caradavie

USEM Manila Visa Interview

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want to share my experience regarding my visa Interview. And i hope this will benefit those who will be having their interview in the future.

I had my Visa Interview today, August 23, and i was approved!

I woke up at 1 AM and prepared the things I'll be needing for the interview. After that I Skyped with my fiance and reviewed some of the possible questions for the last time before i go to my interview.

I left the house at 5:20 and arrived at the Embassy a little after 6AM. When I arrived there, a vendor approached me and asking if i already have pictures and ball pen or if i have something that's on her list that are not allowed inside the Embassy. I go through the list and good thing i don't have anything on that list. The things that are not allowed inside are the following.

1. Cellphones, Ipods or any electronic gadgets

2. Battery

3. USB

4. Cologne

5. Food and drinks

6. Deadly weapons

7. Cigarettes

8. Lighters

9. Sharp Objects such as nail cutters or Swiss knives

So I was lining up along with the K1/K3 applicants. Some brought their USC Fiance and Spouse with them. MY appointment is 7:30 AM. So called the applicants for 7:30 AM. I was just following the applicant in front of me but somehow the line was broken. The guard don't really give us instructions as to where we should form our lines. We found out soon enough that all K1/K3 applicants don't need to undergo the 1st checking with the guards outside and that we can proceed right away to xray scan security check area. Thanks to Gem as she was attentive enough to have heard the lady after her that was on the same schedule as us and was directed right away to the door. Oh by the way, I met 2 new nice girlfriends at the Embassy. First I met is She, and she's a nurse from Naga then later on we were joined by Gem from Cebu who's on the line next to She. So Gem told us to go inside right away since we're standing in front of her.

STEP 1: Security Check

So next to the very heavy door is the Xray Machine. These are the same we see at the airport. As i have mentioned a while ago, you should not have any thing that are in my list above. If you happen to have at least one, you will have to go outside and find ways how you will get rid of it. I mentioned about the vendors outside, you can leave your things to them. I heard if you're going to leave cellphone to them you have to pay 150. I am not sure if it's safe to leave your things to them, but they will give you a # similar to what we get at the grocery store when leave our baggage at the counter. With that laminated # written is the name of the vendor. I saw one applicant that had her chest xray CD with and shoot, i brought mine too and i was so worried that they will ask me to leave it outside. I told She behind me that i have my chest xray CD with and she said she has hers too. lol. Since it's not written on the list we just took the risk. Thankfully, we were not questioned about it. The lady in front of me was asked to take the keys out of her bag. Upon hearing that i put my keys on top of my things so they wont ask me anymore and to stop more delays. I was cleared at the xray machines.

STEP 2: DS FORMS SUBMISSION

Next to the xray machine is another door. There are 3 booths there wherein you will be asked to provide your Appointment letter, passport, 2 copies of DS156, DS157 and 1 DS156K. I saw some who took time to attach their pictures on their forms but i didn't bother to do that because mine were stapled on my set of documents that i will give to the Interviewers and is sealed on a on a small zip lock plastic. All K1/K3 applicants were asked to line up to booth #3 and the rest of applicants such such tourists, other immigrants, seafarers were designated at booth 1 and 2. The lady at booth 3 announced that if there's no one lined up at booth 1 & 2 anymore, k1/k3 applicants can go there too. So i went to Booth 2 and give her what we were asked to provide her. She stapled all the forms i have provided her along with the appointment letter and provided me a #. The lucky number is 6121!!! She also gave me a zip lock bag and instructed me to put my passport inside showing the bio page. She gave me back my forms and told me to drop it at Window #39.

STEP3: FINGER PRINT SCAN

So i passed thru the area where there's Kodak booth, hotdog sandwich stand and another that sells, sandwiches, burgers, rice, drinks and candies. I lost She after i left the booth and I found out late on that she got stucked there because one of her forms are missing and she had to fill out another one. And proceeded to the next door. Behind that door is another xray machine and bag inspections. So I got through it without any hassle. Went to Window #39 to drop my forms and was asked to take a seat and wait for my # to be flashed at the screen. There are not many seats available inside anymore so i went to the far right side of the building where i spotted an available seat. Soon enough, my # was called at Window #43. There sit a beautiful Chinese American woman who is nice and i kinda like her accent. She asked me to state my name and date of birth. Then goes the fingerprinting. There's a Filipina outside the booth who assisted the applicants on the fingerprinting. She's wearing a hand gloves. First the the left hand and you need to put all of your 4 fingers together at the scanner, thumb excluded.Then the right hand, same thing. And lastly, your 2 thumbs (left and right) joined together. Then asked again to take a seat and wait for my # to be flashed at the screen.

STEP 4: INTERVIEW WITH FILIPINO CONSUL

Next is the interview with the Filipina Consul (I am not sure if they are Consuls as well) and here comes the bad part of my interview experience. I was called at booth 50. I greeted the Filipina lady and she didn't even smiled or responded to my greeting. But that's OK. She started to tell me the things i needed to give her and because of nervousness, of course i was not able to pick up everything right away. I was not sure if it should be all original so i asked her and she said yes. I gave her the I134, my Birth Certificate, NBI, Cenomar, W2 and ITR of my fiance. What i have given is only the 2010 ITR and she asked for 2011. I was trying to find it to my fold and I can't find it. And then i remember my other folder which is inside my bag. I went through it and find the 2011 ITR there. The 2011 ITR was just sent to me by my fiance along with the I134 last week. Good thing he thought of sending that just to be ready if ever they asked for it.

So she asked me the following questions.

1. Who is my petitioner?

2. What is my relationship with the petitioner?

3. How did we meet?

4. When did we meet in Person?

5. When was the last time we got together?

6. Have i ever traveled to a foreign country?

7. Have i ever applied for a US visa before?

8. Does he have kids?

9. Do we have kids?

10. Has he ever married before?

11. Was i ever married before?

I mentioned earlier that this is the bad experience on my Embassy Interview process. The reason why i said so, is because there's this form (and i can't remember what form is it. i think it's one of the DS forms) that in Item #29 it says "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" and we answered there 90 days." The form was prepared by our agency so we thought everything is OK with the form. And when i checked it prior to going to the Embassy i didn't realize it's wrong. Since the agency put there 90 days, my understanding is how long i was given to marry my fiance. So a lesson learned for me.

So the conversation goes.

Interviewer: I circled an item there and please review your answer.

Me: (Looked to her in the eye and answered with confidence lol) 90 days

Interviewer: (Repeated the question) How long do you intend to stay in the US?

Me: (Repeated my answer) 90 days.

Interviewer: So after 90 days you will leave US?

Me: Uhm... No no no. I will marry him within the 90 days duration that was given to me and then stay in the US forever after we married.

Interviewer: So what is your answer?

Me: Forever.

Interviewer: Then that's what you should answer on that question. Do you have pictures of you together?

Me: Handed her the pictures

Sigh.. I felt ashamed of not understanding a simple question. So for people who have not been interviewed yet. Better check item #29 on one of your DS forms. I realized instead of putting there FOREVER, the better term that i could have used is PERMANENTLY. Lol! Too bad i didn't catch that nor read it in VJ. But She (my new friend) told me that she have read it somewhere in VJ so she was able to answer her form correctly. So i was hoping that it will put a negative effect on my application. And that brought more pressure to me and nervousness. :(

OK so the 1st interview was done and i was asked to take a seat again and wait..

Here comes the long wait! Most of the applicants we're already called and Me, Gem and She were not interviewed yet. My # is 6121, Gem's is 1626 and She's is 1624. So while waiting I was able to hear some of the interviews of the applicant because She and I are seated near booth 66. There seated is a Chinese American Consul who's probably on his late 20s to early 30s. At first he was nice and cool. But later on he have raised his voice several times. And his interviews takes a looooong time. So i prayed again not to be assigned to him. Because he grills interviewees. And I have heard applicants that he denied and did not approved at this time. He greet interviewees with "Welcome to the US Embassy". And i was amazed that when the applicants cant understand or speak English that well he spoke Tagalog and it was cute. People who have heard him was amazed. :) The Tagalog part is the the part that he will ask the interviewee to say only the truth and after that, there will be a translator to until the end of the interview.

Lunchtime is near approaching and we still haven't called. And we're worried that we might be asked to take our lunch first and comeback at 1AM. Soon enough, the lady at booth 72 made an announcement that applicants who were not interviewed yet may take their lunch and come back at 1 AM. I and She decided to just stayed at the Embassy premise and buy food there. Rather than go outside and go through security process all over again. Boy, the food inside is soooooo expensive! I was so hungry so i have no choice. I bought a fried rice with pork and water. And i paid 130! She bought a sandwich. I don't know how much it is and then came back inside to wait for the queuing to start.

STEP 5: INTERVIEW WITH THE AMERICAN CONSUL

I know my post is already long. Sorry guys if i bored you. :) So to cut the story short, my # was called at Window 64. There seated is a big American guy. Probably on his mid 30s. He was nice and warm but didn't really bother to look at me that much. While interviewing me he just typed on the keyboard and his eyes are alternately at the keyboard and computer scree. The interview was very brief and short. He didn't even asked for our pictures together! In less than 3 minutes i was done and APPROVED! The only word I am so longing to hear that day. My friends was surprised to see me done with the interview in less than 3 minutes. And i told them i was approved and they're so happy for me. And i told them, i wish they get interviewed by the same guy. I think it was destined for me to meet these girls because they got interviewed by the same Consul and all of use have nothing bad to say about him except for Gem because she was grilled a little bit. But all 3 of us got approved!!! Yay! So the questions that we're asked to me are the following.

1. How did we meet?

2. Have i applied for a a US visa before?

3. Have a traveled outside the country?

4. When was the last time he visited me?

5. How many times he visited me?

6. What does my fiance do for a living?

And then he said "everything looks good and i approved your visa. wait for your # to be called and they will ask you how do you want to get your visa"

We were done past 2PM and got home at 3PM.

I must say all the hardships, pressures and frustrations about the entire process is all worth it. Soon i will be with my fiance and we will build a happy family together and build our dreams together and make them come true.

I thank everyone in VJ who shared their experiences here and answering my questions in the forums. VJ is very informative indeed. Most of all I thank God, for always answering my prayers and guiding me. For not letting me to give up on this process and making me patient.

I hope everyone gets approved too. God Bless us all and Good Luck to all of us!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yay! Congratulations Carol and David :dance: So happy for you and thanks for sharing your experience, its very much helpful! :thumbs:

Sent I-129F 02/18/12

Received 02/21/12

NOA1 - 02/23/12 (Sent to CSC)

NOA2 - 07/10/12

Called and received MNL Case # - 07/23/12

Medical 8/22/12-8/23/12 Everything is all good.

Interview 8/28/12 Approved

Received Visa XX/XX/XX

CFO XX/XX/XX

Timeline

I want to share my experience regarding my visa Interview. And i hope this will benefit those who will be having their interview in the future.

I had my Visa Interview today, August 23, and i was approved!

I woke up at 1 AM and prepared the things I'll be needing for the interview. After that I Skyped with my fiance and reviewed some of the possible questions for the last time before i go to my interview.

I left the house at 5:20 and arrived at the Embassy a little after 6AM. When I arrived there, a vendor approached me and asking if i already have pictures and ball pen or if i have something that's on her list that are not allowed inside the Embassy. I go through the list and good thing i don't have anything on that list. The things that are not allowed inside are the following.

1. Cellphones, Ipods or any electronic gadgets

2. Battery

3. USB

4. Cologne

5. Food and drinks

6. Deadly weapons

7. Cigarettes

8. Lighters

9. Sharp Objects such as nail cutters or Swiss knives

So I was lining up along with the K1/K3 applicants. Some brought their USC Fiance and Spouse with them. MY appointment is 7:30 AM. So called the applicants for 7:30 AM. I was just following the applicant in front of me but somehow the line was broken. The guard don't really give us instructions as to where we should form our lines. We found out soon enough that all K1/K3 applicants don't need to undergo the 1st checking with the guards outside and that we can proceed right away to xray scan security check area. Thanks to Gem as she was attentive enough to have heard the lady after her that was on the same schedule as us and was directed right away to the door. Oh by the way, I met 2 new nice girlfriends at the Embassy. First I met is She, and she's a nurse from Naga then later on we were joined by Gem from Cebu who's on the line next to She. So Gem told us to go inside right away since we're standing in front of her.

STEP 1: Security Check

So next to the very heavy door is the Xray Machine. These are the same we see at the airport. As i have mentioned a while ago, you should not have any thing that are in my list above. If you happen to have at least one, you will have to go outside and find ways how you will get rid of it. I mentioned about the vendors outside, you can leave your things to them. I heard if you're going to leave cellphone to them you have to pay 150. I am not sure if it's safe to leave your things to them, but they will give you a # similar to what we get at the grocery store when leave our baggage at the counter. With that laminated # written is the name of the vendor. I saw one applicant that had her chest xray CD with and shoot, i brought mine too and i was so worried that they will ask me to leave it outside. I told She behind me that i have my chest xray CD with and she said she has hers too. lol. Since it's not written on the list we just took the risk. Thankfully, we were not questioned about it. The lady in front of me was asked to take the keys out of her bag. Upon hearing that i put my keys on top of my things so they wont ask me anymore and to stop more delays. I was cleared at the xray machines.

STEP 2: DS FORMS SUBMISSION

Next to the xray machine is another door. There are 3 booths there wherein you will be asked to provide your Appointment letter, passport, 2 copies of DS156, DS157 and 1 DS156K. I saw some who took time to attach their pictures on their forms but i didn't bother to do that because mine were stapled on my set of documents that i will give to the Interviewers and is sealed on a on a small zip lock plastic. All K1/K3 applicants were asked to line up to booth #3 and the rest of applicants such such tourists, other immigrants, seafarers were designated at booth 1 and 2. The lady at booth 3 announced that if there's no one lined up at booth 1 & 2 anymore, k1/k3 applicants can go there too. So i went to Booth 2 and give her what we were asked to provide her. She stapled all the forms i have provided her along with the appointment letter and provided me a #. The lucky number is 6121!!! She also gave me a zip lock bag and instructed me to put my passport inside showing the bio page. She gave me back my forms and told me to drop it at Window #39.

STEP3: FINGER PRINT SCAN

So i passed thru the area where there's Kodak booth, hotdog sandwich stand and another that sells, sandwiches, burgers, rice, drinks and candies. I lost She after i left the booth and I found out late on that she got stucked there because one of her forms are missing and she had to fill out another one. And proceeded to the next door. Behind that door is another xray machine and bag inspections. So I got through it without any hassle. Went to Window #39 to drop my forms and was asked to take a seat and wait for my # to be flashed at the screen. There are not many seats available inside anymore so i went to the far right side of the building where i spotted an available seat. Soon enough, my # was called at Window #43. There sit a beautiful Chinese American woman who is nice and i kinda like her accent. She asked me to state my name and date of birth. Then goes the fingerprinting. There's a Filipina outside the booth who assisted the applicants on the fingerprinting. She's wearing a hand gloves. First the the left hand and you need to put all of your 4 fingers together at the scanner, thumb excluded.Then the right hand, same thing. And lastly, your 2 thumbs (left and right) joined together. Then asked again to take a seat and wait for my # to be flashed at the screen.

STEP 4: INTERVIEW WITH FILIPINO CONSUL

Next is the interview with the Filipina Consul (I am not sure if they are Consuls as well) and here comes the bad part of my interview experience. I was called at booth 50. I greeted the Filipina lady and she didn't even smiled or responded to my greeting. But that's OK. She started to tell me the things i needed to give her and because of nervousness, of course i was not able to pick up everything right away. I was not sure if it should be all original so i asked her and she said yes. I gave her the I134, my Birth Certificate, NBI, Cenomar, W2 and ITR of my fiance. What i have given is only the 2010 ITR and she asked for 2011. I was trying to find it to my fold and I can't find it. And then i remember my other folder which is inside my bag. I went through it and find the 2011 ITR there. The 2011 ITR was just sent to me by my fiance along with the I134 last week. Good thing he thought of sending that just to be ready if ever they asked for it.

So she asked me the following questions.

1. Who is my petitioner?

2. What is my relationship with the petitioner?

3. How did we meet?

4. When did we meet in Person?

5. When was the last time we got together?

6. Have i ever traveled to a foreign country?

7. Have i ever applied for a US visa before?

8. Does he have kids?

9. Do we have kids?

10. Has he ever married before?

11. Was i ever married before?

I mentioned earlier that this is the bad experience on my Embassy Interview process. The reason why i said so, is because there's this form (and i can't remember what form is it. i think it's one of the DS forms) that in Item #29 it says "How long do you intend to stay in the US?" and we answered there 90 days." The form was prepared by our agency so we thought everything is OK with the form. And when i checked it prior to going to the Embassy i didn't realize it's wrong. Since the agency put there 90 days, my understanding is how long i was given to marry my fiance. So a lesson learned for me.

So the conversation goes.

Interviewer: I circled an item there and please review your answer.

Me: (Looked to her in the eye and answered with confidence lol) 90 days

Interviewer: (Repeated the question) How long do you intend to stay in the US?

Me: (Repeated my answer) 90 days.

Interviewer: So after 90 days you will leave US?

Me: Uhm... No no no. I will marry him within the 90 days duration that was given to me and then stay in the US forever after we married.

Interviewer: So what is your answer?

Me: Forever.

Interviewer: Then that's what you should answer on that question. Do you have pictures of you together?

Me: Handed her the pictures

Sigh.. I felt ashamed of not understanding a simple question. So for people who have not been interviewed yet. Better check item #29 on one of your DS forms. I realized instead of putting there FOREVER, the better term that i could have used is PERMANENTLY. Lol! Too bad i didn't catch that nor read it in VJ. But She (my new friend) told me that she have read it somewhere in VJ so she was able to answer her form correctly. So i was hoping that it will put a negative effect on my application. And that brought more pressure to me and nervousness. :(

OK so the 1st interview was done and i was asked to take a seat again and wait..

Here comes the long wait! Most of the applicants we're already called and Me, Gem and She were not interviewed yet. My # is 6121, Gem's is 1626 and She's is 1624. So while waiting I was able to hear some of the interviews of the applicant because She and I are seated near booth 66. There seated is a Chinese American Consul who's probably on his late 20s to early 30s. At first he was nice and cool. But later on he have raised his voice several times. And his interviews takes a looooong time. So i prayed again not to be assigned to him. Because he grills interviewees. And I have heard applicants that he denied and did not approved at this time. He greet interviewees with "Welcome to the US Embassy". And i was amazed that when the applicants cant understand or speak English that well he spoke Tagalog and it was cute. People who have heard him was amazed. :) The Tagalog part is the the part that he will ask the interviewee to say only the truth and after that, there will be a translator to until the end of the interview.

Lunchtime is near approaching and we still haven't called. And we're worried that we might be asked to take our lunch first and comeback at 1AM. Soon enough, the lady at booth 72 made an announcement that applicants who were not interviewed yet may take their lunch and come back at 1 AM. I and She decided to just stayed at the Embassy premise and buy food there. Rather than go outside and go through security process all over again. Boy, the food inside is soooooo expensive! I was so hungry so i have no choice. I bought a fried rice with pork and water. And i paid 130! She bought a sandwich. I don't know how much it is and then came back inside to wait for the queuing to start.

STEP 5: INTERVIEW WITH THE AMERICAN CONSUL

I know my post is already long. Sorry guys if i bored you. :) So to cut the story short, my # was called at Window 64. There seated is a big American guy. Probably on his mid 30s. He was nice and warm but didn't really bother to look at me that much. While interviewing me he just typed on the keyboard and his eyes are alternately at the keyboard and computer scree. The interview was very brief and short. He didn't even asked for our pictures together! In less than 3 minutes i was done and APPROVED! The only word I am so longing to hear that day. My friends was surprised to see me done with the interview in less than 3 minutes. And i told them i was approved and they're so happy for me. And i told them, i wish they get interviewed by the same guy. I think it was destined for me to meet these girls because they got interviewed by the same Consul and all of use have nothing bad to say about him except for Gem because she was grilled a little bit. But all 3 of us got approved!!! Yay! So the questions that we're asked to me are the following.

1. How did we meet?

2. Have i applied for a a US visa before?

3. Have a traveled outside the country?

4. When was the last time he visited me?

5. How many times he visited me?

6. What does my fiance do for a living?

And then he said "everything looks good and i approved your visa. wait for your # to be called and they will ask you how do you want to get your visa"

We were done past 2PM and got home at 3PM.

I must say all the hardships, pressures and frustrations about the entire process is all worth it. Soon i will be with my fiance and we will build a happy family together and build our dreams together and make them come true.

I thank everyone in VJ who shared their experiences here and answering my questions in the forums. VJ is very informative indeed. Most of all I thank God, for always answering my prayers and guiding me. For not letting me to give up on this process and making me patient.

I hope everyone gets approved too. God Bless us all and Good Luck to all of us!

Congratulations! :dance: Your post is very informative for all of us waiting for our interview. Thanks so much! GOD bless to all of us and Good luck as well :thumbs:

06/05/2012:I-129F sent via USPS Priority

06/07/2012:I-129F received at Texas Lockbox

06/11/2012:NOA1 Notification Email with receipt number (sent to CSC)

8/28/2012:NOA2!

Timeline

Yay! Congratulations Carol and David :dance: So happy for you and thanks for sharing your experience, its very much helpful! :thumbs:

oops. i am not sure if this is joy or richie. so just thanks to both of you! :) as ive said i will pray for yours to be approved. goodluck! good vibes! :D

Edited by caradavie

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congrats! :dance: :dance:

Now relax for about a week and then start checking on your visa package.

Have you done CFO or are you waiting for your visa first?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Great post. Congrats! And thanks for posting.

If you met any filipinas coming to Denver area have them get in touch with me. I'm sure my sweetie would like to speak Tagalog/visayan with other filipinas near Denver occasionally ;-)

Timeline

cool thanks for putting ALL your effort by sharing your interview experience :thumbs:

no problem. happy to help fellow VJ members here and visitors. i once was ignorant about the whole visa process. and i'm glad i can impart my knowledge to everyone now.

Timeline

Congrats! :dance: :dance:

Now relax for about a week and then start checking on your visa package.

Have you done CFO or are you waiting for your visa first?

i was supposed to get it done today. however, i read on the requirements that i need to show them my passport and then a photocopy of it. i could have tried, but then again i don't want to risk it. so i decided to wait for my visa first so i wont have to go back for the sticker again. so, will it really take a week before i get my visa even if i chose it to be picked-up? wow!

Edited by caradavie

Timeline

Congratulations!! :thumbs: :thumbs: Its kinda long but worth to read, atleast for me.. :) :)

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

----------------------------------------

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank for sharing with us who will be going through an interview soon. ConGrats! :dance::dance:

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Congradulations on your recent approval at the interview. I would like to ask you a question. Where and when did you get your CENOMAR? my fiance was given a 221g at the end of her interview for reverification of her CENOMAR. It has bugged the heck out of me to try to figure this out.

11/30/11 Mailed K-1 petition

12/5/11 NOA1

12/13/11 Touched

5/8/12 Called USCIS for OUT OF NORMAL PROCESSING TIME inquiry

5/10/12 received email from VSC stating to wait 60 more days for decision

6/25/12 emailed my congressman

6/29/12 congressman's caseworker called me to gather more information about my case

6/29/12 sent request to state senator for an official inquiry into my case

7/3/12 Touched

7/3/12 text and email received for NOA2 approval

7/9/12 Received NOA2 hard copy in the mail

7/16/12 Called and received NVC Case Number

7/18/12 Called NVC and was told my case was in "additional processing"

7/27/12 Called NVC and was told my case is in "administrative processing"

8/2/12 Called NVC and was told my case is on the way to Manila.

8/6/12 Petition arrived in Manila

8/7/12 Called and obtained Embassy Interview Date, received appointment letter in email

Interview Date : 9/13/12

8/8/12 Fiance passed medical exam at SLEC

8/10/12 Fiance took CFO seminar

8/10/12 NVC letter arrived in mail (hardcopy)

8/13/12 Called the US Traveldocs number and asked to have earlier interview from 9/13/12 to 8/17/12

8/15/12 Interview Instruction Letter arrived in email

8/17/12 Interview date

8/17/12 Interview complete, 221g issued to send NSO CENOMAR to embassy through 2go

8/31/12 Called Senator to ask for inquiry at embassy.

8/31/12 Visa approved

8/31/12 Visa printed

9/5/12 2GO Courier service has visa in transit

9/6/12 2go Courier delivered VISA at 4:30 pm

9/6/12 Ticket purchased for flight leaving 9/8/12 POE Chicago

9/8/12 Arrived in USA

Timeline

Great post. Congrats! And thanks for posting.

If you met any filipinas coming to Denver area have them get in touch with me. I'm sure my sweetie would like to speak Tagalog/visayan with other filipinas near Denver occasionally ;-)

Hey, My fiance is leaving in Parker.. I have been looking for filipina that I can meet in future at Colorado.. :) I hope I can meet her there.. Denver is just 35 minutes drive from where my fiance is living..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.