markgina

Cost of DS 260 and 261 ? (split)

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

yes my husband and I need to know these answers too we just received our numbers so we need to do the DS 260 and 261 and the prices of these are not posted any where ... I did find one page and lost it ............. and were conserned of them not taking the money right on line ....correctly cause Ive seen many people post they had nothing to say it went thru and and then wait months to know if it was paid and ok.. Im working to have all in place papers and all... before I go on line to do this ... plus we will be married 2 years next year in Feb/ and I have gotten mixed missages on about the conditions of 2 years ( one site said if your married two years but another said it doesnt matter how long yourve been married) not sure on the amount and what other amounts and forms will be next............ and when do we get those and when to pay that next... and ect............... and I have had my work cut back and part time lately ... is there any amounts on married couples.............plus,,,,, we have a waiver for the crimal records (just to let people know .... we recieved one for year and they give you only 6 months of it.... then your to prove you have a new one paid and in process at the 6 month stage.... (and the people processing ...said the paper work will be faster , but, it turns out you have to have your records come in again. And it takes 3 or 4 months) and we are paying 585 and were told another 500 at the border (my my ....) any way,,,, Im told he has to still do his police records again ..even though we have them for the waiver just done............cant we use what was just had done.... (the fingerprint man said we need another done).... then we heard if there is a waiver going in to be pasted we have to wait to send in for visa DS 260 for that to be completed ........ and passed but yet we still really have another 6 months on that .....plus, for the gentleman above it seems we have a year to get the fees in.... also on medical some places say we should wait to have the appt.. a couple days before the consulate .......... I would perfer to have it done sooner...... the exact fees arent posted.... right now....... ... .

From what I can tell in your post, you're at the NCV stage, right? The upcoming fees are $120 for the AOS and $325 for the Immigration Visa (IV, the DS260). They went up as of Sept 12th. Info on the Immigration Fees can be found here: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/fees-visa-services.html#permanent

the DS261 is the Choice of Agent, the person all the letters etc will get sent to... and I don't think there is a fee for filing this form.

...and after NVC and before the interview, the cost of the medical and travel/hotel to & from Montreal. In Canada, they recommend you wait until you have your interview date and then book your medical at least a week before your interview so that you have time to get the results. From what I've looked into so far, the medical (in Toronto) is $300...

Later down the road there is the USCIS ELIS fee of $165...

From what I understand, we're issued a CR-1 if we're married less than 2 years, and then have to go through Removal of Conditions within 90 days of that expiring. If you're married more than 2 years, you would be issued am IR-1 which I believe is good for 10 years.

Met in the SCA - DRACO INVICTUS!  08-14-2014 Married in Ann Arbor, MI

Spoiler

USCIS.... DONE  in 150 day from NOA1 to NOA2 (TSC)

NVC... DONE  in 116 days from NOA2 to final CC

Final Steps... DONE in 350 days from NOA1 to POE
POE 08-11-2015 in Detroit, MI 

Removal of Conditions

07-11-2017 NOA1 date (rec'd on 14th)

08-03-2017 Daughter and I completed biometrics; May 2018 - I had to redo my biometrics (reason unknown)

WAC17283xxxxx....and we wait...400 days

07-13-2018 I-551 extension stamp (12 mths) obtained at USCIS office in Detroit

09-20-2018 Transferred to TSC

10-15-2018 Text notification "New Card Being Produced"   YAY!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

for your calendar math on IR-1 vs CR-1 - peg the dates, subtract:

1. date between marriage and interview date at the IV Unit or

2. date between marriage and Port of Entry event

you choose, whichever first occurs in your favour.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.