shine77

k 1 visa problems

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Well here I go again , completely frustrated with my K 1 visa process. I really dont know who is sitting behind those desks and how they work, but I had nothing but problems with USCIS.

Me 5 weeks ago completely happy about getting the NOA 1 until few days ago.. I haved checked my case status online and what I read was totally unbelievable to me.

It said On October 17, 2011, we rejected this case I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), because you did not resubmit payment to correct the insufficient funds notice. On October 17, 2011, we sent you a notice, advising you to resubmit payment within 14 days to correct the deficiency. 14 days have passed and the deficiency has not been corrected. Accordingly, this case has been returned with all accompanying documents and is now considered improperly filed and rejected.

What the f*******. The check was cashed on the 17 th already and I got the letter from them on the 20th saying resubmit your payment within 14 days. So how in the world is that possible.

Amount paid!! 14 days didnt even pass by and they sent all my papers back on the same day the letter was sent out. ??????????

Called Vermont had them send me a verification that the fees were paid. Now a have another problem . All my papers , my K 1 visa package, the one they supposely send out on the 17 th was still not delivered back to me.

Called UScis, they said it was sent out via regular mail. Who does stuff like that ??? All my personal info . And how long does it take for the mail to get delivered ???

I dont know what to do anymore.. What if I never recieve it back ??

Anybody out there with a familiar problem ????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Well here I go again , completely frustrated with my K 1 visa process. I really dont know who is sitting behind those desks and how they work, but I had nothing but problems with USCIS.

Me 5 weeks ago completely happy about getting the NOA 1 until few days ago.. I haved checked my case status online and what I read was totally unbelievable to me.

It said On October 17, 2011, we rejected this case I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E), because you did not resubmit payment to correct the insufficient funds notice. On October 17, 2011, we sent you a notice, advising you to resubmit payment within 14 days to correct the deficiency. 14 days have passed and the deficiency has not been corrected. Accordingly, this case has been returned with all accompanying documents and is now considered improperly filed and rejected.

What the f*******. The check was cashed on the 17 th already and I got the letter from them on the 20th saying resubmit your payment within 14 days. So how in the world is that possible.

Amount paid!! 14 days didnt even pass by and they sent all my papers back on the same day the letter was sent out. ??????????

Called Vermont had them send me a verification that the fees were paid. Now a have another problem . All my papers , my K 1 visa package, the one they supposely send out on the 17 th was still not delivered back to me.

Called UScis, they said it was sent out via regular mail. Who does stuff like that ??? All my personal info . And how long does it take for the mail to get delivered ???

I dont know what to do anymore.. What if I never recieve it back ??

Anybody out there with a familiar problem ????

Yes. You resent payment without getting the letter from them. If your check bounces you MUST wait until you get the notice and then resubmit the payment with a copy of the letter. You jumped the gun and lost. You always will.

NOW, WAIT, repeat WAIT until you get your file BACK IN YOUR HAND, then resubmit the package with a copy of the cancelled check you get from your bank. DO NOT send anything else unti you get it back from them.

You sent a bad check to the USCIS whioch is a huge faceless government entity that functions like a robot with specific procedures and no exceptions. YOU messed up. Trying to get things back on track was hopeless, you are in the system and must operate within the system. Trying to do something to "save time" will only make it worse. They will cash any check that comes their way.

For others

MAKE SURE your check does not bounce. DO NOT attempt to send ANYTHING to USCIS after the initial package is sent UNLESS you have some form of documentation from them, in writing, in your hand to return with it to keep things on track.

An RFE, a rejection package, etc.

As memebers here have noted over and over, the online system is unreliable and has no official meaning

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Gary covered that pretty well.

event.png

July 5, 2011 - Mailed 129f

July 8, 2011 - NOA1

July 10, 2011 - Touch

October 4, 2011 - NOA2

October 18, 2011 - NVC Receive

October 20, 2011 - NVC Depart

October 24, 2011 - Consulate Receive

November 28, 2011 - Appointment scheduled.

November 28, 2011 - Visa Approved!

December 2, 2011 - Visa in hand,

December 22, 2011 - Fly to Russia.

January 5, 2012 - Return together - POE - IAD (Dulles)

February 25. 2012 - Marriage

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

they recievd my money order and cashed it , but on the same day they sent the letter out that I have to pay. So I didnt do anything wrong .

USCIS said that one I send them the verification that the payment was done the they will put my application back to the filing date.

Now I have the verification but dont have my application back . An it has been 11 days already . So how come I get a letter from them within 4 days but the package is still not here.?????? And what should I do if it never gets to me ????????

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Gary is right, everyone who tries to beat the system here has issues, not to say everything goes smooth.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Gary is right, everyone who tries to beat the system here has issues, not to say everything goes smooth.

I'm not sure I follow. Who has tried to "beat the system" in this case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.