rawlsca

Certified Police Report(s) required by Guangzhou US Consulate

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My fiancee (beneficiary) is currently living in Shenyang and has for several years. Her hometown is Hulan near Harbin. This is where she will obtain her certified police report of "no criminal record". Even though she will present her certified police report she obtained from Harbin, will the interviewer ask her for her Shenyang police report too? She believes and has been told that she only needs one police report, the one nearest her home town, because all the police centers in China are linked to the same criminal record computer system. Is this true? If not, will they require a separate police report for every China city she has lived in?

Thanks for your help!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

1 police clearance certificate covers all of china, but must be obtained in the city/district/county where her hukuo is current.

That's it, that's all, there's nothing more.

well, of course, must to get white book, notarial translation of the pcc, but hei !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hi Darnell!

Thanks for the post! You're the second knowledgeable person to tell me that only one police report is needed. I think I can finally rest assured that everything should be smooth from here on out. At the rate things are going, we're expecting her K1 visa to be issued in July!

Questions: What is a "white book" and "pcc"? Thanks again!

Clint

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi Darnell!

Thanks for the post! You're the second knowledgeable person to tell me that only one police report is needed. I think I can finally rest assured that everything should be smooth from here on out. At the rate things are going, we're expecting her K1 visa to be issued in July!

Questions: What is a "white book" and "pcc"? Thanks again!

Clint

White book = Notarial Certificate

Check here for more info: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/393969-chinese-marriage-visa-terms-and-definitions/

PCC = Police Clearance Certificate

Good luck. :thumbs:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, with her hukuo book in hand, she can get stuff in her hukuo city/district/county,

specifically:

1. birth certificate

2. certificate of single status

3. police clearance certificate

then, these things (plus any divorce documents if she is divorced already) must be made into a 'white book', a notarial translation document, translated from chinese into English. it's rather involved, each document, but Guangzhou IV expects to see white books..

That's 1 white book per thing.

I highly recommend you tell her to get 4 or 5 birth certificates, as she'll need them in the USA for other stuff, later on, even years later.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 5 years later...

*** Zombie thread from 2013 locked.

VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.