ddss2k

k-1 Single Status - Lay off

30 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

hello,

does anyone know if we need to obtain proof of single status for k-1 interview? if we do how do we get it?

I just got lay off yesterday, if I have 40,000 in asset would that be enough for k-1 visa?

Thank you

You don't need proof of single status for a K1. Your fiancee will need copies of divorce decrees for the interview, yours and hers.

$40K is assets is enough to qualify, but you might have a tough time with an I-134 in HCMC using assets only. What point are you at in the process? Do you have time to find another job?

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

thank you everyone for your inputs. I received NOA2 Feb 14 and just call NVC today and found out that my file has sent to the embassy on the Feb 18. I start look for the job on the day i got laid off. as you know it hard to find job at this time. I will keep looking and hopefully I will have a job before the package 3 and 4.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

You don't need proof of single status for a K1. Your fiancee will need copies of divorce decrees for the interview, yours and hers.

$40K is assets is enough to qualify, but you might have a tough time with an I-134 in HCMC using assets only. What point are you at in the process? Do you have time to find another job?

Jim, $40K in assets qualifies for HCMC? ($18,212 x 3) is greater than 40K. Don't you think that is unlikely?

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

hello,

does anyone know if we need to obtain proof of single status for k-1 interview? if we do how do we get it?

I just got lay off yesterday, if I have 40,000 in asset would that be enough for k-1 visa?

Thank you

I am also interested in this,,,,, I had a failed K-1from2009-2010, I went to Viet Nam [2nd trip],,,,I have some red flags to fix and her English has improved. But, I also lost my job before I went. I had fun and enjoyed being with my lady. So now I look for work, very actively. My trade is water and sewer utility work, average yearly income for these skills in North Carolina is $28,000 to $35,000

I have a house on a30 acre farm with a tax value of just over $200,000 and also some stock maybe $30,000. I own the farm ,it has been paid off, there is no mortgage.

My parent has offered to help as co sponsor. During my time off of work, I have been assisting them, as they are both in their mid 80's

I have not started my paperwork , as I wanted to have at least 4months of paychecks to show

thanks again I respect and value your opinions

chippo

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My parent has offered to help as co sponsor. During my time off of work, I have been assisting them, as they are both in their mid 80's

I have not started my paperwork , as I wanted to have at least 4months of paychecks to show

thanks again I respect and value your opinions

chippo

My understanding is that HCMC doesn't allow co-sponsors.

Timeline

Jim, $40K in assets qualifies for HCMC? ($18,212 x 3) is greater than 40K. Don't you think that is unlikely?

Geez, I don't know what I was thinking. Yeah, obviously $40K in assets alone isn't enough to qualify. :bonk:

Timeline

So I need min. 55,000 in assets? I can't believe I got lay off at this time.

Is confusedaheck right about no co-sponsor in HCMC?

Thanks

that is what i hear, or it is a very rare event, ( from the stories I hear , they make their own rules in HCM ) I wish you luck, and i think you will find work soon, it may not be the glamor job you want or are use to, but it will fill the void,and make the ends meet. Dont give up ,keep the faith, remember she is worth it, and that my friend is why we are all on here

Timeline

They look at last years tax returns to qualify for the visa so the money in bank does not help in that regard but may help in being unemployed and yes they do require a single status for a K-1 or they did when I did mine a couple of years ago along with the divorce decree. They will take a co sponsor for a CR1 but for a K-1 it is near impossible.

If you made more than enough last year to qualify then you should be fine. Try to find any kind of job for the visa no matter how uncouth. I lost my long time employer by believe it or not for marrying a foreigner but went to work for a low grade company and quit the day my wife got a pink. (Ok the following week) What you need is that employer letter and good income from last year. Send in a copy of the deed to that property and the good bank statement as icing on the cake. Most here will say not needed but why not show positives? The pink and visa is the object here after all.

Timeline

They look at last years tax returns to qualify for the visa so the money in bank does not help in that regard but may help in being unemployed and yes they do require a single status for a K-1 or they did when I did mine a couple of years ago along with the divorce decree. They will take a co sponsor for a CR1 but for a K-1 it is near impossible.

They require a single status from the USC petitioner? This isn't in the packet 3 or packet 4 instructions. I didn't provide this, and was never asked to provide it. My understanding was that this is something that's only required if you plan to get married in Vietnam. It's also practically useless since the only thing you can get in the US is a statement that there's no current marriage recorded in the state you live in. They wouldn't know if you had married in one of the other 49 states or in another country.

Anyone else who had to submit proof of single status? :unsure:

Timeline

Thank you everyone for advices.

yes indeed,,,,thank you all. Still any more info or thoughts on financial or support, would be appreciated.

just knowing there is someone in the same row boat as you makes it easier, despite where your row boat is.

chippo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.