28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I have read many threads regarding the K1 visa process for Mumbai counslate , first of all they are very old and secondly they have contradicitng information. So trying to create a new thread with recnt and updated information.

After NOA2 the application will go to NVC, from NVC it will be sent to Mumbai embassy.

What's the process of receiving/sending Packet 3 and Packet 4 from Mumbai ?

- Do we need to register online, download form for packet 3 and submit back online to get packet 4 ?

- should we get packet 3 from Embassy ?

- can we submit the packet 3 directly at Embassy ?

any feedback will be much appreciated and helpful.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Embassy/Consulate forum -- topic involves consular procedures. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi,

I will hopefully clear all your doubts. Mumbai no longer sends out Packet 3 and 4 anymore. You and your fiancee will receive an email from Mumbai IV with your appointment letter once they get your case file from NVC normally a week after NVC sends it out.

If you look at my timeline, I update it frequently, so you can keep abreast.

Anyways not to get distracted, once you get the interview letter, just make sure you have all your documents i.e., DS156, DS156K, DS230 part 1 and 2, passport, PCC, etc, etc. If you need help visit Mumbai Consulate site and under Visas and Immigrant Visa you can download all the packet 4 information it will come in handy for collecting all documents.

Your fiancee will need to sign up for www.ustraveldocs.com/in for passport delivery and stuff. The site is confusing I am still trying to navigate and get the desired result, but its a little problem.

Hope all this helps.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi Puneet, I hope your fiancee's interview went well. My fiancee has also received email from Mumbai counslate with her interview date. But we are having problem in getting PCC clearance, the PCC office wants it in written letter from US counslate that PCC is required for this applicant for interview. I am not sure hot to get that letter.

We showed them the letter from the counslate with interview date but they are saying on this letter it doesn't mention you need PCC. showed them the screenshot from Mumbai counslate website where it states all K1 visa applicants need PCC, but they are saying they need letter with name mentioned on it.

Have you come across this situation ? Please share your experience as it will be very helpful.

Thanks much !!

Edited by ggdd

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Well this is good news knowing that we will receive the packet 3 and 4 through email. Both fiance and I been fretting over this since I found out that our petition left NVC on the 19, of July.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi, I just found out the interview date for my fiance is in September 2013. First and foremost, I am not too happy with the K1 fiance visa information available on the consulate website. It is soo confusing and had to call so many times. When you talk to the VFS agents, the process gets further complicated. My attorney told me to mail the documents without appointment letter.

I wished the Consulate Office could update it with correct step by step process and keep the information relevant. I was told that you need to wait for the appointment letter, and that you don't need to mail any documents. Just come for the interview, ofcourse with all the documentation and the medical done 1 week before the interview.

Is this information correct?

Thanks!!!!

Edited by immiforus

Timeline

Hello,

I have read many threads regarding the K1 visa process for Mumbai counslate , first of all they are very old and secondly they have contradicitng information. So trying to create a new thread with recnt and updated information.

After NOA2 the application will go to NVC, from NVC it will be sent to Mumbai embassy.

What's the process of receiving/sending Packet 3 and Packet 4 from Mumbai ?

- Do we need to register online, download form for packet 3 and submit back online to get packet 4 ?

- should we get packet 3 from Embassy ?

- can we submit the packet 3 directly at Embassy ?

any feedback will be much appreciated and helpful.

Thanks

Hey ggdd... I was just thinking few minutes back that we need to start "Mumbai Consulate" thread freshly & here you are with the same subject. We will try to contribute as much as possible from our side. We need to share our experiences in every step after NOA2. Common guys...here we go...

Timeline

Hi Puneet, I hope your fiancee's interview went well. My fiancee has also received email from Mumbai counslate with her interview date. But we are having problem in getting PCC clearance, the PCC office wants it in written letter from US counslate that PCC is required for this applicant for interview. I am not sure hot to get that letter.

We showed them the letter from the counslate with interview date but they are saying on this letter it doesn't mention you need PCC. showed them the screenshot from Mumbai counslate website where it states all K1 visa applicants need PCC, but they are saying they need letter with name mentioned on it.

Have you come across this situation ? Please share your experience as it will be very helpful.

Thanks much !!

Again a coincidence... Just now I am coming from Passport office in my area along with the Police Clearance Certificate. It just took 1 hour for me to get it without a single complication. I will give the detail process for getting Police Clearance Certificate from the passport office. Shall I add it here or we will make a fresh thread??

And as per my knowledge, the process for these things in any passport office will be the same all over India. May I know which is the PP office nearby your place?

Edited by HunnyBunny

Timeline

Procedure for applying PCC - (My personal experience)

• Register through the Passport Seva Portal. (Click on "Register" link under the Online Application Filling section on the Home Page).
  • Login to the Passport Seva Portal with the User ID created as above
  • Click "Apply for Police Clearance Certificate" link.
  • Fill in the required details in the form and submit.
  • Choose Alternative 1
  • After filling in all the details, VALIDATE & SAVE it on your DESKTOP (its easier to upload later on)
  • Go to Alternative 1 again & select "Click here to upload the form" & upload the file you have saved on your desktop
  • Then go to Applicant Home page. Select "View Saved/Submitted Applications"
  • Select the saved application & take a printout of Application Receipt

Now with this printout you just have to go to your nearest Passport office or Passport Seva Kendra during 9am to 11am ONLY. Just walk in, take the token number & just follow the instructions. I was amazed to see the smooth process without any confusion at the Passport Seva Kendra. My nearest point was Hubli, Karnataka.

Documents you need to carry is just a photocopy of your passport with your signature & your original Passport. The fee is Rs. 500 & has to be paid at the passport office only. Just walk in with this preparation, rest they will take care of. I had taken a copy of my NOA2 letter, but they didn't even bother to see that. I hope it helps.

Edited by HunnyBunny

Timeline

thank you for the site... just reading all the mails now.

i was in india and just came back.

i called 202-663-1225 and they told me interview date is 09/26/13..... she will not get package-3 or 4...

they will just tell her in the notice what to bring in for interview.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hi,

This is a really nice thread for Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) related queries. We have been reading a lot and have so many questions about this whole thing. We are so very confused and we're sorry that if you guys have already answered these questions in some other topic

1. How many PCC we need? I have read somewhere that you need 2 type of PCC where one gets issued from Passport office and another one gets issues from your nearest police station. Can you guys please throw some light at it?

2. My fiance has lived his whole life in India. His passport was issued more than 6 years ago. After the age of 16, he has lived in 5 different states where he stayed for more than 6 months. Now, we again read somewhere that you have to get PCC from all the places where you have lived for more than 6 months. What we wanted to understand is that is this really true or just an misleading information from different sources?

3. We are also not aware that do we need to go to different states and get the PCC from each location where my fiance has stayed for more than 6 months. Is anyone was in the similar situation like my fiance then please do share your experience and let us know that how you managed to do that.

Thanks a lot for reading this long post and replying with your valuable suggestions/answers.

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Timeline

Hi,

This is a really nice thread for Police Clearance Certificate(PCC) related queries. We have been reading a lot and have so many questions about this whole thing. We are so very confused and we're sorry that if you guys have already answered these questions in some other topic

1. How many PCC we need? I have read somewhere that you need 2 type of PCC where one gets issued from Passport office and another one gets issues from your nearest police station. Can you guys please throw some light at it?

2. My fiance has lived his whole life in India. His passport was issued more than 6 years ago. After the age of 16, he has lived in 5 different states where he stayed for more than 6 months. Now, we again read somewhere that you have to get PCC from all the places where you have lived for more than 6 months. What we wanted to understand is that is this really true or just an misleading information from different sources?

3. We are also not aware that do we need to go to different states and get the PCC from each location where my fiance has stayed for more than 6 months. Is anyone was in the similar situation like my fiance then please do share your experience and let us know that how you managed to do that.

Thanks a lot for reading this long post and replying with your valuable suggestions/answers.

1. You need only one PCC that is issued from Passport office. They normally give you two copies. I got them without asking.

2. The PCC is required if you have stayed more than 6 months in any of the COUNTRY & not in different PARTS of the country. That means if you have stayed in any one country but in more than one places, only one PCC is required from that particular country. You need not get separate PCC for each STATE.

3. If your present address & address on the passport do not match, there is a possibility of some delay. And I am not aware of the procedure if the current address & address on the passport do not match. I hope this helps.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hunny: Thank you very much! It's a very big help goofy.gif

K1 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center (transferred to Texas Service Center)

Consulate : Mumbai, India

I-129F Sent : 2013-01-24

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-01-29

I-129F RFE(s) : none

RFE Reply(s) : na

I-129F transferred to TSC: 2013-06-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-09

NVC Received : 2013-07-24

NVC Left : 2013-08-05

Consulate Received : 2013-08-19

Packet 3 Received : none

Packet 3 Sent : none

Packet 4 Received : none

Interview Date : 2013-09-23 APPROVED!!! dancin5hr.gif

Visa Received: 2013-10-01

AOS

Filed - 03/08/2014
NOA1 Email -
03/10/2014

Biometrics Appointment - 04/04/2014

Potential Interview Waiver Letter - 06/27/2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.