Pitaya

K2 visa process for child of fiancee (K1 visa beneficiary)?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hello all,

I am the petitioner/sponsor of a K1 visa for my Chinese fiancee/beneficiary. She has an 18 year old, unmarried son (he wishes to immigrate to the USA), whose information I have included, where appropriate, on the I-129F petition, to qualify for a K2 visa. Though we are at the "waiting for the NOA2" stage in the visa process, I am trying to be proactive and am trying understand the processes and forms necessary for the child to obtain a K2 visa. I am also filling out the Form I-134 for the K1 visa process, and starting to identify and gather the necessary supporting documents. You know, I am trying to do the "one-stop shopping" kinda thing...making a shopping list.... :lol:

From the information that I have gleened so far, his needs for the K2 visa application are:

a valid passport,

a completed Form DS-160 (with appropriate photo),

a copy of official birth certificate from Registrar of Births (translated and notarized),

a completed Form I-134 (with supporting documents) from sponsor (me),

a completed medical examination from a GUZ-authorized physician,

and the appropriate visa fee.

With regards to the Form I-134 associated with the K1 visa, I have identified both my fiancee (as beneficiary) and her son (as accompanying/following her). Can I submit another original of that same Form I-134 with supporting documents, for the son's K2 visa application, or do I have to complete a new Form I-134, listing him as beneficiary? Am I making this too complicated? (If I am, it may be due to looking at all of the forms in this whole visa process for far too long, or dealing with our government's bureaucracy.....lol... :yes: ) When is the proper time to start the son's K2 visa process, before/during/after my fiancee's consulate interview?

Am I on the correct track? What am I missing? I would appreciate any information/pearls of wisdom from similarly-situated VJ forum members.

This is what is great about this forum, the wealth of information and experiences from people who have, or are going through the process.

Thanks,

The B of A&B

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello all,

I am the petitioner/sponsor of a K1 visa for my Chinese fiancee/beneficiary. She has an 18 year old, unmarried son (he wishes to immigrate to the USA), whose information I have included, where appropriate, on the I-129F petition, to qualify for a K2 visa. Though we are at the "waiting for the NOA2" stage in the visa process, I am trying to be proactive and am trying understand the processes and forms necessary for the child to obtain a K2 visa. I am also filling out the Form I-134 for the K1 visa process, and starting to identify and gather the necessary supporting documents. You know, I am trying to do the "one-stop shopping" kinda thing...making a shopping list.... :lol:

From the information that I have gleened so far, his needs for the K2 visa application are:

a valid passport,

a completed Form DS-160 (with appropriate photo),

a copy of official birth certificate from Registrar of Births (translated and notarized),

a completed Form I-134 (with supporting documents) from sponsor (me),

a completed medical examination from a GUZ-authorized physician,

and the appropriate visa fee.

With regards to the Form I-134 associated with the K1 visa, I have identified both my fiancee (as beneficiary) and her son (as accompanying/following her). Can I submit another original of that same Form I-134 with supporting documents, for the son's K2 visa application, or do I have to complete a new Form I-134, listing him as beneficiary? Am I making this too complicated? (If I am, it may be due to looking at all of the forms in this whole visa process for far too long, or dealing with our government's bureaucracy.....lol... :yes: ) When is the proper time to start the son's K2 visa process, before/during/after my fiancee's consulate interview?

Am I on the correct track? What am I missing? I would appreciate any information/pearls of wisdom from similarly-situated VJ forum members.

This is what is great about this forum, the wealth of information and experiences from people who have, or are going through the process.

Thanks,

The B of A&B

We did a K1 and 2 K2s. The application for the K2 is identical to the K1 except for one form for the fiancee only. The children need the same forms, fees, medical exam, affidavit of support (one for each child) You can make an appointment for the children at the same time your fiancee goes for her interview

When they arrive they need their own AOS.

Not sure about China, so ask others, but in Ukraine we needed a letter from the father allowing the children to relocate permanently to the USA

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

So, I plan on preparing two original Form I-134s, each with the duplicate copies of the "evidence of income and resources," per Form I-134 instructions.. One for the beneficiary (K1), one for the minor child (K2). My fiancee will have prepared the other appropriate forms necessary for her and her son, and will take to the interview.

I have previously listed the minor child in the original Form I-129F petition and will also list on the Form I-134.

Thanks for the info. I was also able to find some old threads, 2-3 years ago on the subject. It appears that you certainly have some experience in this area of the visa process. It looks like it depends on the consulate, whether they want both original Form I-134s. ...some do, some don't, it is better to be safe than sorry. I wonder what the current mood is at the GUZ? It is in areas of the visa process, such as this one, where official vagueness is clarified by the past experiences of VJ members. Thank you forum! :thumbs:

The B of A&B

Edited by A&B

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have you visited over at GUZ IV forms http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/forms_and_packets.htm site yet???

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

So, I plan on preparing two original Form I-134s, each with the duplicate copies of the "evidence of income and resources," per Form I-134 instructions.. One for the beneficiary (K1), one for the minor child (K2). My fiancee will have prepared the other appropriate forms necessary for her and her son, and will take to the interview.

I have previously listed the minor child in the original Form I-129F petition and will also list on the Form I-134.

Thanks for the info. I was also able to find some old threads, 2-3 years ago on the subject. It appears that you certainly have some experience in this area of the visa process. It looks like it depends on the consulate, whether they want both original Form I-134s. ...some do, some don't, it is better to be safe than sorry. I wonder what the current mood is at the GUZ? It is in areas of the visa process, such as this one, where official vagueness is clarified by the past experiences of VJ members. Thank you forum! :thumbs:

The B of A&B

Good for you for using the search feature and reading the archives. There is simply so much information there that no one can duplicate it all in an answer to each question. Yes, it is consulate specific. Kiev required separate I-134s. Some consulates may not but you would not be penalized for providing a separate one.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Timeline

FYI, here is the response (top of message) I received yesterday from the GUZ IV unit regarding my recent Form I-134 inquiry (bottom of message):

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please prepare two original I-134s with one set of supporting docs for your case. Supporting documents may include but not limited to those documents you have mentioned in your email as long as such documents are obtainable in your situation. It is always helpful and safer to prepare as much documents as you can.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit

U.S. Consulate General Guangzhou

1 Shamian South Street

Guangzhou, Guangdong 510133

PRC

To respond to this email, use only the web form at http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/immigrant-visa-unit-question.html. E-mails sent via “reply” will not be received.

-----Original Message-----

From: do-not-reply@usembassy.gov [mailto:do-not-reply@usembassy.gov]

Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:23 PM

To: Guangzhou, IVform

Subject: IV Unit - XXXXXX

Sender_Name: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Email_Address: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Is_This_your_First_Email: yes

Date_of_Last_email:

Relationship_To_Beneficiary: Petitioner

Beneficiary_Date_Of_Birth-Month: X

Beneficiary_Date_Of_Birth-Day: XX

Beneficiary_Date_Of_Birth-Year: XXX

Beneficiary_Case_Number: TBD

Beneficiary_Visa_Category: K-1/K-2

Subject: Other

Message_Text: Dear Sir or Madam,

I have yet to receive a Beneficiary Case number, I have received the NOA1, WACXXXXXXXXX. I am a K-1 visa petitioner, the beneficiary is from XXXXXX. Please assist me with my inquiries.

I am in the process of starting to assemble the necessary supporting documents that the consulate would require for the Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. Could you give me some idea of the scope of the financial documents, i.e., 3 prior years of Federal tax returns, 3 prior years of IRS tax return transcripts, 3 prior years of W-2 wage and tax statements, pay stubs, bank statements, brokerage account statements, letter from bank, letter from employer, that are required for the interview.

The K-1 beneficiary has a minor child that I have identified on the Form I-129F petition and the Form I-134. Is it preferred to have one original copy (with duplicate supporting statements) of the Form I-134 for the beneficiary's K-1 visa application and one original copy of the Form I-134 for the minor's K-2 visa application, or will one complete original copy of the Form I-134 (with duplicate supporting statements) be acceptable?

Thank you for help with my questions.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXX

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am in the process of starting to assemble the necessary supporting documents that the consulate would require for the Form I-134, Affidavit of Support. Could you give me some idea of the scope of the financial documents, i.e., 3 prior years of Federal tax returns, 3 prior years of IRS tax return transcripts, 3 prior years of W-2 wage and tax statements, pay stubs, bank statements, brokerage account statements, letter from bank, letter from employer, that are required for the interview.

The K-1 beneficiary has a minor child that I have identified on the Form I-129F petition and the Form I-134. Is it preferred to have one original copy (with duplicate supporting statements) of the Form I-134 for the beneficiary's K-1 visa application and one original copy of the Form I-134 for the minor's K-2 visa application, or will one complete original copy of the Form I-134 (with duplicate supporting statements) be acceptable?

Your process should be file the forms they say and not think ur lauching the space shuttle. Seems you answered your own question. File the forms for k. Do not wait for an answer. Ask to speak to a person. You can and will take less time than paper. you just have to want to. If you want to play a paper chase good luck. Thats what they want you to do. Deamaned a face to face. Save urself months. You and yours have to be true though. Be on the same page. One can make it complicaed by thier rules. You can change it. If you want to. Your choice. We did it so can you. Face to face.

Timeline

You must make sure they both go to for interview together.Otherwise too much trouble.

Why?

One of our sons went 10 months after Alla. No trouble at all.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Your process should be file the forms they say and not think ur lauching the space shuttle. Seems you answered your own question. File the forms for k. Do not wait for an answer. Ask to speak to a person. You can and will take less time than paper. you just have to want to. If you want to play a paper chase good luck. Thats what they want you to do. Deamaned a face to face. Save urself months. You and yours have to be true though. Be on the same page. One can make it complicaed by thier rules. You can change it. If you want to. Your choice. We did it so can you. Face to face.

There is no human to 'get to', except on document intake day, and even then - it's problematic to get the RIGHT human, the one that knows the answer.

Where and how did you handle this 'face to face' ? TIA!

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I didn't answer my own question. If you would take the time to review similar forum threads, it would be come apparent that the preferred manner differs from one consulate to another. The answer I received was from the US Consulate in Guangzhou. It is not merely a matter of "I just have to want to," I would prefer to do it in the manner that they, the consulate officials, prefer. Go ahead and demand a "face-to face," I prefer to do it a different way and that is my choice.

BTW, good luck on your paper chase. :whistle:

Timeline

Things have changed since you first filed yer I-129F.

It's been a long time, ya?

Stuff that worked for you 5 years ago - is not the same as TODAY, in GUZ IV land.

Whilst I can appreciate yer sentiment, the steps yer trying to outline simply not work at GUZ IV anymore.

Welcome to VJ !!

Timeline

Things have changed since you first filed yer I-129F.

It's been a long time, ya?

Stuff that worked for you 5 years ago - is not the same as TODAY, in GUZ IV land.

Whilst I can appreciate yer sentiment, the steps yer trying to outline simply not work at GUZ IV anymore.

Welcome to VJ !!

谢谢 (thank you)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.