Marry Laboski

I-134 ( affidavit of support problems)

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone ! I am sorry if these questions are asked before but every case is unique so i am confused ! I make $12000 an year so is that my tax return or thats just my income and what i pay as tax is termed as tax??

I went through a lot of topics and i am confused that what documents exactly do i need ? Do I need MOST RECENT YEAR's tax returns or more than that ?? Do i need W2 as well because i do not even know what that is ?? How many months pay stubs and bank statement would be enough ??

My boss is my co-sponsor and she is self employed she makes $40000 an year and has two kids ! What documents does she has to prepare ??

I tried to find it on Pakistan's forum but couldn't find it !

Please help me in this confusing situation ! Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

you need the tax returns and w2 or you need to get tax transcripts from the IRS.

You need as many pay stubs as you can give as close to the interview as possible.

The co-sponsor needs to provide the same evidence as the sponsor, but she needs to make enough to meet 125% for the house hold guideline. if its ust her and 2 kids then she would be a 4 person house hold including the immigrant.

You would be a 2 person house hold.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Your boss needs to show enough income on her 2010 tax return, line 22 to meet the income requirement. That is what is used for self employed persons, not the gross earnings.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

Little more information is required Please !

Ask a specific question and you will get specific answers.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

What i earn is tax return or the tax i pay is tax return ??

Do i need W2 as well because i do not even know what that is ??

My boss is my co-sponsor and she is self employed, What documents does she has to prepare ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What i earn is tax return or the tax i pay is tax return ??

Do i need W2 as well because i do not even know what that is ??

My boss is my co-sponsor and she is self employed, What documents does she has to prepare ??

A "tax return" is one or more forms and supporting documents which you send to the IRS every year. Those forms and supporting documents summarize your earnings, deductions, exemptions, credits, and taxes. One of those forms will be an IRS form 1040, 1040A, or 104EZ. If you use a tax consultant or tax preparation software then you might not actually see these forms since the information can be sent to the IRS over the internet.

So, what you earn and tax you pay are both shown on your tax return.

If you are a regular employee then your employer is required to give you a W2 form every January, usually four copies. This form summarizes your earnings and taxes withheld for the prior year. You use the W2 to help prepare your tax return forms. If you mail your tax return to the IRS then you'd include a copy of your W2 with the return.

Your boss has to provide proof of her income, the same as you. A copy of her most recent tax return or an IRS transcript of that tax return (you can get transcripts by calling the IRS - they're free). She won't have paystubs, so she might have to submit bank statements instead. She'll also need to sign an affidavit of support, and provide proof that she's either a US citizen or LPR.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Timeline

I answered what you boss needs to determine income eligibility already.

Both of you will complete a form I-134. Boss's income amount is the number shown on line 22 of her year 2010 1040 tax return.

A W2 is a wage statement that any wage or salary earner receives from their employer annually so that they can prepare a tax return. Does your employer issue you a W2 or a 1099?

You need to do a lot more reading to educate yourself. These are basic items that you are asking about. Without a rudimentary knowledge of the process and documents required you may experience delays and disappointments.

Begin by reading the Guides here on VJ. They explain the process and the documents.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.