47 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It would be helpful if you told us the wording of the RFE; you have given us your interpretation, but not the actual wording. It is extremely unusual for a petition to be denied for non-bonafide relationship.

I have an additional question: were either of you married before? If so, when did you divorce?

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It would be helpful if you told us the wording of the RFE; you have given us your interpretation, but not the actual wording. It is extremely unusual for a petition to be denied for non-bonafide relationship.

I have an additional question: were either of you married before? If so, when did you divorce?

well i don't have it now coz i am at work and i have to make scan for it first , and i have never been married before , my wife been married 2 times one divorced from long time when she was like 25 and the other one dead from like 3 years ago , that's it

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i already answer about the reasons of given me denial . about RFE they asked us for everything like we didn't sent them anything even marriage papers and translate where we stayed , pics , Emails , firends letters , everything from 0 and they call it more prove , it was strange coz we send them alot of things include marriage papers with translate and apartment contrat with translate and they asked again for all , and we send all again start from marriage papers till letters from firends , the age diffrent is 12 years between me and my wife , she is older than me ,

You gave your interpretation of the RFE and your response and your opinion that the reasons for denying the petition were nonsense but you did not actually give specifics of the RFE or your response and you did not give the actual wording USCIS used as their reason for denial.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

i don't ignore Q , maybe i miss it coz i am at work too , she become muslims before we get married like 4 months before we get married , we have 12 years diffrent between us , she is older than me i am 30 and she is 42 years old , any other Q i miss ?

Your red flags are the following

1. Reverse age difference of 12 years is culturally abnormal.

2. She doesn't have a good job.

3. She converted to Islam in order to marry you.

4. It's culturally unusual for a young Muslim man to marry a divorced woman. Twice divorced, even more unusual.

You can't change any of the above, but it all fits a common fraud scenario for young men coming from your part of the world.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

You gave your interpretation of the RFE and your response and your opinion that the reasons for denying the petition were nonsense but you did not actually give specifics of the RFE or your response and you did not give the actual wording USCIS used as their reason for denial.

i am talking about what happened already , after waiting 7 months they sent us RFE asking for everything from first , all u can imagine like u just start to prepering for ur case . when we sent them everything like they asked and sure explained why there was no wedding and why when she come it was short visit first time and explained all , they sent us that denied . that's it by smiple way

Your red flags are the following

1. Reverse age difference of 12 years is culturally abnormal.

2. She doesn't have a good job.

3. She converted to Islam in order to marry you.

4. It's culturally unusual for a young Muslim man to marry a divorced woman. Twice divorced, even more unusual.

You can't change any of the above, but it all fits a common fraud scenario for young men coming from your part of the world.

let me tell u something , i do know that there is alot of bad experiance american government take from egypt ppl who's doing that but that not mean all is the same . they can't put all in one pocket , secend she have a good job as long as it's not against of law and can sponser me . she didn't converted islam in oerder to marry me , she did that coz she wanted that , i didn't even asked her to be a muslim coz it's something between anyone and god , not between me and her to do that for me or marry me , coz i am as muslim allow to marry christian woman . and not all ppl like me will be fruad coz i am young man and she is older woman , i know someone his wife older than him by 35 years and he is there now from short time from egypt . so i don't think if about fruad , he will never be there with that age diffrent 35 years diffrent plus she is become mulims too and pls don't tell me it's diffrent from case to case coz 35 years diffrent is big but still not mean they are fruad coz we don't know thier setations special when it come to destiny . ,

Edited by Super_Sadness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

We are not saying you are a fraud. We are saying there are a lot of unusual circumstances in your case, and so the USCIS will look VERY closely at your case- doesn't mean you won;t be approved second time around, but it will be difficult. In order to help, we need to know details, not your interpretation of them. Hopefully the wording of the RFE (don;t forget to black out your personal details if you scan it) and your exact list of what you sent in response will allow us to help you more.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

let me tell u something ,

If you actually want help, tell us exactly what we're asking you to tell us. Nobody is accusing you of fraud. We're trying to explain to you why it is so critically important that you give us the details instead of your interpretation of them. We know enough to know there is something BIG going on in your case to have the PETITION denied. Visa denials are a different animal. Petition denials are pretty rare. There's something missing here. We can't help without the details.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

if you are so sure of yourself,your intentions and so on,you shouldnt get worried when people say cases that are fraud base are this and this.

First of all calm down.

"Sabrun Jamilun-Patience is Beautiful" right?

You need to get everything that you sent to them and try to work out what it was that caused them to deny you.

You live in Saudi Arabia and she is Muslim. How did you marry her? If you married her in Egypt then you got married in the Egyptian state marriage right?

The family didn't have to be there for the Nikkah(contract) but it would seem weird that a first time married man would not have had a walimah( Marriage feast). Even though someone died, In Islam unless it was your spouse you dont have a mourning period, so having a walimah wouldnt have been a major issue.

So what you need to do now is make sure when you file this packet again, that every thing is in order.

Your wife is Muslim so she can get an Umrah(religious pilgrimage) visa to visit you in KSA. I know Umrah costs a lot but if you are there, all you will need to come up with is the plane ticket and visa cost. She can get a visa if you are in KSA as you will be her mahram(guardian).

You need to start formulating an iron clad packet (As much as you can).

You are younger than her and she is older, In Islam this is not a problem because the Prophet married Khadijah but still in the West especially with Immigration fraud these are flags.

I was just speaking to an American friend who is considering marrying a Syrian that she has only met and spoken to online. He wants to marry her and she asked me if this sounded right. Shes 55 and he is 25. Thats a flag to me but

the fact that he has 3 young children that will be coming with him plus she is going to be working in Dubai makes me less wary of his intentions. America is usually the goal.

I know plenty of white American reverts to Islam who got burned by men from the Middle East who only wanted a green card.

That is how they are seeing you and you cant pretend that it is not relevant.

Start from the very beginning. Get letters from your family, try and make that Umrah trip. Do whatever you can to build your case so that this time around, you will not be denied. Insha Allah.(If God Wills)

Edited by Myopia

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Timeline

First of all calm down.

"Sabrun Jamilun-Patience is Beautiful" right?

You need to get everything that you sent to them and try to work out what it was that caused them to deny you.

You live in Saudi Arabia and she is Muslim. How did you marry her? If you married her in Egypt then you got married in the Egyptian state marriage right?

The family didn't have to be there for the Nikkah(contract) but it would seem weird that a first time married man would not have had a walimah( Marriage feast). Even though someone died, In Islam unless it was your spouse you dont have a mourning period, so having a walimah wouldnt have been a major issue.

So what you need to do now is make sure when you file this packet again, that every thing is in order.

Your wife is Muslim so she can get an Umrah(religious pilgrimage) visa to visit you in KSA. I know Umrah costs a lot but if you are there, all you will need to come up with is the plane ticket and visa cost. She can get a visa if you are in KSA as you will be her mahram(guardian).

You need to start formulating an iron clad packet (As much as you can).

You are younger than her and she is older, In Islam this is not a problem because the Prophet married Khadijah but still in the West especially with Immigration fraud these are flags.

I was just speaking to an American friend who is considering marrying a Syrian that she has only met and spoken to online. He wants to marry her and she asked me if this sounded right. Shes 55 and he is 25. Thats a flag to me but

the fact that he has 3 young children that will be coming with him plus she is going to be working in Dubai makes me less wary of his intentions. America is usually the goal.

I know plenty of white American reverts to Islam who got burned by men from the Middle East who only wanted a green card.

That is how they are seeing you and you cant pretend that it is not relevant.

Start from the very beginning. Get letters from your family, try and make that Umrah trip. Do whatever you can to build your case so that this time around, you will not be denied. Insha Allah.(If God Wills)

while like i said they review each case individually,they dont go by islamic rules and traditions,but rather Arabic/Egyptian culture,the officers are americans living in america after all.they dont care when prophet married Khadijaeh,granted it was what,1000 something years ago and she was in a great situation financially.if he had to go through a system like US immigration system today i can sure he would have gotten accused of fraud as well.

OP needs to take his guard down,he knows the red flags,we know the red flags,the solution is easy ,front load with evidence next time so they cant use the age difference or the short period of her converting to islam or her job or her divorces on them.it will cost a fortune but it is what it is

Edited by thelastpetitioner

while like i said they review each case individually,they dont go by islamic rules and traditions,but rather Arabic/Egyptian culture,the officers are americans living in america after all.they dont care when prophet married Khadijaeh,granted it was what,1000 something years ago and she was in a great situation financially.if he had to go through a system like US immigration system today i can sure he would have gotten accused of fraud as well.

OP needs to take his guard down,he knows the red flags,we know the red flags,the solution is easy ,front load with evidence next time so they cant use the age difference or the short period of her converting to islam or her job or her divorces on them.it will cost a fortune but it is what it is

I am very aware that USCIS do not go by Islamic rules and traditions. I wasn't making a case that USCIS have to go by Islamic traditions.

At the end of the day this is his life and it is not strange in Egyptian culture for a man to marry an older woman. I have several friends in Egypt married to younger Egyptians and this was not strange or weird in their husbands culture. I also have friends here in the US married to Egyptians. The problem that I see isn't so much the age or the culture but the fact that there was sketchy evidence of actual marriage time which is why I suggested the wife tried to go on Umrah to Saudi Arabia so that that could be another strong proof of their togetherness.

10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin

03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Timeline

I am very aware that USCIS do not go by Islamic rules and traditions. I wasn't making a case that USCIS have to go by Islamic traditions.

At the end of the day this is his life and it is not strange in Egyptian culture for a man to marry an older woman. I have several friends in Egypt married to younger Egyptians and this was not strange or weird in their husbands culture. I also have friends here in the US married to Egyptians. The problem that I see isn't so much the age or the culture but the fact that there was sketchy evidence of actual marriage time which is why I suggested the wife tried to go on Umrah to Saudi Arabia so that that could be another strong proof of their togetherness.

see this is OP being unlucky,because age difference in itself isnt a red flag,but when its age difference and the beneficiary is from a high fraud country,thats when things go south.

i dont think umrah gives them enough time,they got denied at the bay.we cant keep on speculating tho,hopefully its not a matter of the amount of time they have been married but rather lack of evidence or something simple that can be easily prevented next time

see this is OP being unlucky,because age difference in itself isnt a red flag,but when its age difference and the beneficiary is from a high fraud country,thats when things go south.

i dont think umrah gives them enough time,they got denied at the bay.we cant keep on speculating tho,hopefully its not a matter of the amount of time they have been married but rather lack of evidence or something simple that can be easily prevented next time

Umrah places the wife and husband in the same country doing something that only a husband and wife can do together.

Remember Saudi Arabia wont allow an unmarried woman to travel there alone for Umrah unless she is over 45 and so it would be a nice additional proof od bonafide marriage.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Timeline

Umrah places the wife and husband in the same country doing something that only a husband and wife can do together.

Remember Saudi Arabia wont allow an unmarried woman to travel there alone for Umrah unless she is over 45 and so it would be a nice additional proof od bonafide marriage.

she is married tho

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.