FaithfulandTrue

Interview letter, finally

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi.. We received our interview letter in December and our Interview is on January 20, 2011 at 12:00p.m... they also sent a list of things for us to bring, like letters from our bank stating when the accounts were converted to joint accounts, tax returns, and affidavits.. we submitted 6 affidavits in the first place.. now they are asking for at least 2, 1 needs to be from a neighbor.. most of our neighbors keep to themselves except for one.. I did ask her if she would do one but she doesn't know a lot.. so i will have to introduce him to her.. I could go on about the things they want but i don't have the letter with me right now.. what if we can't get anymore affidavits, then what... is it the fact that we were separated for so long that they are doing this.. we don't know what to expect.. any suggestions? thanks :thumbs:

Passage Revelation 19:11:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"satan is real and he's playing for keeps
God is realer and we are His sheep
which side are you on, CHOOSE, start moving your feet
choose JESUS and have ETERNAL PEACE" by GOD to me on 9/26/10 about 2am
Thank you Jesus!!!!

Bebe and Cece Winans Heaven

Abdel Halim Hafez Qariat al Fingan

Besides the 6 affidavits, what evidence did you submit?

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry for the long delay.. we had to get our information back from the atty.. he sent a few bank statements, the affidavits, 1 picture, the poem that I wrote about my husband, a few(1 or 2)phone bills,.. not much information at all, although I gave him a big file to use.. I told my husband we could do it ourselves, but we were both nervous so I found an atty for him.. the atty said he won't go to the interview and if he does go he will charge a WHOLE lot.. I was so disappointed when I saw our file.. he didn't even tell us that we needed 2 passport photos nor did he send the medical information.. bummer :crying:

11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Sorry for the long delay.. we had to get our information back from the atty.. he sent a few bank statements, the affidavits, 1 picture, the poem that I wrote about my husband, a few(1 or 2)phone bills,.. not much information at all, although I gave him a big file to use.. I told my husband we could do it ourselves, but we were both nervous so I found an atty for him.. the atty said he won't go to the interview and if he does go he will charge a WHOLE lot.. I was so disappointed when I saw our file.. he didn't even tell us that we needed 2 passport photos nor did he send the medical information.. bummer :crying:

You are not required to submit any medical form or passport photos.

2001-2008 F1

08/2008 - AOS VSC

07/2009 - end of 8yrs of grad sch

02/14/09 - ID, GC approved

02/27/09 - CGC rcvd

11/16/2010 - 751 sent - CSC

03/29/2011 - 751 approved

11/15/11 - N400 Sent

11/18/11 - Notice Date

01/27/12 - Interview Date

03/15/12 - Oath Ceremony

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

You are not required to submit any medical form or passport photos.

I think every interview letter says "bring 2 photos".

Timeline

I think every interview letter says "bring 2 photos".

Yea that's what the letter says.. it also says for me to get a current letter from my employer about my employment there jobs held, and health insurance information.. I didn't have a letter from my employer when he sent off the file but I did have our health insurance information.. the atty didn't send that.. we sent 6 affidavits and now this letter says bring two, 1 from a neighbor.. but our neighbors don't know us that well to write one.. some of the utilities bills I paid online and they were in my name.. but I can't get those from 2008.. any suggestions :unsure: and will they likely do a stokes interview since we were separated for 8 months.. plus we really don't have any pictures together from 2008.. I have pictures of him and my daughter or other people because I was taking the pictures... :unsure:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

I'm surprised they really want those affidavits... I mean, anyone could write those up, and every hobo could sign them... it wouldn't mean much to me if I was the I.O. Isn't this like some standardized letter where they name all these things?

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Timeline

I'm surprised they really want those affidavits... I mean, anyone could write those up, and every hobo could sign them... it wouldn't mean much to me if I was the I.O. Isn't this like some standardized letter where they name all these things?

Yes, I believe so.. but in our case, we're going to try and do what they asked for.. we really don't know what to expect.. stokes, etc... I do not want to be asked stupid questions like what did you eat last Wednesday.. heck I don't even remember where I park in the morning at work sometimes or at the store :wacko:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Is this a letter from the attorney asking you to bring all this stuff? By medical do you mean an updated medical exam? If so, just bring that with you to the interview. The six affidavits are OTT if you ask me. We had no affidavits but brought photos of us with our respective families. I would bring more photos and any joint mail or joint account info you have with you to the interview. Pictures don't have to be dated or anything. Have someone take a few photos of you two together before the interview and take the ones you have with him and your daughter.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Is this a letter from the attorney asking you to bring all this stuff? By medical do you mean an updated medical exam? If so, just bring that with you to the interview. The six affidavits are OTT if you ask me. We had no affidavits but brought photos of us with our respective families. I would bring more photos and any joint mail or joint account info you have with you to the interview. Pictures don't have to be dated or anything. Have someone take a few photos of you two together before the interview and take the ones you have with him and your daughter.

Immigration is asking for these things.. they want to know about the health insurance.. I said medical by mistake... the atty wanted to do 6 affidavits and we still got called for an interview.. we have really no photos but maybe 2 together in 2008.. a few 01/09. then we separated from 02/09-10/09.. we reunited 10/09/09.. we have a few for later that year.. a few for 2010 before sending the 751 and a few afterward.. no cards from family or friends, although they know we're married.. the computer I ordered from dell in 10/10, I tried to tell them to put both names on the invoice but they didn't.. most of the pictures I have of my husband and other people and that one picture of us was on our old computer and I accidently deleted the user account without saving them to a flashdrive.... we will try to bring all that we can.. but we don't know about the questions they will ask.. I mean we live together and all, but sometimes don't get out to do a lot of things because of our work schedules.. he's off during the week and I'm off on the weekend.. so when I get home I help with homework, cook(or buy takeout :bonk: alot).. then he comes home from work and he's really tired.. this is my third marriage :bonk: and with my first 2 I don't have any pictures of us together.. but we were married.. oh well.. just trying to think about what's in that file they have in front of them and the silly questions they will ask.. thanks for your responses everyone :thumbs:

Thank you Jesus!!!!

It seems like they may be doubting the legitimacy of your marriage. You gave the "lawyer" a whole file, but he sent so little evidence and now he doesn't want to go fix the mess he created? Another clear example of why you don't need a lawyer for these simple cases. All a lawyer can do is fck things up.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.