Jenny411

Rumors True? Don't Let It Be!

29 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You can take a Pinoy out of 'pinas, but you can't take 'pinas out of a Pinoy.

They are superstitious about everything!

wink.png

I hear it everyday, or I should say it goes in one ear and out the other.

But I had to listen to this one, still smiling. At tve cabin this weekend my wife asked if I have ever had a party for my dog, a black lab. Said we feed her good and give her a bone on her birthday. She said that wasn't good enough. If you go six years without having a party for the animal thrn something is going to go wrong. Then she had this example of a cow in the province that wSn't doing good, so had a party and you know the story. I asked if other animals come to these partys and the answer - it is a party where the people get together and have drinks and food. Sounds like there is a smart Lasingero in that village, lol.....

27 January 2012: Mailed I-129F

03 February 2012: NOA1( e-mail & Text)

03 February 2012: Check Cashed

NO RFE'S

22 June 2012 : NOA2 (e-mail & Text)

16 July 2012: Manila Case Number(by phone)

17 July 2012: Interview paid at BPI

19 July 2012: Set interview for Mid-Aug

23-24 July 2012: Medical St. Lukes(passed)

24 July 2012: CFO Seminar(had to go next morning for landline #)- PASSED

02 Aug 2012: Received e-mail from USEM our case is there.

15 Aug 2012: Interview at USEM - APPROVED

13 SEP 2012: POE Minneapolis, MN

27 OCT 2012: Married

19 NOV 2012: AOS package sent

05 DEC 2012: NOA's I-765, I-131, I-485

14 DEC 2012: Biometrics appointment finished(Walk-in..Was scheduled Jan 04 2013)

02 FEB 2013: I-131 and I-765 Approved

07 FEB 2013: USPS Picked up the combo-card

11 FEB 2013: Received Combo-card

21 FEB 2013: Transit Visa picked up in Chicago for Japan

Timeline

There is absolutely no reason the particular date should have any effect at all on your chance of success. The embassy looks at each case individually, and that's all. Nothing about 'when' your interview is should affect the outcome at all.

Good luck!

hello guys? just want to ask. my interview is on July 11. I kinda need help on when I should do my medical exam? my husband want me to do it on July 4 coz he's thinking it will save us money if i'll stay manila from my medical exam till the interview day (coz im from tacloban, far from manila). But i am thinking do you think that is so close? the medical results, can i get it in one day or st lukes has to send it to my home address? help please.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Each case needs to stand on its own merits, do the best you can with what your have, if you can't get professional help.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

hello guys? just want to ask. my interview is on July 11. I kinda need help on when I should do my medical exam? my husband want me to do it on July 4 coz he's thinking it will save us money if i'll stay manila from my medical exam till the interview day (coz im from tacloban, far from manila). But i am thinking do you think that is so close? the medical results, can i get it in one day or st lukes has to send it to my home address? help please.

You might want to check with St. Lukes to see if they will be open on July 4th. July 4th is independence day in the U.S. and it's a holiday. The Embassy will be closed July 4th.

You could complete your medical exam on July 8th and July 9th. Your medical results should reach the Embassy in time for your interview. Also, St. Lukes has allowed people to carry their medical results to the Embassy in cases where the Embassy interview was very close to the medical.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You might want to check with St. Lukes to see if they will be open on July 4th. July 4th is independence day in the U.S. and it's a holiday. The Embassy will be closed July 4th.

You could complete your medical exam on July 8th and July 9th. Your medical results should reach the Embassy in time for your interview. Also, St. Lukes has allowed people to carry their medical results to the Embassy in cases where the Embassy interview was very close to the medical.

SLEC is not a U.S. hospital .... Its a Philippine clinic. :lol:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

SLEC is not a U.S. hospital .... Its a Philippine clinic. laughing.gif

...and the U.S. Embassy Manila is not a Philippines Embassy...yet it observes Filipino holidays. And SLEC is under contract to the U.S. Embassy.

I can't find any info on SLEC's website about whether or not they observe any U.S. holidays. The only reference I found is the one on the U.S. Embassy Manila "eligibility" letter which says SLEC is closed on Filipino holidays. So, I thought it would be a good idea to check into it directly with SLEC because, as you know, chance favors the prepared mind!

Timeline

...and the U.S. Embassy Manila is not a Philippines Embassy...yet it observes Filipino holidays. And SLEC is under contract to the U.S. Embassy.

I can't find any info on SLEC's website about whether or not they observe any U.S. holidays. The only reference I found is the one on the U.S. Embassy Manila "eligibility" letter which says SLEC is closed on Filipino holidays. So, I thought it would be a good idea to check into it directly with SLEC because, as you know, chance favors the prepared mind!

The embassy observes Philippine holidays because it has Philippine employees.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

The embassy observes Philippine holidays because it has Philippine employees.

...and those Filipinos are working on U.S. soil and getting U.S. paychecks.

Timeline

...and you know that means absolutely nothing.

But as to the topic- getting the medical done on the 4th of July at SLEC is not an issue.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

...and you know that means absolutely nothing.

But as to the topic- getting the medical done on the 4th of July at SLEC is not an issue.

...and it means nothing only because you say it means nothing.

As to the topic, I don't understand why you would advocate against something so simple as checking St. Lukes website.

Timeline

I never said don't check the SLEC website. To the OP I said the embassy states 7-10 days before the interview is good.

As for my comments to you... you automatically associated SLEC to USEM and being closed on a U.S. holiday ... and you not bothering to check the SLEC website. (you will find it under the ".ph" domain, not ".gov" as in the Philippines doesn't celebrate U.S. holidays.

http://www.slec.ph/#

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

as you know, chance favors the prepared mind!

...and it means nothing only because you say it means nothing.

As to the topic, I don't understand why you would advocate against something so simple as checking St. Lukes website.

I certainly agree with you Tahoma...good.gif it just don't seems to connect.. btw, I've always look forward to your post. it's been awhile since I last saw you posted..

-Robb&Ann

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.