Ximena143

Fiance Letter of Intent

21 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I need help....I am a bit confused....On the Fiance Letter of Intent there is this section that I do not understand. I will paste the section that I am talking about below....

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

Where it says "name of country where Embassy is located" What do I put for my letter of intent and what do I put for my Fiance's. I am From California and he is from Mexico. On his do I put down the Embassy in Mexico? For mine do I put the Embassy in California??

Please help....

Thanks=D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Thanks....

But...what about for my letter of intent. I live in California. Do I put Mexico as well? I put his embassy?

Both of you have to have two letter of intent. First addressed to USCIS address. Another one to US Embassy in Mexico where she gonna have interview later.

*K1 JOURNEY

2010-07-16****K1 Petition Sent Out

2010-08-08****NOA1 Hardcopy

2011-05-20****POE LAX

2011-06-20****Wedding

AOS:

2011-08-18****AOS Package Sent.

2011-09-29****Biometric Appt. Dover, Delaware

2011-10-18****RFE reply

2011-12-13****GC in hand

AP:

2011-10-31****File AP

2011-11-08****NOA1

2011-11-14****AP Approved

ROC:

2013-10-22***Package Sent

2013-11-03***Check Cashed

2013-11-05***NOA1
2013-11-25***Biometrics

2014-02-06***GC in hand dancin5hr.gif

5b904a1af6.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Both of you have to have two letter of intent. First addressed to USCIS address. Another one to US Embassy in Mexico where she gonna have interview later.

Wait so for the first step you need to send a total of 4 letters of intent: 2 from me and 2 from my fiancee - one being addressed to the Service Center and the other to the embassy?

I thought for the firs step it's only one from each, both addressed to the Service Center (in my case Vermont) and then for the interview packet we again submit a letter of intent, this time addressed to the embassy... Or do you put both addressed on one letter for each?

Can you confirm one way or the other....

Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Hello Everyone,

I need help....I am a bit confused....On the Fiance Letter of Intent there is this section that I do not understand. I will paste the section that I am talking about below....

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

Where it says "name of country where Embassy is located" What do I put for my letter of intent and what do I put for my Fiance's. I am From California and he is from Mexico. On his do I put down the Embassy in Mexico? For mine do I put the Embassy in California??

Please help....

Thanks=D

I think you are confused, your letter of intent is a personal letter of your intent to marry your partner and a little information on how you met.

You are talking about the 129f form?

You are talking about Q20. Your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at American embassy/consulate at? city / Country. You would put Mexico and the city he lives in.

You don't need to write anything like this on your letter of intent nor does he. Funny only my fiance here in the US wrote a letter of intent not me.

I hope this helps and I think this is what you mean.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Wait so for the first step you need to send a total of 4 letters of intent: 2 from me and 2 from my fiancee - one being addressed to the Service Center and the other to the embassy?

I thought for the firs step it's only one from each, both addressed to the Service Center (in my case Vermont) and then for the interview packet we again submit a letter of intent, this time addressed to the embassy... Or do you put both addressed on one letter for each?

Can you confirm one way or the other....

Thanks!

For the package you send to USCIS, it is one letter from each of you that is addressed to the Service Center.

For the interview stage, it is one letter from each of you (with a date closer to your interview date) that is addressed to the embassy.

I think you are confused, your letter of intent is a personal letter of your intent to marry your partner and a little information on how you met.

You are talking about Q20. Your fiance will apply for a visa abroad at American embassy/consulate at? city / Country. You would put Mexico and the city he lives in.

You don't need to write anything like this on your letter of intent nor does he. Funny only my fiance here in the US wrote a letter of intent not me.

The OP is not confused. An updated letter of intent is to be brought with the beneficiary to the interview. The updated letter of intent should have the embassy's address on it. The letter of intent does not need information on how they met. It simply needs to state that both sides are willing and able to get legally married within 90 days of arrival to the United States using the K1 Visa.

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

For the package you send to USCIS, it is one letter from each of you that is addressed to the Service Center.

For the interview stage, it is one letter from each of you (with a date closer to your interview date) that is addressed to the embassy.

The OP is not confused. An updated letter of intent is to be brought with the beneficiary to the interview. The updated letter of intent should have the embassy's address on it. The letter of intent does not need information on how they met. It simply needs to state that both sides are willing and able to get legally married within 90 days of arrival to the United States using the K1 Visa.

Thank you! That's what I thought!

Timeline

Yes, I am talking about the I29F. It says that we both have to send a Fiance letter of intent stating that we are willing to marry each other within the 90 days of my fiance's arrival. I got the Fiance Letter of Intent template from the K1 checklist.

Yes, I am talking about the I29F. It says that we both have to send a Fiance letter of intent stating that we are willing to marry each other within the 90 days of my fiance's arrival. I got the Fiance Letter of Intent template from the K1 checklist.

Yes, the letters that are sent with the petition have the USCIS Service Center address on it. You do not need updated letters with the embassy's address until the interview stage.

Timeline

Yes, the letters that are sent with the petition have the USCIS Service Center address on it. You do not need updated letters with the embassy's address until the interview stage.

Thank you so much=D

The USCIS Service Center address is this one:

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

correct?

I have another question..... On the K1 checklist it says to send one passport photo of each, but on the forums I have read some people saying to send in 2 passport photos of each....I'm confused....Do I send 1 passport photo of each? or 2 passport photos of each???

Thanks for your help..

You can go ahead and put that address if you don't know which service center you'll be sent to, yes. I personally would find out which service center services the state that you're filing from. It's likely that Texas is going to forward it there.

With my petition, I included only one passport photo of myself and my fiance. I attached them to the G-325A with a paperclip.

Timeline

You can go ahead and put that address if you don't know which service center you'll be sent to, yes. I personally would find out which service center services the state that you're filing from. It's likely that Texas is going to forward it there.

With my petition, I included only one passport photo of myself and my fiance. I attached them to the G-325A with a paperclip.

Thank you so much. I appreciate your help=D

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

If you're writing the letters for the I129f petition, it's usually expected that you'll write a little something about how/where/when you met and the basic timeline of your relationship in less than a page. If the adjudicators are reading 20 of these a day, and determining your eligibility for a visa (ie. have you met in person in the last 2 years, and do you now intend to live together in the States), originality is good, I was told.

On the other hand, when submitting the Intent to Marry letters at the interview stage (at least at my consulate), they really just need you to declare that you are free and willing to legally marry within 90 days of using the K1 visa.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.