No name 88

Ho Chi Minh City B2 Visa APROVED!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Went for the interview with the wife and as advised by VJ members the baby and myself had to wait outside. So we went to the coffee bean across the street and waited. One hour later the phone rings and the wife tells me the CO gave her a letter of invitation to come inside and that the CO wants to see me and the baby. After I get inside the CO asks for my passport and I see him look at my Vietnam visa exemption and then he asks about my employment contract in India. He sees my employment visa for India in my passport while I explain that I work in India and live in Vietnam one month on and one month off. He questions this and I say that I'm a Chief Engineer in the US Merchant Marine working on a Drillship. The CO says that explains a lot and approves the wife's B2 visa.

Apparently the CO didn't think it was unreasonable that you would want to show a new baby to the rest of your family.

Some VJ members told me that my intent doesn't matter but that's exactly what they approved the wife on was the intent of her family. What the wife and myself intend to do which was return to Vietnam as the wife's parents help care for the baby and I have to go to India for a work contract and being in Vietnam is just easier. On the flip side if the wife went alone I think she would have been denied. I also think we got lucky with the CO.

When we got outside I talked to the wife about what they asked and she said they only asked a dozen questions about why she wanted to go to the US and who she was traveling with and about my job. They asked about her I-130 on file which she told them it just got transferred and that she would be in Vietnam for the interview. The only paper they wanted to see was our son's US passport and my US passport. We didn't bring paperwork for the baby but the wife said we were both right outside hence the invite.

She did say a few of other applicant's would just ramble on and wined up hanging themselves in half truths or get asked the same question twice in which the answers changed. People are really unprepared for the double questions. My wife only answered the questions they asked. I'm convinced these CO's can smell out bullsh!t in a field full of cowsh!t. If part of your story doesn't add up or you don't interview well your boned.

At least this proves my point to the nay sayers that it is not worth trying. If you want to try for a B2 while your waiting go for it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Went for the interview with the wife and as advised by VJ members the baby and myself had to wait outside. So we went to the coffee bean across the street and waited. One hour later the phone rings and the wife tells me the CO gave her a letter of invitation to come inside and that the CO wants to see me and the baby. After I get inside the CO asks for my passport and I see him look at my Vietnam visa exemption and then he asks about my employment contract in India. He sees my employment visa for India in my passport while I explain that I work in India and live in Vietnam one month on and one month off. He questions this and I say that I'm a Chief Engineer in the US Merchant Marine working on a Drillship. The CO says that explains a lot and approves the wife's B2 visa.

Apparently the CO didn't think it was unreasonable that you would want to show a new baby to the rest of your family.

Some VJ members told me that my intent doesn't matter but that's exactly what they approved the wife on was the intent of her family. What the wife and myself intend to do which was return to Vietnam as the wife's parents help care for the baby and I have to go to India for a work contract and being in Vietnam is just easier. On the flip side if the wife went alone I think she would have been denied. I also think we got lucky with the CO.

When we got outside I talked to the wife about what they asked and she said they only asked a dozen questions about why she wanted to go to the US and who she was traveling with and about my job. They asked about her I-130 on file which she told them it just got transferred and that she would be in Vietnam for the interview. The only paper they wanted to see was our son's US passport and my US passport. We didn't bring paperwork for the baby but the wife said we were both right outside hence the invite.

She did say a few of other applicant's would just ramble on and wined up hanging themselves in half truths or get asked the same question twice in which the answers changed. People are really unprepared for the double questions. My wife only answered the questions they asked. I'm convinced these CO's can smell out bullsh!t in a field full of cowsh!t. If part of your story doesn't add up or you don't interview well your boned.

At least this proves my point to the nay sayers that it is not worth trying. If you want to try for a B2 while your waiting go for it.

Congrats on the approval!!! Amazing here in Vietnam. I'll be the first to admit that I'm eating crow!

11-28-2010 - Married

USCIS:
03/14/2013 - I-130 Sent
03/18/2013 - NOA1

06/05/2013 RFE issued

06/25/2013 RFE recieved in mail

06/28/2013 RFE requested docs. sent to USCIS from abroad

07/08/2013 RFE entered into USCIS system as received and "RFE Review" status online

07/16/2013 NOA2 received by email

07/19/2013 Email from USCIS stating case file has been sent to NVC

07/27/2013 Hard copy of NOA2 recieved abroad (Vietnam) by mail

NVC:
08/02/2013 Received NVC case number via email

08/02/2013 Sent DS-3032 via emial

08/05/2013 Paid AOS ($88) fee

08/19/2013 DS-3032 accepted by NVC

08/26/2013 Paid IV ($230) fee

09/04/2013 Completed new DS-260 Online in place of the old (DS-230 paper form)

09/10/2013 I-864 Sent

10/04/2013 Check list

11/02/2013 Check list

12/14/2013 Case Complete

12/30/2013 Interview Scheduled for Feb 25 2014

US Consulate HCMC, Vietnam

02/25/2014 I-R1 Immigrant Visa interview (APPROVED!!)

03/06/2014 Visa delivered

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.