The Navy Reserve discharged Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter this year after he tested positive for cocaine, U.S. officials confirmed.

The discharge of Biden, a 44-year-old lawyer and managing partner at an investment firm, was first reported by the Wall Street Journal on Thursday. He confirmed the report in a statement to CNN.

"It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge. I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward," he said.

Biden was commissioned as an ensign in May 2013 and assigned as a public affairs officer in a Norfolk, Virginia-based reserve unit. A month later, he tested positive for cocaine, and he was discharged in February, according to the report.

The U.S. official said the Navy never had contact with the vice president's office over the issue, and that standard procedure for failed drug tests is administrative discharge. The vice president's office didn't comment on the report.

Hunter Biden is the younger of Biden's two sons. His older brother, Beau Biden, is Delaware's attorney general and a major in the Delaware Army National Guard. He was deployed for a year in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/politics/hunter-biden-discharged-from-navy/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Why was he discharged?

Bush did cocaine and was elected President of the U.S.

So to carry your logic train one step further, Obama sold weed an did coke so he should resign ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Why was he discharged?

Bush did cocaine and was elected President of the U.S.

You can't do drugs while serving in the military. That's why.

So to carry your logic train one step further, Obama sold weed an did coke so he should resign ??

Who said he should resign? Please quote my comment saying anyone should resign.

I wasn't seriously suggesting that you could.

Sure you can.

Getting caught is the no no

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Washington (CNN) -- The Navy Reserve discharged Vice President Joe Biden's son Hunter this year after he tested positive for cocaine, U.S. officials confirmed.

The discharge of Biden, a 44-year-old lawyer and managing partner at an investment firm, was first reported by the Wall Street Journal on Thursday. He confirmed the report in a statement to CNN.

"It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy, and I deeply regret and am embarrassed that my actions led to my administrative discharge. I respect the Navy's decision. With the love and support of my family, I'm moving forward," he said.

Biden was commissioned as an ensign in May 2013 and assigned as a public affairs officer in a Norfolk, Virginia-based reserve unit. A month later, he tested positive for cocaine, and he was discharged in February, according to the report.

The U.S. official said the Navy never had contact with the vice president's office over the issue, and that standard procedure for failed drug tests is administrative discharge. The vice president's office didn't comment on the report.

Hunter Biden is the younger of Biden's two sons. His older brother, Beau Biden, is Delaware's attorney general and a major in the Delaware Army National Guard. He was deployed for a year in Iraq.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/16/politics/hunter-biden-discharged-from-navy/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

there goes his Navy pension.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Either word can be used. People who feel they are invincible may feel invisible as well, yes?

You could use the word inedible but invincible is the feeling commonly associated with cocaine use.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This douche nozzle went in on an drug waiver (and an age waiver) and got booted for drugs. So on an F'in drug waiver he received a mother loving direct commission after attending "a two week class covering topics such as military history, etiquette, and D and C." No boot camp, no OCS, nothing but got damn privilege.

"It was the honor of my life to serve in the U.S. Navy" he said. I guess that's why you decided to take a great big steaming dump on it eh Hunter.

This jack-wad gets my vote for A-hole of the year.