Love83

What is Packet 3 or Package 3?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi Everyone, Happy holidays!

I just want to ask what is a PACKET 3 OR PACKAGE 3? We are ready to pay for the visa fee but then when I called the Manila Embassy the agent told me that she couldn't traced our case. Does it mean our case hasn't entered into their system yet? I told her that we had our MNL# already coz my fiance called the NVC and the NVC told my fiance that our case left Dec. 14 to Manila Embassy. How long does it take for our case to entered into the Manila Embassy's system. It's going to be a month since our case left the NVC. The agent at USEM told me to wait until exactly a month(Jan.14) and just give an ample time before I can sked my interview. Is this really true? While talking to the agent she told me that I can just download the pdf file from the USEM site and print it to present/show/bring during my interview. Is this the packet 3 or the instructions for the interview? Is this also the letter that they are going to send me? We just want to get this done so we can be together. So confused. Please help us guys :( :( :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Embassy will send you packet 3 after getting your petition from NVC.Packet three contains DS230 ans applicant statement form. You have to fill and send back these forms to embassy. In certain cases embassies never send packet 3, in this case you need to download these forms from embassy website and send them by email or courier. I never got packet 3 from embassy I sent by my own.

event.png

At this stage in the process you must only rely on people who have been thru the same Embassy as you as each one is different. For example, people mention packet 3 and packet 4. For them you fill out the forms in packet 3 and then the Embassy sends you packet 4. We received everything in an e-mail from the Embassy including the inteview date. As mentioned in a previos post, some Embassies never send anything out and it is up to the beneficiary to get the forms and concat the Embassy.

Good luck and congrats on the petition approval.

Dave

I just want to ask what is a PACKET 3 OR PACKAGE 3? We are ready to pay for the visa fee but then when I called the Manila Embassy the agent told me that she couldn't traced our case. Does it mean our case hasn't entered into their system yet? I told her that we had our MNL# already coz my fiance called the NVC and the NVC told my fiance that our case left Dec. 14 to Manila Embassy. How long does it take for our case to entered into the Manila Embassy's system. It's going to be a month since our case left the NVC. The agent at USEM told me to wait until exactly a month(Jan.14) and just give an ample time before I can sked my interview. Is this really true? While talking to the agent she told me that I can just download the pdf file from the USEM site and print it to present/show/bring during my interview. Is this the packet 3 or the instructions for the interview? Is this also the letter that they are going to send me? We just want to get this done so we can be together. So confused. Please help us guys :( :( :(

I already answered you in your earlier post... embassies have different processes, so you should ask the Philippine Forum.

Harvey and Theresa already gave you the link for what essentially is your packet 3. Do not wait for USEM to send it to you, you will be waiting forever.

This is what we did a little over 4 months ago and is solely based on our experience.

Your fiance should already be gathering her Birth Certificate, NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, Police Clearance if she worked overseas for more than 6 months from the country where she worked, Annulment (if applicable).

You as the petitioner should prepare I-134, employee letter, pay stubs, and tax transcripts for 3 years (you can order tax transcripts from IRS website for free), evidence of ongoing bonafide relationship, money remittance, and anything else that proves a genuine relationship, and then send it all to your fiance as she will need these things for the interview @ USEM.

You can pay the visa fee through BPI it is $350.00 but will pay in peso based on the exchange rate that day. Be sure to have your passport when paying for the visa fee and keep the receipt. Wait til the next day and schedule your interview online. You do not have to wait for the eligibility letter from the USEM. Otherwise, you will be waiting for awhile. When you are scheduling online, you'll need manila case #, passport info, and the receipt # from BPI or just use your passport #. Give enough time in between interview date and when she plans on getting her medical done when scheduling. There is no need to schedule an appointment for medical since it is walk in. You can register through the SLMEC and fill up the registration online and this will save you an hour and a half. if you don't fill it up, they will make you fill it up on the spot @ the clinic.

A CFO sticker is needed to be affixed to your fiance's passport. If you do not have this, they will not let her board the plane. This can be done in advance and once you have the visa in hand, you can go back to the CFO office in Quirino Avenue and obtain it. Or, you can wait until visa in hand and then attend the CFO seminar and get the certificate the same day.

See the useful links below my signatures. Good luck!

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

Harvey and Theresa already gave you the link for what essentially is your packet 3. Do not wait for USEM to send it to you, you will be waiting forever.

This is what we did a little over 4 months ago and is solely based on our experience.

Your fiance should already be gathering her Birth Certificate, NBI Clearance, CENOMAR, Police Clearance if she worked overseas for more than 6 months from the country where she worked, Annulment (if applicable).

You as the petitioner should prepare I-134, employee letter, pay stubs, and tax transcripts for 3 years (you can order tax transcripts from IRS website for free), evidence of ongoing bonafide relationship, money remittance, and anything else that proves a genuine relationship, and then send it all to your fiance as she will need these things for the interview @ USEM.

You can pay the visa fee through BPI it is $350.00 but will pay in peso based on the exchange rate that day. Be sure to have your passport when paying for the visa fee and keep the receipt. Wait til the next day and schedule your interview online. You do not have to wait for the eligibility letter from the USEM. Otherwise, you will be waiting for awhile. When you are scheduling online, you'll need manila case #, passport info, and the receipt # from BPI or just use your passport #. Give enough time in between interview date and when she plans on getting her medical done when scheduling. There is no need to schedule an appointment for medical since it is walk in. You can register through the SLMEC and fill up the registration online and this will save you an hour and a half. if you don't fill it up, they will make you fill it up on the spot @ the clinic.

A CFO sticker is needed to be affixed to your fiance's passport. If you do not have this, they will not let her board the plane. This can be done in advance and once you have the visa in hand, you can go back to the CFO office in Quirino Avenue and obtain it. Or, you can wait until visa in hand and then attend the CFO seminar and get the certificate the same day.

See the useful links below my signatures. Good luck!

Hi dindo and patty, thank you for the helpful links and for sharing your experience. :) I have another question, :) Can I still go pay the visa fee even though our case has not yet entered to USEM's system?or should I wait for my case to be entered?

Edited by Love83

Hi dindo and patty, thank you for the helpful links and for sharing your experience. :) I have another question, :) Can I still go pay the visa fee even though our case has not yet entered to USEM's system?or should I wait for my case to be entered?

Yes, you can pay for the visa fee now since you already have your manila case #.

Philippians 4:13...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens meGC Received: 02/04/2012

Useful Links for K-1 Visa Petition for USEM Philippines:

Packet 3 for K-1: http://photos.state....3__rtf2_001.pdf

St Luke's Website: http://www.slec.ph/u...ml#clinic-hours

Link to Schedule Interview: http://cgifederal.force.com/

CFO Website for Seminar: http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

Povery Guideline: http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

Website to Download DS 156, 156K, & 157: http://travel.state....forms_1342.html

Timeline

Our K1 Visa was approved on January 3 and we never received a Package or notification from Embassy (Manila). Good Luck!! :thumbs:

April 02, 2011 10:13AM I-129F Mailed to USCIS Dallas, Texas

April 04, 2011 12:25PM Delivered at USCIS Dallas, TX signed by C.Thornquist

April 08, 2011 12:20AM NOA1 (notification by email)

April 08, 2011 Personal Check USCIS, Credited from account.

April 11, 2011 11:52AM Rec I-797C, Notice of Action by mail. NOA1 Notice Date April 06, 2011

Sept. 23, 2011 Notification of Approval of NOA2 (Text Message)

Jan. 03, 2012 K1 Visa APPROVED (USA EMBASSY MANILA)

March 21, 2012 POE Dallas, Texas

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.