elmcitymaven

A modern proposal for VJ

30 posts in this topic

I was just discussing with another VJer about the recent uptick in the number of single, previously hitched (or even recently ditched) people on this site, and we thought of a possibly controversial idea. How about a VJ Singles forum? I mean, there aren't that many of us, and we are slightly far-flung, but hey -- so many of us met our prior partners online anyway, so clearly we're open to long-distance relationships. Also, depending on the status of the people involved, we might not have anything to do with the USCIS, which is certainly a plus, and our shared immigration travails will always be a point we have in common. I mean, since some people on here seem to have an issue with those of us for whom the journey has ended prematurely continuing to post on here, surely this could help us be valuable members of VJ going forward, with a real reason to be on here.

Or should I stop eating these funny brownies?unsure.gif

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

This idea is despicable, abominable, loathsome, disgusting.

That said, it does sound like it would fit in well here. There is already a great deal of "under the radar" referrals by members to other members for 'dating' (I use the term loosely) websites for Russian and Asian and South American women. To formalize the meat market that already exists would be the next logical step in the steady downward spiral of this once great website.

I didn't mean from OUTSIDE VJ -- I mean, intra-VJ connections. Although it would be kind of like dating your cousin. Your ill-mannered, backwoods, hick cousin.star_smile.gif

Filed: Timeline

I didn't mean from OUTSIDE VJ -- I mean, intra-VJ connections. Although it would be kind of like dating your cousin. Your ill-mannered, backwoods, hick cousin.star_smile.gif

It could be both. We could integrate the VJ dating feature with feeds from external sites. The men could see feeds from Russia, the Philippines and Colombia and the women could see feeds from the UK and the Middle East. Of course, these feeds would present profiles that coexist with intra-VJ profiles.

It could be really useful and could drive a lot more traffic to VJ.

I take it you have not been paying attention to the banner ads in the various regional forums, and no doubt, AsSense has already queued a few for this forum after this thread.

I have AdBlock, so I haven't seen an ad in years. tongue.gif

Getting back to the topic, surely there must be an untapped market for this. After all, we do have a Major Changes forum. Surely this is a logical extension?

Timeline

I was just discussing with another VJer about the recent uptick in the number of single, previously hitched (or even recently ditched) people on this site, and we thought of a possibly controversial idea. How about a VJ Singles forum? I mean, there aren't that many of us, and we are slightly far-flung, but hey -- so many of us met our prior partners online anyway, so clearly we're open to long-distance relationships. Also, depending on the status of the people involved, we might not have anything to do with the USCIS, which is certainly a plus, and our shared immigration travails will always be a point we have in common. I mean, since some people on here seem to have an issue with those of us for whom the journey has ended prematurely continuing to post on here, surely this could help us be valuable members of VJ going forward, with a real reason to be on here.

Or should I stop eating these funny brownies?unsure.gif

Put down the brownies and step away. This may be the worst idea ever heard here for the site.blink.gif

Now the worst thread move yesterday and now this.helpsmilie.gif

Put down the brownies and step away. This may be the worst idea ever heard here for the site.blink.gif

Now the worst thread move yesterday and now this.helpsmilie.gif

These brownies are yum.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

need a singles site try aff.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

How DARE you besmirch my honour? I am not only a lady, I am a STAR, if you recall.star_smile.gif

what,there's no ladies on aff? :lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!