kion2412

E-Response: Security Check pending - how long to noa2?

70 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi, I am December filler with noa1 from 12/26. tomorrow is 7 month of waiting. :clock: I submitted e-request back in June and received the following response on July 3rd:

"We have placed your case on a processing hold because the required security checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these security checks, we cannot move forward on your case. We require the results of security checks before we make a decision on any pending case."

Did anyone have the same response and how long did it take you to receive noa2?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Azerbaijan
Timeline

I received the same response. Still waiting....

No official explanation what it means, speculations are that if your beneficiary lived in US before and already has SSN then additional checks are performed....

01/14/14 I -129F Petition sent
01/17/14 Petition received
01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
06/23/14 Service Request created after congressional inquiry
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/04/14 No update from USCIS. Filed a case with CIS Ombudsman
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/05/14 Another Service Request created by Tier 2 since no response from TSC.
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/21/14 NOA2 (finally after 7 months)

08/25/14 Email from USCIS - approved case shipped to NVC on 8/22/14

09/02/14 Case received by NVC

09/04/14 Case # assigned by NVC

09/05/14 In transit to the Embassy

09/09/14 Case received by Tbilisi Embassy - ready for interview

09/17/14 Interview!!! - APPROVED!!!!
09/24/14 POE :D

10/31/14 Married :devil:

11/05/14 Filed for Adjustment of Status

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

01/29/15 Combo card arrived in the mail

02/25/15 Notice of Potential Interview Waiver received in the mail

07/09/15 Green Card approved on USCIS site

07/13/15 Notice received in the mail

Timeline

Thanks! :-) He doesn't have SSN. However, he used to have tourist visa and visited me here for a few times... hate this waiting... ;-( and now with even more uncertainty...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks! :-) He doesn't have SSN. However, he used to have tourist visa and visited me here for a few times... hate this waiting... ;-( and now with even more uncertainty...

Did he visit you while I-129F was pending?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

Hi, March 3th was the day when we sent req now im waiting noa2 since then will be 5 months this coming August 1 I haven't any negative response I did call few days Ago they said case has not being processed yet they are processing December cases. ???? Any one knows if I can use my b1 visa to go and visit my fiancé and no problem while I wait case being processed ? Please let me know new in this forum

Timeline

Did he visit you while I-129F was pending?

Hey, No. His visa expired and we didn't re-apply. we thought the process would be faster.

Hi, March 3th was the day when we sent req now im waiting noa2 since then will be 5 months this coming August 1 I haven't any negative response I did call few days Ago they said case has not being processed yet they are processing December cases. ???? Any one knows if I can use my b1 visa to go and visit my fiancé and no problem while I wait case being processed ? Please let me know new in this forum

Unfortunately, I do not know. Earlier, I saw separate topics about this. Try to check history I am sure you can find something that could help to answer your questions.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hey, No. His visa expired and we didn't re-apply. we thought the process would be faster.

So then I don't understand why you are receiving security checks. Just because he had a tourist visa before and visited the country while having a tourist visa??? I don't see anything wrong with that...

So then I don't understand why you are receiving security checks. Just because he had a tourist visa before and visited the country while having a tourist visa??? I don't see anything wrong with that...

It probably has nothing to do with prior visas.

Every I-129F undergoes FBI background checks. This is done on both the petitioner and the beneficiary. From what I understand the checks are largely routine and automated and completed in no more than a few days after they are submitted to the FBI. However, if for any reason there is a hit on one of the names, the case involves further manual processing to clear. This can take weeks or months.

In our case, there is a felon with the same (not very common) first and last name as my partner, who was born in the same state and is a known drug trafficker. This, we suspect, is what held us up in background checks for about a month.

2013 7/15 I-129F sent, 7/18 received Dallas lockbox, 7/22 NOA1, 10/22 NOA2, 11/15 NVC Case Created, 11/20 NVC Shipped, 11/25 Consulate received, 11/28 Packet 3 received/returned, 11/29 Medical, 12/9 Packet 4 received

2014 1/9 Interview - Approved, 1/15 CEAC - Issued, 1/17 Visa in hand, 2/5 POE: LAX, 4/4 Married!, 4/8 AOS/EAD/AP filed, 4/14 NOA1, 5/7 Walk-in biometrics, 5/19 EAD/AP approved (expedited), 5/22 EAD/AP mailed, 5/23 EAD/AP received, 7/29 Interview waiver letter

2015 4/13 AOS approved (no interview), 4/22 Green card received

2017 1/17 I-751 ROC filed (VSC), 1/23 NOA, 2/28 Biometrics

2018 1/31 ROC approved

2020 1/14 N400 filed

Timeline

Every I-129F undergoes FBI background checks. This is done on both the petitioner and the beneficiary. From what I understand the checks are largely routine and automated and completed in no more than a few days after they are submitted to the FBI. However, if for any reason there is a hit on one of the names, the case involves further manual processing to clear. This can take weeks or months.

In our case, there is a felon with the same (not very common) first and last name as my partner, who was born in the same state and is a known drug trafficker. This, we suspect, is what held us up in background checks for about a month.

Thank you for your response. In our case there shouldn't be any issues related to the name but who knows...I just hope it won't take months for the security check to be completed.

01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC
07/03/14 Email from USCIS - our case is on processing hold due to pending security checks
08/05/14 Senators/Congresswoman cannot help with my case because security checks are pending
08/18/14 Email from USCIS in response to second service request - still on processing hold due to pending security checks

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

Timeline

Thanks! I would be surprised to have name concerns... However- who knows. Oh well... what can i do - will keep waiting... :clock:

Timeline

Thanks! I would be surprised to have name concerns... However- who knows. Oh well... what can i do - will keep waiting... :clock:

I just spoke to Tier 2 officer and was told that we should hear back by August 4th. I really don't want to get my hopes up high, but....

Have you tried to call customer service to inquire about the status of your case?

01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

Timeline

I just spoke to Tier 2 officer and was told that we should hear back by August 4th. I really don't want to get my hopes up high, but....

Have you tried to call customer service to inquire about the status of your case?

Hi, it is a good feedback! I will try to call and talk with Tier 2 officer. Thanks :-)

Timeline

Hi, it is a good feedback! I will try to call and talk with Tier 2 officer. Thanks :-)

I called today. Tier 2 was not helpful at all!!!! He told me to submit another service request as it is over a month from the last one... regarding security check it could take months or years to get a result! And that he could not see more than my status in the Web Site. What a BS!!!!!!!

Another request is submitted. Waiting for a miracle... incredibly sad.... ;-(

Timeline

I called today. Tier 2 was not helpful at all!!!! He told me to submit another service request as it is over a month from the last one... regarding security check it could take months or years to get a result! And that he could not see more than my status in the Web Site. What a BS!!!!!!!

Another request is submitted. Waiting for a miracle... incredibly sad.... ;-(

Same here. They did another service request for me today. I also heard back from my senator and congresswoman: they both got responses back from TSC that my case is still pending security checks and due to this status they cannot provide any date. I also filed a case with CIS Ombudsman.

01/22/14 NOA1 - TSC

11/13/14 NOA1

12/04/14 Biometrics

01/21/15 AP/EAD approved

01/26/15 Card mailed

My fiance works in law enforcement and said that there is no reason for them to take this long for security checks. The immigration officer gave him the same BS about having to check with my previous employers (I held multiple work visas in the US), However, I have contacted my previous employers and not one of them have been in contact with USCIS or anyone else.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.