2,994 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Restarted thread due to size. Link to previous thread http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/398760-vawa-part3/page-203

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: Other Country: Romania
Timeline

Anajnic, the only reason I tried to rush the review of my I-360 is because I am not eligible to apply for employment authorization until my vawa gets approved (my husband is LPR). Otherwise, I would not bother doing what I did. I do not have any money to pay for rent, no money for food, I have college debt to pay back - that is why I tried to expedite. If you were in my situation you would definitely understand why I was doing that. It is so easy to judge when you don't know what the other person was going through and why he/she did what they did.

Filed: Timeline

maybe Sandra could repeat her EXTREMELY important pointer: she at least once mentioned that some got EAD quickly (what are the recent examples, and how quick?), despite the spouse being just LPR. One other distinction: have they applied for EAD right from the start (concurrently with I-360) and without I-485? If not done in the initial submission, is it ADVISABLE to try this midway in your (seemingly 12 months right now) waiting period - like concurrently with request of PF extension?

Again, the gist of the question is applying for EAD without I-485 pending! Which shouldn't be accepted in theory, but may work(?) Sandra did caution that there can be no guarantee - but is there any risk at all? How to get fee waiver?

So in summary: what are the precise sequential steps in this stealth process? Is it fair to be asking a pro-bono lawyer to submit for EAD and fee waiver, without I-485? Or is this something a lawyer just can't do...

Anajnic, the only reason I tried to rush the review of my I-360 is because I am not eligible to apply for employment authorization until my vawa gets approved (my husband is LPR). Otherwise, I would not bother doing what I did. I do not have any money to pay for rent, no money for food, I have college debt to pay back - that is why I tried to expedite. If you were in my situation you would definitely understand why I was doing that. It is so easy to judge when you don't know what the other person was going through and why he/she did what they did.

I Have no idea what you talking about judge. You have no idea as well for my situation, however ,my comment was definitely taken out of context .nevertheless, despite expediting or not, it does not mean an approval. With the sensitivity of Vawa I dont believe its wise to call these people all the time. if that is judging well the word Judge has definitely taken new terminology.. I wont respond further to this. Be well

" You never can win, when you play dirty"

Good morning to all congrats to Raga Shanti on your approval one step closer to your permanent residency! Lets all look forward with positive hearts and minds I pray for all those still waiting for their approvals....this has been a good week so far lets all continue to be there for each other giving words of encouragement an support......

Howtosurvive an lank any news???? Panamaguy you've been quiet on us......

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

hi guys, l need your help, l just looked at my case on line and they are asking for rfe, this are my original documents l sent before: marriage certificate, police report, hospital report, letters from friends and family, bank statement, bill statement, his copy of his birth certificate, copy of our sons birth certificates, photos, my drivers license, letter explaining the abuse and how it happened, did l miss anything. will they be clear in what they are asking for, and how long will it take for my lawyer to receive the letter.

Edited by Godhelpusall

hi guys, l need your help, l just looked at my case on line and they are asking for rfe, this are my original documents l sent before: marriage certificate, police report, hospital report, letters from friends and family, bank statement, bill statement, his copy of his birth certificate, copy of our sons birth certificates, photos, my drivers license, letter explaining the abuse and how it happened, did l miss anything.

Good Moral character... thats the only thing missing to me, You will be fine..

" You never can win, when you play dirty"

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Godhelppusal when did you file vawa? if you filed less than 3 months ago probably they are asking police clearance, but if you filed over 1 year ago then the RFE should be regarding bonafide married or to prove domestic violence or mental abuse.

Timeline

A few days ago some members were discussing if having kids prove a bonafide marriage.The answer is NO. What prove bonafide marriage is commingling finances and commune residence, of course having a child increase the chance for approval, but it does not matter if you have 1,2 ,3 kids with your ex spouse and not commingling finances proof because they will deny your case. Since Monday 3 people from VJ- thread 3 contacted me, all of them have children with the abusers and all of them got RFE asking to submit more evidences of bonafide marriage,then as you can see having kids is not enough.

Edited by sandranj

Timeline

singledad uscis will not accept form I-485 filed by an LPR spouse if If an immigrant visa number is not available, but we have in the VJ thread 3 at least four LPR spouses that filed I-485 along with form I-765and they got their EAD even not having an immigrant visa number available.

To file for fee waiver you have to submit form I-912 along with form I-485 and I-765 and mention you do not have any savings and assets and you need to pay rent,buy food,medications, basic needs etc.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Senegal
Timeline

hi guys,

l filed for vawa in July '12, l had a police clearance letter. so what is the difference between a good moral character and a clearance police letter. l can't wait to her what the lawyer has to say now. please pray for me. l have given all to the LORD MY GOD. my ex wouldn't file taxes adding my name but he put the children and our home add.

Timeline

singledad2usa 2 of the girls received the EAD after 25 days of submitting form I-765, and one of them got the USCIS email stating about the approval, but she is just waiting to get in the mail, I think her EAD took around15/20 days.

Timeline

Godhelpusall I don't believe your RFE is regarding good moral character at all, because you submitted already the police clearance. Usually proof of moral good character they ask before issuing the first prima facie, probably they are asking for you to submit evidences of bonafide marriage or to submit more evidences of the abuse suffered. Try to relax you will find out soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.