pachuchay

Interview Done but missing Dubai police clearance

44 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, i think is best to email the IV unit in Manila, show them the contents of the link about Dubai PCC, highlighting the fact that the CO can waive the requirement.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is the Email response I got from IVmanilareplies@State.Gov,

According to country-specific information on police records found at the State Department’s web site at http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_4881.html?cid=3698, police certificates are considered to be unavailable to applicants who no longer reside in United Arab Emirates and hence applicants are not expected to produce them.

Sent NOA1 April 30th 2011

received May 2nd 2011

NOA1 Notice Date:May 4th 2011

NOA 2 txt/ email on july 18th 2011

NOA 2 received in Mail July 20th dated July 18th 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Personal issue in the Philippines

Medical Exam: March 22nd 2012

Medical Cleared on March 23rd 2012

Interview Date:April 16th, 2012......PASSED

Arrival Los Angeles California: July 7th 2012.

Marriage September 7th 2012 at San Bernardino County Hall of Records

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

that sounds really familar, doesn't it?

so, you gots casefile movement, or no ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

southcalhog is correct, My fiance lived in Dubai for a year and unless tyour a resident there you dont need it, they ( Dubai ) will not even gicve you one unless you live there.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Just to give more first hand information my Fiancee had her Interview on April 16th. She worked in Dubai {UAE} for 11 Months. The CO knew that by the G325 and other information but like we were told by IVmanilareplies@state.gov and www.Travel.state.gov there was no need for the Police certificate and She was armed with the emails from both sites telling her that just in case but she was never asked about it and she Passed! I hope the Cos get more knowledge about if you work in Dubai/ UAE you do not need Police Clearance!:thumbs:

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

"I Wholly disapprove of what you say, But I will defend to the death, Your RIGHT to say it"

" _ Volitaire- "

• 8 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Were you issued a 221g requesting that document or just told to go to window 71 - 72 or such were they told everything is done and may have verified your instructions for 2GO? From what I have read you can not get a police clearance from Dubai unless you are there in person.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Seems like this Question comes up now and then.I dont understand why the CO ask for a PC from UAE unless you are Physically Present in the Country. Someone told me some COs are not Knowledgeable about the rules concerning PC from UAE. My Fiancee had her Interview a few Months ago and the CO knew it but never asked for it andf she Passed. Contact WWW.Travel.State.Gov for info concerning that.I did. Also contacve IVManilareplies@State.Gov and ask USEM that Question.

Here is the response I got a few Months ago:

According to country-specific information on police records found at the State Department’s web site at http://travel.state.....html?cid=3698, police certificates are considered to be unavailable to applicants who no longer reside in United Arab Emirates and hence applicants are not expected to produce them.

received May 2nd 2011

NOA2 in "74" days!

NO RFE

Preparing for AOS

" _ Volitaire- "

Timeline

If they told you need police clearance from Dubai they are wrong, they shouldn't have told you that. You cannot obtain it, unless you still a resident in that country. You need to contact them and inform them that it is impossible for you to obtain that police clearance.

My wife lived in Kuwait and Thailand it's the same thing in Kuwait. We had to get it from Thailand, but they never asked for it from Kuwait.

You were misinformed and should immediately contact them, explain the situation, and your visa should be issued.

Also I find it very strange that they would keep your passport, since you would most certainly NEED that to obtain police clearance, if it was available!

I wonder if they will just issue your visa anyway.

• 2 years later...
Timeline

Can someone help me with this too. My fiance applied for the police clearance for working there in Dubai for 10months. He only have the reciept but they were saying that it will take a while its about 4months now. But they said we can present the reciept.

Can you give me the kink stating that we dont need clearance unless you are living there? Thank you. Confused.

Edited by Mabenita

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 12/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 2015-01-05

I-129F RFE(s) :2015-02-16

RFE Reply(s) : 2015-02-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2015-03-04

NVC Received :2015-03-20

Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2015-03-23

NVC Left : 2015-03-25

Consulate Received : 2015-03-27

Interview Date : 2015-04-28

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2015-05-04

US Entry : 2015-05-18

Marriage : 2015-06-22

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2015-06-29

Interview Date : 2015-12-10

Can someone help me with this too. My fiance applied for the police clearance for working there in Dubai for 10months. He only have the reciept but they were saying that it will take a while its about 4months now. But they said we can present the reciept.

Can you give me the kink stating that we dont need clearance unless you are living there? Thank you. Confused.

Here is the official word. USEM does not require a Police Record if one cannot be provided if you have to be in country to receive one. Your safe to go to your interview without a Police Report from Saudi Arabia. Please don't use a thread that is two years old. Just start your own. Good luck.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/SA.html#policerecords-2

Police Records

Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance..

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with a passport-sized photograph and a national ID or residency permit at the regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two..

Police clearances are available for Saudi nationals residing outside of the Kingdom. The expatriate Saudi citizen obtains the police clearance by returning to the Kingdom and obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with the attested police clearance request letter, a passport-sized photograph and a national ID at the Regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two..

Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom..

The optimal time to conduct these procedures at the police stations is 10:00 Saturdays-Wednesdays..

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Thank you for the info. But its DUBAI, UAE not SAUDI.

Here is the official word. USEM does not require a Police Record if one cannot be provided if you have to be in country to receive one. Your safe to go to your interview without a Police Report from Saudi Arabia. Please don't use a thread that is two years old. Just start your own. Good luck.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/SA.html#policerecords-2

Police Records

Police clearances are available for Saudi citizens and resident third country nationals. Saudi citizens currently residing overseas must return in person to process the police clearance..

Saudi citizens and third country nationals residing in the Kingdom process the police clearances by first obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with a passport-sized photograph and a national ID or residency permit at the regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two..

Police clearances are available for Saudi nationals residing outside of the Kingdom. The expatriate Saudi citizen obtains the police clearance by returning to the Kingdom and obtaining a police clearance request letter from U.S. Embassy Riyadh, U.S. Consulate General Jeddah, or U.S. Consulate General Dhahran. This police clearance request letter, signed by a consular officer, must be attested by the Saudi Ministry of Affairs (current fee is SR30). The applicant must then appear personally with the attested police clearance request letter, a passport-sized photograph and a national ID at the Regional Criminal Investigation Department for fingerprinting. Fingerprinting for women is done in a separate room. The police clearance should be available for collection after a week or two..

Police clearances are unavailable for third country nationals who no longer reside in the Kingdom..

The optimal time to conduct these procedures at the police stations is 10:00 Saturdays-Wednesdays..

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Thank you for the info. But its DUBAI, UAE not SAUDI.

Sorry. Right church wrong pew. :rolleyes:

Police Records

Available, only if applicant is physically present in the UAE..

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport..

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE..

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html#policerecords-6

Edited by Greenbaum
Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

Police Records

Police certificates may be obtained by any person, regardless of nationality, by personally appearing at the Central Police Headquarters located in the emirate of residence or former residence. When appearing to request a police certificate, the applicant should provide recent photographs, a letter from the requesting authority, the date of residence in the emirate, and their passport..

Not available by mail. Post recommends that consular officers waive the general requirement to obtain police certificates unless the applicant lives in the UAE..

Its ok nothing to be sorry. I appreciate that u are helping me. I think thats the same stuff that ive read. Tho i tried to send an email to confirm this jst to make sure we really dont need it and if asked during the interview, we have proof to let the CO check.

Do you have the link for that i will check if we have the same? Thank you!!! :)

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Timeline

Police Records

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AE.html#policerecords-6

Ohh.. I ddnt recognized that u have sent the link already. Yes we have the same link. I will print that page just in case the CO ask for the clearance. Thank you! Have a god day. :)

Edited by Mabenita

K1 Visa

???❤️

Adjustment of Status

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.