joedarcy

China - police certificate

29 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

How long were you in China? If less than 1 year then I believe you do not need to get on from there.

Here is what the state department FAM states:

9 FAM 42.65 N4.1 From Country of Current

Residence or Country of Nationality (Canada)

(TL:VISA-185; 02-26-1999)

An applicant must present a police certificate, if obtainable, from his or her

country of current residence or nationality, if residence in such country

exceeds six months

9 FAM 42.65 N4.2 From Country of Previous

Residence (China)

(TL:VISA-185; 02-26-1999)

Police certificates are required from countries of previous residence, if

residence there was for more than one year

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942065N.PDF

http://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/C...der/C/China.htm

Edited by YuAndDan

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Is it necessary to get a police report from when you are 16 yr old until now for the P3 packet? This would mean you need one from where you attended college. Is it difficult to get one from cities different from your hukow? (sp?)

Jim

Good Luck!

Jim

K-3 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Guangzhou, China

Event : Date

Marriage : 2007-03-26

I-130 Sent : 2007-05-18

I-130 NOA1 : 2007-06-05

I-129F Sent : 2007-07-12

I-129F NOA1 : 2007-07-17

I-129F RFE(s) :

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2008-03-17

NVC Received : 2008-03-31

NVC Left : 2008-04-02

Consulate Received :

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date :

Visa Received :

US Entry :

I-130 Approval : 2008-03-17

Comments :

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 249 days from your filing date.

Your I-130 was approved in 304 days from your filing date.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Is it necessary to get a police report from when you are 16 yr old until now for the P3 packet? This would mean you need one from where you attended college. Is it difficult to get one from cities different from your hukow? (sp?)

Jim

The one police report will cover all of China.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 1 year later...

Hi!

I just want to inquire regarding a police clearance/police certificate that I got from Shanghai Public Notary Office dated April 11,2008. How long does it expire? I will be having an interview on September 9, 2009 in the US Embassy Manila, Philippines, I’m just wondering, does the embassy consider my police clearance valid until my interview date? If not, what will be the steps how to obtain it ? Pls do reply. Your help will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Do we need to notarize our police certificate?

My wife will be getting a police certificate from Japan and China, and we will have a CR1 interview in Guangzhou, China.

NVC Journey (Concise Version; See Timeline for Full)
2009-08-10 : Filed I-130 for CR1

2010-05-28 : Flight & POE; 1st Day as LPR
2012-04-04 : Filed to Remove Conditions

2012-10-15 : Received 10-Year Green Card
2013-06-05 : Filed N-400 for Naturalization

2014-01-14 : Oath Ceremony

Timeline
Do we need to notarize our police certificate?

My wife will be getting a police certificate from Japan and China, and we will have a CR1 interview in Guangzhou, China.

The Chinese police certificate will need to be translated into English - this is usually done by a Notarial Office in China.

I have no concept of the Japanese Certificate.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

But I thought I could do the translation myself and include a statement saying that I'm fluent in two languages.

Also, I still don't have an answer to my question. Regardless of who translates the police certificate, does it have to be notarized by the Public Notary?

NVC Journey (Concise Version; See Timeline for Full)
2009-08-10 : Filed I-130 for CR1

2010-05-28 : Flight & POE; 1st Day as LPR
2012-04-04 : Filed to Remove Conditions

2012-10-15 : Received 10-Year Green Card
2013-06-05 : Filed N-400 for Naturalization

2014-01-14 : Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Are you saying the POlice Certificate doesn't have a RED STAMP / CHOP on it ? That's a bit strange. I guess you have some variance, then.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
But I thought I could do the translation myself and include a statement saying that I'm fluent in two languages.

Also, I still don't have an answer to my question. Regardless of who translates the police certificate, does it have to be notarized by the Public Notary?

Doing the translation yourself works for USCIS but not for the Consulate in Guangzhou. For them, you'll need a Notarial Translation, so yes, it will be notarized. Take it to the Gong Zheng Chu. (Notarial Office)

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi there,

I know this is a old thread and hopefully someone still sees this.

This is probably a fairly common question but I couldn't find an answer after some searching.

My fiancee currently lives in Beijing and she worked for a little more than a year in Hongkong . Would she need to get a police certificate from both cities ? Or would one from Beijing be sufficient for both ? I'm not sure if Guangzhou embassy would still consider Hongkong a different country ?

Thanks!

The one police report will cover all of China.

---------------------------------------------------------------

10-19-09 i-129F sent to CSC

10-22-09 check cashed

11-10-09 NOA1 hard copy, priority date 10-21

1-7-10 NOA2 email

1-21-10 NVC notice - case received from USCIS

1-27-10 Fiance received P3 ! That was fast!

3-15-10 P3 mailed back to embassy

4-10-10 Received P4 , interview on 5/6!

5-6-10 Pink Slip! Interview passed.

Timeline
Hi there,

I know this is a old thread and hopefully someone still sees this.

This is probably a fairly common question but I couldn't find an answer after some searching.

My fiancee currently lives in Beijing and she worked for a little more than a year in Hongkong . Would she need to get a police certificate from both cities ? Or would one from Beijing be sufficient for both ? I'm not sure if Guangzhou embassy would still consider Hongkong a different country ?

Thanks!

Hong Kong has been a part of China again for about 11 years. Once police certificate covers all of China.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline

I understand. Just want to make sure. Thanks for your reply.

Hong Kong has been a part of China again for about 11 years. Once police certificate covers all of China.

10-22-09 check cashed

1-7-10 NOA2 email

Timeline

BTW, I contacted GuangZhou embassy and they told me my fiance would need police certificates from both Beijing and Hongkong. I guess they still consider them two different systems.

I understand. Just want to make sure. Thanks for your reply.

10-22-09 check cashed

1-7-10 NOA2 email

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.