3,016 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The CO did't ask me much. Jst the usual questions. Who petitioned for u, how many sibblings do u have, where did ur parents meet, how old is ur marriage, are these ur biological children, do u have other children, how old r ur children, wat does my brother do, where does he live, where did my parents meet, does my Mom live with ur brother.e.t.c the next thing he said was ok we have everything we need come back on thursday 4 collection.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline

okay great...

The CO did't ask me much. Jst the usual questions. Who petitioned for u, how many sibblings do u have, where did ur parents meet, how old is ur marriage, are these ur biological children, do u have other children, how old r ur children, wat does my brother do, where does he live, where did my parents meet, does my Mom live with ur brother.e.t.c the next thing he said was ok we have everything we need come back on thursday 4 collection.

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Bangladesh
Timeline

did u submitt DS 260 form? congratulations :)

Timeline

Thanx, i filled it online but it was the DS 230 that was used 4 my family nd I.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for responding late. My intereview was on 6 Jan. First we were called for documentation checking and the indian officer asked following questions :

Who is calling you ?

How long have you been in UAE ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

What are you working as ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

Whats your mothers maiden name ? (same question was asked to my husband also.)

She asked my son his age his birthdate and what is he doing in india.

She asked for medical and latest UAE and Indian Consulate PCCs.

She asked for latest tax papers.

She asked if i had latest pay slip of my brother (which my brother had sent that very morning)

She asked If we had joint sponsorship papers - which we said no, and they said its ok.

She asked if we will be flying back to UAE or will be staying in India. We said we have to join back work. She scribbled some note and asked us to wait.

She told us that our docs are in order and final interview will be conducted by US officer. If he feels ok, then he will grant you visa, in that case please travel to US before your son completes age of 16.

After some time we were called for interview by US consular officer and questions asked were :

Who is calling you ?

When did your brother go to to US ?

In which category did he go to US ?

When did you meet your brother and his family ?

When did he go to India ?

How many kids he has ?

Last question was :

By the way - How is Dubai ? To which we replied its good.

Then he confirmed our deliver address for passports.

He said your visa is approved and you would receive it in 5 workign days. (we got our passports within the time frame).

He said please pay USD 165/- per person for green card before travelling to USA.

Complete process took 3 hours for us.

We noticed few questions where people fumbled for answers are listed as below : These questions if answered wrong may put a person in AP (2 cases in front of us were asked to submit pcc and joint sponsorship forms)

Joint Sponsorship. (in my case they did ask, but when i said i dont have...they said its ok. I guess they check the financial stability of petitioner).

Address of person where they sepcifically asked for pin code. (if you dont know then say so, donot give wrong pincodes One lady gave wrong pincode and the officer was asking her in the application the pincode is different and what you are saying is different, dont know what happend to her later)

Police clearance certificate should be from passport office and not from local police station. (Another applicant submitted local PCC and she said its useless for us you need to give certificate from passport office)

Birth certificates should be translated and from proper issuing authorities.

Questions from D260 online form. In few cases, beneficiary was not aware of answers, as online forms were filled by petitioner. (They were general questions, yet people could not answer like their stay or study or residence or regarding the beneficiary. They would go in details only if they doubt that you are not the same person)

Who has filled the D260 form ? (if you have not filled then say so but donot bluff, as one of the officers was asking one beneficiary in front of us - if you have filled the forms then how come you dont know what you have written. Your answer is not matching to what you have written in the form)

Where do you want your green card to be delivered ( Answer has to be USA Address).

You dont have to mug up or by heart your answers, you need to be confident and honest. They have all the details so please please please donot bluff.

Trust it helps.

Timeline

Thanx, i filled it online but it was the DS 230 that was used 4 my family nd I.

What do u mean by this.you filled ds260 and it ds230 worked for.have u submitted & singned .the ds230 last. two pages in front of the CO.

I m really anxious to know the answer

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

is that F4 FB really needed when we have this?

Preference Category: F4
Priority Date: 05-JUN-01

06-18 2014 Paid AOS/IV Package

07-15 2014 Sent Documents AOS/IV Package

09-15 2014 NVC asked to fill again I864A AOS

10-04 2014 Re-sent Documents AOS

11-10 2014 Case Completed

01-03 2015 Interview Letter

01-30 2015 Medical Check

02-19 2015 Interview Appointment - APPROVED!

03-12 2015 POE

Timeline

Major Announcement: Last night, Congressman Chaffetz sponsored and introduced a bill in the House to eliminate per-country limits. The bill number is H.R. 213.

This means H.R.3012 is now H.R. 213

GOP is interested in the two administrative fixes rather than the "Think Big" initiatives.. :clock:

Good Luck

Timeline

Finally my fellow F4's d visa wait is over. My petition was approved.

Hello everyone,

Apologies for responding late. My intereview was on 6 Jan. First we were called for documentation checking and the indian officer asked following questions :

Who is calling you ?

She asked if i had latest pay slip of my brother (which my brother had sent that very morning)

She asked If we had joint sponsorship papers - which we said no, and they said its ok.

She asked if we will be flying back to UAE or will be staying in India. We said we have to join back work. She scribbled some note and asked us to wait.

She told us that our docs are in order and final interview will be conducted by US officer. If he feels ok, then he will grant you visa, in that case please travel to US before your son completes age of 16.

After some time we were called for interview by US consular officer and questions asked were :

Who is calling you ?

How many kids he has ?

Last question was :

By the way - How is Dubai ? To which we replied its good.

Then he confirmed our deliver address for passports.

He said your visa is approved and you would receive it in 5 workign days. (we got our passports within the time frame).

He said please pay USD 165/- per person for green card before travelling to USA.

We noticed few questions where people fumbled for answers are listed as below : These questions if answered wrong may put a person in AP (2 cases in front of us were asked to submit pcc and joint sponsorship forms)

Joint Sponsorship. (in my case they did ask, but when i said i dont have...they said its ok. I guess they check the financial stability of petitioner).

Address of person where they sepcifically asked for pin code. (if you dont know then say so, donot give wrong pincodes One lady gave wrong pincode and the officer was asking her in the application the pincode is different and what you are saying is different, dont know what happend to her later)

Police clearance certificate should be from passport office and not from local police station. (Another applicant submitted local PCC and she said its useless for us you need to give certificate from passport office)

Questions from D260 online form. In few cases, beneficiary was not aware of answers, as online forms were filled by petitioner. (They were general questions, yet people could not answer like their stay or study or residence or regarding the beneficiary. They would go in details only if they doubt that you are not the same person)

Who has filled the D260 form ? (if you have not filled then say so but donot bluff, as one of the officers was asking one beneficiary in front of us - if you have filled the forms then how come you dont know what you have written. Your answer is not matching to what you have written in the form)

Where do you want your green card to be delivered ( Answer has to be USA Address).

You dont have to mug up or by heart your answers, you need to be confident and honest. They have all the details so please please please donot bluff.

Trust it helps.

Good Luck for the approval & your Journey Forward... :thumbs:

Timeline

Who is calling you ?

Who is calling you ?

How many kids he has ?

Last question was :

Trust it helps.

Nice Review... Once Again.. :thumbs:

Good Luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.