mercurial

k1 visa denied under section 221g

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

when a consulat officer denied a k1 visa under section 221g they write in the same page that we have 1 year to tike action but somepeople write that the i129f gona expire befor be reviewed by uscis.

whats the options plz help

post-156059-0-00724900-1364147548_thumb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

That paragraph about responding within a year, pertains to if you were given a 221g and asked for additional documents, missing papers etc...

Hate to tell you this but its a done deal, from personal experience it is closed. Refile, there is no review.

It really boggles my mind whyUSCIS can't just tell people that instead of letting them sit around and wait for a review that's 99.9% isn't going to take place. They are way to busy to deal with returned k-1 visa's, they just let them sit ...if your lucky you might even get a letter saying it expired but don't count on it.

Best of luck, it really stinks to be in that situation...a lot of us have been there and done that.

Edited by destiny64

Timeline

That paragraph about responding within a year, pertains to if you were given a 221g and asked for additional documents, missing papers etc...

Hate to tell you this but its a done deal, from personal experience it is closed. Refile, there is no review.

It really boggles my mind whyUSCIS can't just tell people that instead of letting them sit around and wait for a review that's 99.9% isn't going to take place. They are way to busy to deal with returned k-1 visa's, they just let them sit ...if your lucky you might even get a letter saying it expired but don't count on it.

Best of luck, it really stinks to be in that situation...a lot of us have been there and done that.

ok thank yous destiny so what you suggest ??

Timeline

I suggest you decide with your fiance if you want to refile for a k-1, you need to find the reason you think they denied you and address that. Or you can get married and refile I130. Did you notice if the consular focused on any one thing during your interview? What were the questions she/he asked that you feel were a problem. Short engagement, one visit , age difference.....there are many things that are troublesome for the Moroccan embassy.

One other thing , you are stating you are emailing and asking, where is your fiance in all of this? Your fiance needs to be the one to do all the asking , not you.

I see this more and more on this site where the beneficiary is here asking all the questions and doing all the work , where the heck are your spouses and fiances???!!! My husband has no idea about what to do , and really it should be me who deals with all of this because I understand it , and I'm the one who has the ability to contact people here in states to get the answers I need. Its great that you are being proactive to learn what to do , but your fiance really needs to do this for you.

ok thank you destiny for your time your the best :D

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

I suggest you decide with your fiance if you want to refile for a k-1, you need to find the reason you think they denied you and address that. Or you can get married and refile I130. Did you notice if the consular focused on any one thing during your interview? What were the questions she/he asked that you feel were a problem. Short engagement, one visit , age difference.....there are many things that are troublesome for the Moroccan embassy.

One other thing , you are stating you are emailing and asking, where is your fiance in all of this? Your fiance needs to be the one to do all the asking , not you.

I see this more and more on this site where the beneficiary is here asking all the questions and doing all the work , where the heck are your spouses and fiances???!!! My husband has no idea about what to do , and really it should be me who deals with all of this because I understand it , and I'm the one who has the ability to contact people here in states to get the answers I need. Its great that you are being proactive to learn what to do , but your fiance really needs to do this for you.

I agree with Destiny you will only waste more time more money more stress it will end up by letter saying Its expired you are able refile another K1 like Destiny said talk with your fiancee do next step to marry in Morocc .Good Luck

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

It is usually when the USC has less of an interest in the visa than the beneficiary...

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Have your fiancée join this site, she is the one who needs to be proactive.

01/2006 - Filed k1(1st time)

04/2006 - Interview (1st time) denied

Waited, waited...... no review

06/2009 - Filed k1 (2nd time)

09/2009 - NOA 2 approved

12/2009 - Interview (2nd time) APPROVED! VISA ISSUED

02/2010 - Arrived USA

04/2010 - Married

AOS Timeline

4/19/2010-Sent to Chicago Lockbox

4/26/2010-Received texts and emails 7th day

4/30/2010-Received NOA's(Hardcopies) 11th day

5/3/2010-Received ASC appointment notice(mailed 4/29/2010)14th day

5/7/2010-Walk-in Biometrics done(2 weeks earlier)18th day

5/13/2010-Case transferred to CSC

6/2/2010- Case received/resumed at CSC

6/18,6/22,6/23 AOS touches

6/28/2010- EAD production and touch on AP

6/29/2010-AOS APPROVED

7/2/2010- 2nd update on EAD production and touched on AP....

7/6/2010- Received "Welcome Letter" and AP document

7/12/2010-Received GREEN CARD and EAD

greencard.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

It is usually when the USC has less of an interest in the visa than the beneficiary...

Yeeaaah.... in many cases I'd say you're right.

As you are not an Usc .So Tell us your interst is in what ?!!!!!!

She is a USC. I am also. My fiance won't bother with this site or doing much of any immigration research and thinks I spend way too much time on here :bonk: . It's not that he doesn't care, he just thinks I'm the better person to research and advocate for us because it is my country's system.

Mercurial - According to your profile you are 22. That's pretty young. How old is your fiancee? With the Embassy in Morocco this could be very relevant.

Edited by Sarah and Adnan

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.