25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Another question is vjers :)

do i have to see a civil surgeon because my form from st. lukes was marked incomplete. I underwent sputum exam in st. lukes. Do i need to see a civil surgeon before AOS?

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

Although I did my medical in Dubai and also marked as incomplete, I DID NOT go to a Civil Surgeon and just submitted a copy of the form. I advised also the same for some people here and we didn't have any problem.No RFE at all. This is only a suggestion but whatever makes you feel comfy just do it.

do i have to see a civil surgeon because my form from st. lukes was marked incomplete. I underwent sputum exam in st. lukes. Do i need to see a civil surgeon before AOS?

Immigration Guide Based on my Personal Experience: https://www.facebook.com/ahappyeverafterjourney

Technically, you don't have to see a civil surgeon because you got the shots you need at St. Lukes. In theory, you simply need to send in a copy of your DS-3025 with your AOS packet. However, some people here on VJ reported having received an RFE when they did that. The USCIS required them to have their DS-3025 transcribed onto an I-693.

Chinook played it safe and had a civil surgeon transcribe her DS-3025 onto an I-693. It cost about $35-40 and it took the civil surgeon about 15 minutes. It was difficult to find a civil surgeon who knew the process. Chinook had to call around and find a civil surgeon who was familiar with the process. Some civil surgeons wanted to give her more vaccinations and other civil surgeons required another physical exam.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Why go through the hassle of finding a civil surgeon that will not insist another unnecessary medical and/or overcharge you if you do not have to? I would not bother doing all that just 'in case' and to avoid an RFE. I would wait to deal with it IF an RFE was given. If all the vaccinations were complete at the time of the medical and the DS-3025 is filled out properly, then just send a copy of the DS-3025 with your AOS paperwork. Many people do so without getting an RFE, and if you are unlucky enough to get one, then just take care of it then, when and if it even ever happens.

Nich-Nick lays it all out and explains the facts of the DS-3025/I-693/required vaccinations better than anyone. Have a read through this and decide for yourself which way to go: http://www.visajourn...ost__p__6001707

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

^^^ Chinook did not want to risk delaying her green card, even by a few weeks.

The phone calls involved in trying to find a civil surgeon who understood the process and the actual trip there and back to the civil surgeon's office took all of two or three hours. We considered the civil surgeon's charge of $35-40 as cheap insurance against an RFE. It really wasn't much of a hassle.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I find civil surgeon to transcribed my DS 3025 to I-693 to make safe better safe that regret later, it's only cost $ 32 for me for flu shot and the we didn't pay the civil surgeon it's was free. Find the civil surgeon that accredited to USCIS in your place. Good Luck and God Bless

Timeline

Technically, you don't have to see a civil surgeon because you got the shots you need at St. Lukes. In theory, you simply need to send in a copy of your DS-3025 with your AOS packet. However, some people here on VJ reported having received an RFE when they did that. The USCIS required them to have their DS-3025 transcribed onto an I-693.

Chinook played it safe and had a civil surgeon transcribe her DS-3025 onto an I-693. It cost about $35-40 and it took the civil surgeon about 15 minutes. It was difficult to find a civil surgeon who knew the process. Chinook had to call around and find a civil surgeon who was familiar with the process. Some civil surgeons wanted to give her more vaccinations and other civil surgeons required another physical exam.

hi Tahoma :)

Did chinook underwent sputum exam in the philippines? If so, did she undergo another ff-up medical exam when she arrived in USA? Did you had the ff-up exam before you file the AOS? Or does the ff-up exam matters in filing the AOS?

Thanks...

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

hi Tahoma :)

Did chinook underwent sputum exam in the philippines? If so, did she undergo another ff-up medical exam when she arrived in USA? Did you had the ff-up exam before you file the AOS? Or does the ff-up exam matters in filing the AOS?

Thanks...

Fortunately, Chinook did not have to undergo the sputum collection, smear tests, and the eight-week TB culture. Also, she did not have to undergo another medical exam here in the U.S.

However, you raise a good question: for those people who underwent the sputum collection, smear tests, and TB culture at St. Lukes, do they have to undergo any type of follow-up in the U.S. before they file for AOS? I don't know the answer to that question, but it's possible that some type of followup is required. However, if the St. Lukes culture was negative, I doubt that any follow-up would be required here in the U.S.

After calling about 10 civil surgeons, I found one that just wanted to transcribe my DS 3025 to I-693 instead of trying to do another physical and bunch of other bull. I think I paid 26 dollars per applicant. Best of luck

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Timeline

Fortunately, Chinook did not have to undergo the sputum collection, smear tests, and the eight-week TB culture. Also, she did not have to undergo another medical exam here in the U.S.

However, you raise a good question: for those people who underwent the sputum collection, smear tests, and TB culture at St. Lukes, do they have to undergo any type of follow-up in the U.S. before they file for AOS? I don't know the answer to that question, but it's possible that some type of followup is required. However, if the St. Lukes culture was negative, I doubt that any follow-up would be required here in the U.S.

That's a very good question because we are in that situation now. We had negative culture and sputum tests at St Lukes but were still required by POE to get her rechecked for all that it was noted on her medical file because of her x-ray they gave me a copy of the whole file. The CDC was notified and they had to get all my information to make sure they could get a hold of me. Lady at POE approval recommended i get her on my Medical Insurance

I went to our local Heath Department they turned us down because they just do skin tests and it would be positive no matter what. So we moved wedding forward and everything I had to find a doctor and that was hard to find around here also but finally found one. Then about a week before we got married the nurse from the Heath Department called and said we need to get your Fiancee in for a TB test I said I was turned down she said it was different for immigrants and the ladies at desk should of asked her. Basically CDC called State of Kansas Kansas called my local Heath Department. They also required it within 1 week of entry i told lady at Heath Department that it was very hard to do with within one week I asked her if we were in trouble she said no.

She got tested the skin test was surprisingly Negative (her doctor was surprised she was exposed in 2010 but got treated) and her sputum was negative also the lady at Heath Department gave me a copy of her report saying the TB skin test was negative this was before sputum results. I was still required to go to her new Doctor and get a chest x-ray so they could compare it to the old chest x-ray and then I guess someone will make decision weather she needs treated or not I haven't gotten anything back from this yet as it was Friday when x-ray was done.

I am also wondering if this is good enough for AOS or even effect AOS as they POE lady never told me it had to be a CS and the state notified my local Heath Department they nearest CS are about 1 hr away.

Timeline

That's a very good question because we are in that situation now. We had negative culture and sputum tests at St Lukes but were still required by POE to get her rechecked for all that it was noted on her medical file because of her x-ray they gave me a copy of the whole file. The CDC was notified and they had to get all my information to make sure they could get a hold of me. Lady at POE approval recommended i get her on my Medical Insurance

I went to our local Heath Department they turned us down because they just do skin tests and it would be positive no matter what. So we moved wedding forward and everything I had to find a doctor and that was hard to find around here also but finally found one. Then about a week before we got married the nurse from the Heath Department called and said we need to get your Fiancee in for a TB test I said I was turned down she said it was different for immigrants and the ladies at desk should of asked her. Basically CDC called State of Kansas Kansas called my local Heath Department. They also required it within 1 week of entry i told lady at Heath Department that it was very hard to do with within one week I asked her if we were in trouble she said no.

She got tested the skin test was surprisingly Negative (her doctor was surprised she was exposed in 2010 but got treated) and her sputum was negative also the lady at Heath Department gave me a copy of her report saying the TB skin test was negative this was before sputum results. I was still required to go to her new Doctor and get a chest x-ray so they could compare it to the old chest x-ray and then I guess someone will make decision weather she needs treated or not I haven't gotten anything back from this yet as it was Friday when x-ray was done.

I am also wondering if this is good enough for AOS or even effect AOS as they POE lady never told me it had to be a CS and the state notified my local Heath Department they nearest CS are about 1 hr away.

hi, i just got an info from a friend here that the ff-up check up will not affect AOS. We can file AOS whether we had the ff-up check up or not. Although, the ff-up check up is a must.

Timeline

That's good to know I was worried about that but I kind of thought it would not effect AOS it might if you didn't get it checked or in the process of being checked as they have to notify CDC what exactly do you mean by ff-up are you just talking about the TB recheck?

We played it safe and saw a Civil Surgeon but charged us $50 for transcription and got flu shot as it's in season for $30 at Vons (could have been only $10 if we went and got it at the community clinic). So far so good, no RFE and got an interview for March 12

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Thanks for your reply, Thermite. It sounds like you having to jump through quite a few hoops.

I have a few questions:

1. Was the immigration officer (IO) at your fiancée's POE the person who contacted the CDC? Did the IO contact the CDC while your fiancée was still at the POE?

2. Did your fiancée have to go in to the Health Department three days in a row to give sputum samples? Did she find out the results of the sputum smear tests shortly (within a few days) after she gave the third sputum sample?

3. Did your fiancée get her chest x-ray from a private doctor instead of the health clinic? Or, did she get a chest x-ray from a civil surgeon's office? If so, did you have to take the x-ray results over to the health clinic?

4. Is the health clinic going to report the results of everything to the State of Kansas, or are they going to report it directly to the CDC?

5. I'm wondering if you will have to take the test results and x-ray results to a civil surgeon.

Timeline

Thanks for your reply, Thermite. It sounds like you having to jump through quite a few hoops.

I have a few questions:

1. Was the immigration officer (IO) at your fiancée's POE the person who contacted the CDC? Did the IO contact the CDC while your fiancée was still at the POE?

2. Did your fiancée have to go in to the Health Department three days in a row to give sputum samples? Did she find out the results of the sputum smear tests shortly (within a few days) after she gave the third sputum sample?

3. Did your fiancée get her chest x-ray from a private doctor instead of the health clinic? Or, did she get a chest x-ray from a civil surgeon's office? If so, did you have to take the x-ray results over to the health clinic?

4. Is the health clinic going to report the results of everything to the State of Kansas, or are they going to report it directly to the CDC?

5. I'm wondering if you will have to take the test results and x-ray results to a civil surgeon.

Yeah its been a mess lets see if i can answer your questions:

1. Yes the lady told me she needed to contact the CDC she wrote down my cell # and address she said the CDC will contact me to make sure its done or needs to be done. Yes she was on the phone with CDC i remember her telling me she just got off phone with them and said this is very serious needs taken care of. This is way we were delayed at POE so long.

2.We went to Heath Department we did first one there then she got two boxes with cylinders addressed to the state and was told to take the next one and put it in refrigerator (THU) and we did the last one on Friday and went to the Heath Department the lady I guess sent them to state lab and she called me 2 to 3 days later and told me now we need to do chest xrays They also did skin test results on Friday when giving last sputum test was a Wed when we went to Heath Department to start skin test and sputum collection

3.Yes she told me I would need a doctor and we had it done at a private doctor. The doctor said she would send the results of both St Lukes the CD and the new chest xray to heath department I have yet to hear on those results

4. I was going to ask her this when we found out about chest xray but I be leave the Heath Department will tell the State the Heath Department was assigned the case we had to pay nothing at the HD so I guess the state paid for it she said for immigrants its different I will have to pay for Doctor visit and the Hospital visit for xray

5. I am wondering this too but I am thinking not since the CDC handles these cases it seems but I have no way of finding out Wish I could get a solid answer I doubt calling the CIS would give me one. I guess I can ask lady at Heath Department that too

The good news is i know her medical file is in the system and not lost because I offered her the print out the IO gave me and she said no need I already have it in my computer. Still doesn't mean it will get lost thought lol

Edited by Thermite

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.