Bugs

Ready for CFO

62 posts in this topic

My fiance and I are ready for the first major step in the K-1 process on her end in Philly - the dreaded CFO seminar. She will be going the last week of this month, as she will be doing this before our NOA2 to get it out of the way.

She will return there after the embassy interview with her passport, visa, copies of this form, payment receipt, and seminar completion certificate to get a sticker affixed to her passport.

Here is the single sheet guide that I made for her to bring and will go over with her in preparation for the seminar. Let me know if it looks good. :)

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEES (CFO)

1345 Ctitigold Center, President Quirino Avenue, corner South Superhighway, Manila

(632) 552-4700 local 713 to 714 and 742 to 745 Email: info@ cfo.gov.ph; mieo@cfo.gov.ph

Guidance and Counseling Session

Space is highly limited (15 per session for those immigrating to the USA), so you will need to arrive at 4:00 AM and line up at the railing to the entrance! The sessions are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM.

What to bring:

1. 2 valid forms of ID containing photograph (passport, NBI, etc) - originals AND copy

2. Passport - original AND copy of bio page

2. Birth Certificate (NSO) - original AND copy

3. CENOMAR - original AND copy

4. NBI Clearance - original AND copy

5. Copy of fiance's birth certificate and passport bio page

6. Copy of fiance's proof of singleness (tax transcript and paystubs)

7. Photographs of you with fiance

8. 400 php

- Do not let them keep any of the originals. Have them see it and then keep the copy.

- It may be a good idea to bring your copy of i-129F packet as well (if you have one) in case they want anything else.

Info You Will Need To Know About Fiance

Full name and date of birth

Full MAIDEN name of mother & father

LANDLINE contact number

Address

Cell and email

Occupation & Employer

Education

- You also need to know all of the above information about yourself including zipcode.

Among the Important Info You May Learn About K-1 Immigration Process

Laws regarding visa expiration: valid for 6 months, good for 1 entry, have 90 days after arrival to marry

Travel tax/exit fee and terminal fee: 1620 php and 550 php (if not included with airline ticket payment)

Baggage allowance: check in 2 pieces of luggage weighing less than 50 lbs each, ship rest after arrival

Travel documents: passport, visa , embassy's sealed envelope, baggage declarations (filled on plane)

Customs: arrival at airport immigration, sealed envelope taken, opened, & kept, passport stamped, I-94

Get Social Security #: passport, birth certificate, visa, I-94, filled SS-5 (repeat after name change & EAD)

Register marriage: State County Recorder/Clerk and Philippine Consulate General

Philippine Consulate General contact information and other organizations that assist emigrated Filipinos

Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization (EAD), Advanced Parole (travel): after married

Green Card: AOS application, fingerprinting, interview, 2 year conditional card, then ROC, 10 year card

United States Citizenship requirements: 3 years and after Removal of Conditions (ROC)

Dual Citizenship: apply for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship in person at Philippine Consulate

Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My Fiancee will be going to CFO the 1st week of next month, so this comes at a perfect time. Thanks for sharing..it looks great!

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Everything looks good and well accounted for... Good luck good.gif

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

My Fiancee will be going to CFO the 1st week of next month, so this comes at a perfect time. Thanks for sharing..it looks great!

Thanks and good luck!

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I are ready for the first major step in the K-1 process on her end in Philly - the dreaded CFO seminar. She will be going the last week of this month, as she will be doing this before our NOA2 to get it out of the way.

She will return there after the embassy interview with her passport, visa, copies of this form, payment receipt, and seminar completion certificate to get a sticker affixed to her passport.

Here is the single sheet guide that I made for her to bring and will go over with her in preparation for the seminar. Let me know if it looks good. smile.png

COMMISSION ON FILIPINOS OVERSEES (CFO)

1345 Ctitigold Center, President Quirino Avenue, corner South Superhighway, Manila

(632) 552-4700 local 713 to 714 and 742 to 745 Email: info@ cfo.gov.ph; mieo@cfo.gov.ph

Guidance and Counseling Session

Space is highly limited (15 per session for those immigrating to the USA), so you will need to arrive at 4:00 AM and line up at the railing to the entrance! The sessions are Monday to Friday 9:00 AM-12:00 PM and 2:00-5:00 PM.

What to bring:

1. 2 valid forms of ID containing photograph (passport, NBI, etc) - originals AND copy

2. Passport - original AND copy of bio page

2. Birth Certificate (NSO) - original AND copy

3. CENOMAR - original AND copy

4. NBI Clearance - original AND copy

5. Copy of fiance's birth certificate and passport bio page

6. Copy of fiance's proof of singleness (tax transcript and paystubs)

7. Photographs of you with fiance

8. 400 php

- Do not let them keep any of the originals. Have them see it and then keep the copy.

- It may be a good idea to bring your copy of i-129F packet as well (if you have one) in case they want anything else.

Info You Will Need To Know About Fiance

Full name and date of birth

Full MAIDEN name of mother & father

LANDLINE contact number

Address

Cell and email

Occupation & Employer

Education

- You also need to know all of the above information about yourself including zipcode.

Among the Important Info You May Learn About K-1 Immigration Process

Laws regarding visa expiration: valid for 6 months, good for 1 entry, have 90 days after arrival to marry

Travel tax/exit fee and terminal fee: 1620 php and 550 php (if not included with airline ticket payment)

Baggage allowance: check in 2 pieces of luggage weighing less than 50 lbs each, ship rest after arrival

Travel documents: passport, visa , embassy's sealed envelope, baggage declarations (filled on plane)

Customs: arrival at airport immigration, sealed envelope taken, opened, & kept, passport stamped, I-94

Get Social Security #: passport, birth certificate, visa, I-94, filled SS-5 (repeat after name change & EAD)

Register marriage: State County Recorder/Clerk and Philippine Consulate General

Philippine Consulate General contact information and other organizations that assist emigrated Filipinos

Adjustment of Status (AOS), Employment Authorization (EAD), Advanced Parole (travel): after married

Green Card: AOS application, fingerprinting, interview, 2 year conditional card, then ROC, 10 year card

United States Citizenship requirements: 3 years and after Removal of Conditions (ROC)

Dual Citizenship: apply for reacquisition of Philippine citizenship in person at Philippine Consulate

The I-94 is not handed out on the aircraft anymore, the passport will get stamped and dated, then later you will go online to print the I-94.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The I-94 is not handed out on the aircraft anymore, the passport will get stamped and dated, then later you will go online to print the I-94.

Yeah, they just do the declarations form on the plane now right?

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

CFO is not yet updated when it comes to I-94.. that's what I noticed.. they still say that it is given while on board.. so if one does not know that it is no longer given while on board, they would be confused..

Timeline

@ Leon, I think Mylen has more than enough already.lol.

But aside from those docs, Mylen might be asked about your height,weight,shoe size, if you have a garden, and other stuffs...i know it may sound, what??? but those are also good to know..

@ Leon, I think Mylen has more than enough already.lol.

But aside from those docs, Mylen might be asked about your height,weight,shoe size, if you have a garden, and other stuffs...i know it may sound, what??? but those are also good to know..

Lol, thanks. I'll make sure she knows my vitals then. :D

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Lol, thanks. I'll make sure she knows my vitals then. biggrin.png

haha. better to be ready... include ur blood type,hobbies,etc.. just like filling out a slumbook.. i know it may sound ridiculous but other questions that has been asked was the height.. last night i read about a fiancee asked if her fiance has a garden.. so some questions are also unexpected..

haha. better to be ready... include ur blood type,hobbies,etc.. just like filling out a slumbook.. i know it may sound ridiculous but other questions that has been asked was the height.. last night i read about a fiancee asked if her fiance has a garden.. so some questions are also unexpected..

Lol, well not even I know my blood type so she'll have to remain in the dark about that one lol. :D

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

I'm O+ Haha.

K1 VisaService Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent: 2013-03-02

I-129F NOA1: 2013-03-08

I-129F NOA2: 2013-06-19

NOA2 Hardcopy Received: 2013-06-22

Embassy Received our Package: 07-02-2013

CFO Completed 07-04-2013

NVC Letter Received: 07-06-2013

Medical Completed 08-06-2013

Interview USEM 09-03-2013

event.png <p>event.png

hahaha I hope not...but atleast u have an idea now if that would be ask.. how will she answer..haha

Makes me wonder if they just keep asking questions to see if one is making up answers. :D

I mean blood type? That's the last thing my fiance or I would have ever thought about discussing. Not that we would hide it, but just that it isn't something we all think about.

barata-gif-3.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.