moSu

AOS May 2011 Filers

84 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you Mosu im sure you will get an update soon too!! and it has been very helpful to share with all of you our experiences..im a little worried that i got the interview nitice but no changes in my i-765 application (work authorization) God bless

Wow Batya,

You've already got your interview date. Congratulations! Yours is moving very fast. Hope you'll get your EAD card soon, but like what the agent said if you get your GC, everything will be good from there. I'm sure i'll be feeling the same when i receive my interview notification - all emotions; excitement, happiness and definitely nervousness. I hope everything will be smooth for you from here.

Wishing you all the best,

moSu

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you Mosu im sure you will get an update soon too!! and it has been very helpful to share with all of you our experiences..im a little worried that i got the interview nitice but no changes in my i-765 application (work authorization) God bless

Hi everyone!

I am new here. Here is my journey with my husband so far:

10/2009 - met online

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisveille, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis

Like Batya, I was scheduled for an interview prior to receiving my EAD nor was there any update on my Case Status online. I saw in another thread last week that another VJ member,a May 2011 filer too, no EAD yet but with interview notice. This is good 'cause this seems fast for some of us. UGH the waiting, right?

However, my husband cannot include me in his car insurance policy yet because I don't have an SSN and DL ( State ID too) because I don't have my EAD yet. Our interview will be on July 25, 10am in Indianapolis. Same goes for health and life insurance policies. He was unemployed since Nov 2010 but got employed again in April 2011. We got the pay stubs and we will get the letter regarding his employment with rate and hours per NOA interview requirement. My question is, why no EAD still? Why was then interview scheduled first? Is this "normal"? So far I know 3 people, all May filers, in similar situation.

Also, I had my biometrics done in Louisville, KY CIS yet the interview for July 25 will be in Indianapolis CIS. Is this, again, "normal"? State-wise, should be Indianapolis CIS but distance-wise, we are closer to Louisville, KY.

Any inputs would be appreciated.

Thank you and good day!

:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

prep.mac WOW WOW WOW are you serious this is like what 1.5 months and interview date is already set? wow duude!

many asking this very question nowadays, you are not necessarily receive an EAD, you may or may not receive it. We also don't pay for it so can't really complain about it. Most importantly, you have your interview date, that is above all the most importance.

09/01/2002 - Came to USA on an F-1

-
03/11/2011 - (Day 01) - AOs Package Delivered

08/08/2011 - (Day 150) - Green Card arrived

-

04/30/2013 - (Day 00) - I-751 Package Sent

05/01/2013 - (Day 01) - I-751 Package Delivered

01/16/2014 - (Day 261) - I-751 Interview, verbal approval on the spot

04/08/2014 - (Day 343) - I-751 Approved

-

04/28/2014 - (Day 00) - N-400 Package Sent

04/30/2014 - (Day 01) - N-400 Package Delivered

05/03/2014 - (Day 04) - NOA Receipt Date

05/27/2014 - (Day 29) - Walk-In Biometrics (original date was 06/04/2014)

06/27/2014 - (Day 60) - In Line for Interviewing

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Interview in Long Island City Field Office, Result: RFE given

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Responded RFE

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - US Citizen

Timeline

prep.mac WOW WOW WOW are you serious this is like what 1.5 months and interview date is already set? wow duude!

many asking this very question nowadays, you are not necessarily receive an EAD, you may or may not receive it. We also don't pay for it so can't really complain about it. Most importantly, you have your interview date, that is above all the most importance.

Hi vkn & jsb!

Thank you!..been pretty fast, yes..:) In fact, there was delay of a week or so cuz of the medical RFE (I-693) I failed to submit..so yeah it's fast...considering we filed on our own, no lawyer involved. Spent a week learning the USCIS process, fill out forms and submitted attachments. My husband said he didnt wanna go thru the same thing again.hahah!

Still I am hoping I'd get my EAD sooner. I just got a job offer yesterday but could not start til I have my EAD and SSN. Of course, no car insurance inclusion yet.

Also, I noticed there are like 4 May filers from the midwest whose papers are all at the CSC being processed who got interview notices quickly..CSC is kicking!

Good luck to your July 27 interview! Pls update us here.

prep.mac

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malaysia
Timeline

Guys,

Your timeline makes us nervous.. Lol! 'Vkn & jsb, Prep.mac and Batya' Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! GOOD LUCK! Wish U guys All the BEST!

Edited by moSu

April 11th 2011 - Got Married in NY City Hall

May 16th 2011 - Text/Email receipt confirmation by USCIS

May 19th 2011 - Received NOA for I-485, I-130 & I-131

May 31st 2011 - Received NOA for I-765

June 4th 2011 - Received NOA for Biometrics 6/24/2011

June 24th 2011 - Done with Biometrics, Hopefully with no mistakes

July 5th 2011 - Online updates, EAC and AP approved

July 15th 2011 - Received EAD/AP card

Sept 26th 2011 - Online updates, Interview on Nov 1st

Sept 26th 2011 - Received Interview letter (Nov 1st,Federal Plaza,8:15am)

Nov 1st 2011 - Interview ~ Approved!

Nov 4th 2011 - Online Update ~ Card Production :D

Timeline

Thank you so much Mosu, still no EAD ugh ugh and UGH! i feel blessed my interview letter came in 2 months and a half.. keep us updated with your case and same to you... every day is a challenge of patience,waiting, etc... Wish u the BEST!

Guys,

Your timeline makes us nervous.. Lol! 'Vkn & jsb, Prep.mac and Batya' Good Luck! Good Luck! Good Luck! GOOD LUCK! Wish U guys All the BEST!

Timeline

Hi Everyone!

I got a text and email from USCIS yesterday saying my EAD card is on production. No NOA yet though. Hope it will be here next week as I do have a job waiting and the bills with my names too..hahah!

My husband has also applied for I-130 for my 3 yr old daughter and we have received the email and text message of receipt and acceptance, said the case was forwarded to CSC. No NOA yet.

Mosu!

It's ok..every case varies...like batya and vkn & jsb, we are praying for you, for all of us...yeah patience, patience, patience!

Happy July 4th, everyone!

prep.mac

My timeline:

10/2009 - met online

11/2010 - came here on B1/B2 visa

12/2010 - first meeting in person in Chicago, IL

03/2011 - moved in with him in IN

4/25/11 - got married in Mitchell, IN

5/02/11 - sent AOS packet (I-130/I-485/I-765) to Chicago Lockbox

5/04/11 - AOS packet received by Chicago Lockbox

5/23/11 - Received NOA for RFE (I-693)

5/27/11 - Sent RFE to DHS Lee's Summit, MO

6/02/11 - DHS Lee's Summit received REF reply

6/06/11 - Biometrics done at Louisville, KY as per NOA schedule

6/24/11 - Received NOA for July 25 interview in Indianapolis

6/30/11 – Received text and email messages EAD card on production

I-130 Petition for 3 yr old Stepchild

6/25/11 - Sent I-130 packet for stepchild

6/28/11 - Received text and email messages stating USCIS received it and moved case to CSC for processing

Timeline

Happy 4th of july! pre mac im very happy you got your EAD notice .. i can imagine how exciting you felt when you read the email haha like you said bills dont stop coming :) i have a good feeling about my EAD hopefully this week... best Luck for all of you, im praying for all of us, we all know this is not easy ,, this process comes with good and bad anxiety , i have 17 days left for my interview, my hubby and i are getting all documents together, photos, etc. God bless you all :)

Hello everyone,

My EAD just got approved on july 07, 2011. I am so excited.

Good luck to everyone

Mine approved July 7th too, yayyy!! Sooooooo happy!!!! :dance::dance::dance:

05/16/2011: Sent I-130, I-485, I-864, I-131 and I-756 to Chicago Lockbox facility via USPS Express Mail.

05/17/2011: (Day 1): Package received and signed by S BUSH.

05/23/2011: (Day 7): Email + text confirmation for all forms.

05/24/2011: (Day 8): Checks cashed. ($1490) Ouch!!

05/27/2011: (Day 11): NOA received in the mail for all 4 forms.

05/28/2011: (Day 12): Biometrics Appointment letter in mail. Scheduled for June 22nd!

06/03/2011: (Day 18): Email/text received RFE.

06/08/2011: (Day 23): Received RFE letter in mail. Asking for Medical Form, I-693! I sent it already with my application, but I guess they lost it! :/

06/21/2011: (Day 36): Sent RFE response. CS gave me another form I-693 completed and signed.

06/22/2011: (Day 37): RFE package received in Lee's Summit, MO.

06/22/2011: (Day 37): Biometrics done!

06/24/2011: (Day 39): Email/text RFE response received and under review.

07/07/2011: (Day 52): EAD/AP approved, card production ordered.

07/12/2011: (Day 57): Another text/email saying EAD card production ordered.

07/12/2011: (Day 57): Email/text interview appt date for August 16th!

07/14/2011: (Day 59): EAD/AP arrived!!! yayy, yayyy, yayyyyyy!!! :))))

Waiting...

Timeline

Hi guys,

July 5th, my EAC status was updated online to Card Production (Approved) and AP to Post Decision Activity (Approved). I didnt't receive any text msg or email though. Since I'm still attending school full time, I don't need EAC and AP for now but I'm still happy to see the progress. I've been checking USCIS online everyday for I-485 and I-130 updates. Have a great weekend!

Best Wishes,

moSu

Edited by moSu

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi!!! am glad that I found you guys...am one of the May filers too!! just finished my walk in biometric at Gardena, CA last Tuesday but no notice or any action from USCIS yet!!! I hope everything is going to be alright with our cases!!!!! Goodluck to all of us!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Happy 4th of july! pre mac im very happy you got your EAD notice .. i can imagine how exciting you felt when you read the email haha like you said bills dont stop coming :) i have a good feeling about my EAD hopefully this week... best Luck for all of you, im praying for all of us, we all know this is not easy ,, this process comes with good and bad anxiety , i have 17 days left for my interview, my hubby and i are getting all documents together, photos, etc. God bless you all :)

Goodluck to you!! lucky cuz I don't recieve anything yet about my EAD! even an approval! so am still waiting!!! am little bit woried too cuz I accidentally file I-130 too ...think wud undergo two interviews!! one for I-485 and one for I-130 sucks! good luck!

Timeline

Hi Kevzil,

I believe you're adjusting from K1, family based visa. This topic is for VJers adjusting from Work, Student or Tourist Visa :)

Here is the link for AOS from family based visa; http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/309207-may-aos-filers/ so that you can compare timelines, get the right advices, support and share the VJers' experience.

We're still happy to have you here since we are going through similar process.

Thank you so much for the best wishes! I wish you a smooth AOS journey as well!

Best Wishes,

moSu

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

I'm new here and I wanted to contribute. I am on F-1 visa and I am applying AOS based on marriage. I am from Minnesota. I filled for AOS on May 17th and I haven't got a biometrics appointment. My case status says "Initial Review". Below is my timeline.

04/10/2011: I-130 received @ Chicago lockbox

04/12/2011: Confirmation email & texts received

05/17/2011: I-485,I-765 & I-131 received @ Chicago lockbox

05/23/2011: Confirmation email & texts received.

I haven't heard anything from USCIS since May 23rd. Today is July 11th. That really hurts.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.