Aleno

Packet for K3 visa received directly from embassy

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Everyone,

a strange thing happened today, i had filed i129f for k3 and i130 for my spouse in pakistan . as the prcedure going on these days ,both petetions got approved at same time and were sent to NVC on 3/28.2011.Today on 4/4/11 i received an email from embassy in islamabad that they have received my k3 petetion and instructed me to submitt documentation directly to couslate in islamabad. NVC says that they have received both petetions and i129f was forwarded to embassy. My question is why they forwarded i129F instead of i130 when they say that if they receive both petetions together i129f will be administratively closed and they will continue on with i130? Even though it saved me the whole process of NVC and now i am directly dealing with embassy, but is it normal? any thoughts/suggestions?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Not normal, unless NVC had to hold up the I-130 for some reason, have you contacted NVC and asked about this?

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2993.html#4

It may have to do with what can and cannot be handled by the consulate in Pakistan.

I would be contacting NVC and asking about this, and considering just doing the CR-1 anyway, it will save you all the additional paperwork in the USA to adjust status, and the added hassles of not having green-card until AOS is complete.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

CR-1 Visa is way better than K-3. You wont have to pay thousand of dollars to adjust your wifes status. When she gets in the USA she will have the green card and the social security card already. You will save lots of money. I would call NVC again and would ask more informations. :thumbs:

visit my blog! :)http://brazilianspouse.blogspot.com/

Married: 07/27/2010

I 130 Sent: 10/22/2010

NOA1: 10/27/2010

NOA2: 03/11/2011

NVC Received: 03/28/2011

Emailed DS-3032: 03/30/2011

Paid online AOS fee: 03/31/2011

Paid online IV fee: 04/01/2011

Mailed I-864 package: 04/15/2011

Mailed IV package: 04/15/2011

SIF: 05/11/2011

Case Completed: 05/12/2011

Interview date assigned: 05/16/2011

Medical: 05/27/2011

Interview: 06/29/2011

POE at Lax: 08/10/2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

My question is why they forwarded i129F instead of i130 when they say that if they receive both petetions together i129f will be administratively closed and they will continue on with i130?

Something UNIQUE occurred with those two casefiles - I STRONGLY suggest you call NVC, get a Human, and inquire.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Something UNIQUE occurred with those two casefiles - I STRONGLY suggest you call NVC, get a Human, and inquire.

i have called them three times and its the same answer that they received 129f two days before 130 so they forwarded it to embassy and now

i must continue on with K3 if i want to save time coz it will take atleast 8 weeks for them to call off the k3 petetion and put on the IR1

petetion . so the ball is in my court now, i either tell them that i want to continue with 130 and lose another two months or i just go ahead with K3 and save time and spend more money to adjust status once she is here. Well i think i dont have much of a choice now since i am already waiting for 2 years and cant afford to lose another 2 months + processing time, its too damn tough to live without your loved ones. So K3 it is for me, and something rare for all readers just to increase their knowledge. Best of luck to all in the black hole.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

i have called them three times and its the same answer that they received 129f two days before 130 so they forwarded it to embassy and now

i must continue on with K3 if i want to save time coz it will take atleast 8 weeks for them to call off the k3 petetion and put on the IR1

petetion . so the ball is in my court now, i either tell them that i want to continue with 130 and lose another two months or i just go ahead with K3 and save time and spend more money to adjust status once she is here. Well i think i dont have much of a choice now since i am already waiting for 2 years and cant afford to lose another 2 months + processing time, its too damn tough to live without your loved ones. So K3 it is for me, and something rare for all readers just to increase their knowledge. Best of luck to all in the black hole.

No, you do NOT have to do anything about the K3 unless you want to. Just don't return what's asked for in the P3 and follow the CR1 route. You have a lot of work to do before NVC will be ready to forward the I-130 to the Consulate, so which path you take is a unique choice, YOU get to make.

The key here is that somehow your I-129F arrived two days before your I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey - 2 days is 2 days. I declare ANOMOLY.

Your choice on what to do.

What a Lovely Choice !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.