kitthekat

Singapore K1s

516 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Just got packet 3 this week! Here's what it contained:

1. Cover note from Immigrant Visa Branch

2. Visa instructions post-163508-0-57263200-1383489413_thumb.jpgpost-163508-0-91918600-1383489442_thumb.jpg

3. Form I have to sign saying I have all the documents on the checklist post-163508-0-01331900-1383489475_thumb.jpg

4. Instructions for I-134

5. I-134

6. Letter for medical

7. Letter for Certificate of Clearance

We spent an hour completing DS-160 today and printed the confirmation page with the barcode. I'll be paying the S$312 fee at Standard Chartered Upper Thomson tomorrow over lunch and sending off the forms and receipt at the end of the day. I'm hoping for an interview date in mid-December. Fingers crossed!

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Thank you for sharing

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

K1 (I-129F) petition filed in August 2013 (Approved Feb 20th 2014)
13th May 2014: AOS (I-485) & EAD/AP combo card
21st May 2014: NOA 1 and biometric letter
11th June 2014: biometric appointment
13th June 2014: RFE received via mail
16th June 2014: replied to RFE
6th August 2014: EAD Approved, AP still in initial review
12th August 2014: got tracking number for EAD
( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
10th September 2014: Interview Waiver received (I wished I was interviewed)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

You're welcome! Sharing is caring. ;)

I went to Standard Chartered today with the printout from US travel docs and made the $312 payment. I had to write down my passport number for the bank teller, which I of course didn't have on hand, so I had to make a quick call to my mom for it, heh. So if anyone else is going down to StanChart to pay the fee, remember to bring along your passport # with you. :)

Do you guys have any idea if I could apply for Singapore Police Certificate with my NOA 2?

I am afraid that I could not make it in time if I request for my police certificate when I receive my packet 3

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

( ) August 2014: Received EAD (I forgot what date I got them but I did receive them less than 5 days from the 12th)
April 23, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice

Timeline

Are you a Singaporean citizen? I believe there are some difficulties in obtaining COC for foreigners unless you come armed with the letter from the embassy stating that you require it. It only takes 10 days so I wouldn't worry about not having enough time between P3 and your interview. :)

Are you a Singaporean citizen? I believe there are some difficulties in obtaining COC for foreigners unless you come armed with the letter from the embassy stating that you require it. It only takes 10 days so I wouldn't worry about not having enough time between P3 and your interview. smile.png

Sadly saying, I am not Singaporean. Used to be on student pass and then EP.

Guess I will have to wait for my checklist, I remembered seeing that I need a checklist before I can request for Police certificate as a foreigner.

Edit :

They stopped issuing COC to foreigners but there's appeal letter to be filled up. Not sure if I should submit the appeal letter first before doing the COC form or can I just skipped the Singapore COC and state that they don't issue COC to foreigners anymore during the interview?

Edited by Janice&Micah
-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

Timeline

Sadly saying, I am not Singaporean. Used to be on student pass and then EP.

Guess I will have to wait for my checklist, I remembered seeing that I need a checklist before I can request for Police certificate as a foreigner.

Edit :

They stopped issuing COC to foreigners but there's appeal letter to be filled up. Not sure if I should submit the appeal letter first before doing the COC form or can I just skipped the Singapore COC and state that they don't issue COC to foreigners anymore during the interview?

You can actually fill out the appeal on the spot when applying. It is just a single page that is added to your application and does not have to be done separately. According to this, I don't think the requirement for COC can be waived for non-citizens. :( There are just some additional documents needed for it.

Timeline

Embassy must have received my packet 3 today (7 Nov) cos my CEAC status update date changed. Hopefully not too much longer till I have an interview date fixed! This is giving me heartburn lol.

Embassy must have received my packet 3 today (7 Nov) cos my CEAC status update date changed. Hopefully not too much longer till I have an interview date fixed! This is giving me heartburn lol.

Good luck on your interview good.gif

Waiting for my Case number yet

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

Timeline

Just heard from the Embassy that there are no interview dates for the rest of November. Looks like it might be December or even January (sigh).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Just heard from the Embassy that there are no interview dates for the rest of November. Looks like it might be December or even January (sigh).

Keep your chin up! You're almost at the end! Good luck!! :D

Our Story

April 2012 - Met in my hometown

Sept 6, 2012 - Trip to the Philippines

Sept 7, 2012 - Officially a couple

Dec 3-7, 2012 - Trip to Hong Kong!

April 20, 2013 - I went to Guam biggrin.png

May 2013 - Came back and he proposed!

Jan 3, 2014 - Official engagement according to my custom

K1 Visa Journey

August 28, 2013 - Mailed I-129F

Sept 10, 2013 - NOA1 (hardcopy)

Oct 2, 2013 - NOA2

Nov 6, 2013 - NVC received (Case creation date)

Nov 8, 2013 - NVC left

Nov 12, 2013 - Embassy received

Nov 22, 2013 - CEAC status updated (p3 sent to me)

Nov 29, 2013 - Received P3

Dec 2, 2013 - Replied P3

Dec 4, 2013 - CEAC status updated (Embassy received P3)

Dec 13, 2013 - CEAC status updated (interview date assigned - Called DoS to get it)

Dec 16, 2013 - Medical in Kuching - Passed

Dec 20, 2013 - Received P4 hardcopy

Jan 9, 2013 - RESULT: APPROVED!!!!!

heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif heart.gif

Any updates lately? Packet 4/ interview date?

-I am the Beneficiary-
event.png

Timeline

No packet 4 yet unfortunately. :(

I got my police clearance done today though, which I can pick up from 4 Dec onwards (exactly 10 business days). Remember to bring another form of valid ID apart from your passport (NRIC, driver's license, etc) because you'll have to exchange it for a visitor's pass at the front desk. Later on you'll have to present your passport to the COC officer so keep that with you. If you're a foreigner working in Singapore, don't exchange your EP/DP because you'll need that at the COC office as well.

I didn't print the form beforehand so I filled it out when I got there. You have to get a queue number by keying in your NRIC/FIN and selecting COC for Singaporean or foreigner on the computer. If the computer screen goes black, just give the mouse a wiggle and it'll come back on.

Waiting time was about 15 minutes (there were ~10 other people there). Payment is either by cash (but has to be exact change) or card (NETS, visa, mastercard, etc). You can either prepare a photocopy of your passport and have the officer verify the copy against the original, or have him make a copy of it. Once you hand in the form and the 2 passport sized photos, there's about another 5 minutes wait for fingerprinting, which was done digitally so no inky fingers. I have weird fingers and the machine kept throwing out my scans as "non-readable" so it took a few tries before my prints would be accepted, haha.

Just a note for foreigners who are applying, the appeal is just an additional 1-page form stapled to your stack of papers, and can be completed on the spot.

They asked whether I wanted to pick up the COC or have it delivered and I said delivered to the embassy, but then the COC officer backtracked and said that wasn't the recommended choice because there could be a "significant delay". Ha, not really much of a choice, then, is it? :P

Just the medical and interview left now!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.