Bad_Daddy

Christmas trees 'provocative:' Nazareth suburb's mayor

33 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

sure...

As you're Channeling Keith Olbermann nightly.

:whistle:

You mean to tell me you watch the big KO? I don't often get to see him due to my work schedule. He really knows how to rip apart right-wingers! Almost made me feel sorry for gwb once. But no, I haven't seen him refer to this story. Maybe you saw it there?

With all the money American taxpayers and charities pump into Israel, is it ok for their government officials to promote one religion over another? Muslim governments are criticized here for policies favoring Islam. Is the same criticism applicable in this case?

You have a point. What say we push for lighting a giant Menorah in Mecca in exchange for Christmas tree's in Israeli town squares?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • July 16, 2006 Met in person on her birthday in United Arab Emirates
  • August 4, 2006 sent certified mail I-129F packet Neb SC
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • August 21, 2006 received NOA1 in mail
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!
  • February 12, 2007 Abu Dhabi Interview SUCCESS!!! February 14 Visa in hand!
  • March 6, 2007 she is here!
  • MARCH 14, 2007 WE ARE MARRIED!!!
  • May 5, 2007 Sent AOS/EAD packet
  • May 11, 2007 NOA1 AOS/EAD
  • June 7, 2007 Biometrics appointment
  • June 8, 2007 first post biometrics touch, June 11, next touch...
  • August 1, 2007 AOS Interview! APPROVED!! EAD APPROVED TOO...
  • August 6, 2007 EAD card and Welcome Letter received!
  • August 13, 2007 GREEN CARD received!!! 375 days since mailing the I-129F!

Remove Conditions:

• May 1, 2009 first day to file
  • May 9, 2009 mailed I-751 to USCIS CS

Timeline

You have a point. What say we push for lighting a giant Menorah in Mecca in exchange for Christmas tree's in Israeli town squares?

Isn't that what we did in Washington dc, swore off religous displays ... except for Menorahs of course.

A National Hanukkah Menorah is lit on the White House grounds, at the Ellipse during the eight day Jewish holiday commemorating the Jewish Maccabees' military victory over Syrian oppression more than 2,000 years ago. During Hanukkah, Jews across the world celebrate the miracle of light that burnt for eight days out of a single-days-worth of oil found in the Temple. One Hanukkah candle is lit the first night, and an additional candle is lit each successive night. The holiday is a celebration of religious freedom and hope.

Menorah.jpg

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

This might reflect what tends to happen anyway, Christians and Jews 'resolve' their problems by dumping on Muslims. Doesn't really seem like such a good idea.

This might reflect what tends to happen anyway, Christians and Jews 'resolve' their problems by dumping on Muslims. Doesn't really seem like such a good idea.

We display a Menorah and Star and Crescent at the National Christmas Tree display.

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1
  • October 4, 5, 7, 13 & 17 2006 Touches! 50 day address change... Yes Judith is beautiful, quit staring at her passport photo and approve us!!! Shaming works! LOL
  • October 13, 2006 NOA2! November 2, 2006 NOA2? Huh? NVC already processed and sent us on to Abu Dhabi Consulate!

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

We display a Menorah and Star and Crescent at the National Christmas Tree display.

I think we set a good example by doing this. I would hope that this bit of symbolism could be truly reflective of our official and collective personal attitudes. I think we still have work to do there. Tolerance and respect might defuse some of the tension and hostility that, if not abated, may result in great loss of life and fortune on both (all three?) sides.

Timeline

I think we set a good example by doing this. I would hope that this bit of symbolism could be truly reflective of our official and collective personal attitudes. I think we still have work to do there. Tolerance and respect might defuse some of the tension and hostility that, if not abated, may result in great loss of life and fortune on both (all three?) sides.

Wonder if all that tolerance allows for a Cross on that tree as well>?

William Penn

What do christmas trees actually have to do with xmas?

It's not as though pine trees are exactly common in that part of the world....

Pine tree's ? Here in the west part of the states we usually use Noble fir's or Norwegian Spruce.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedrus_libani

Lebanon Cedar

Edited by Why_Me

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What do christmas trees actually have to do with xmas?

It's not as though pine trees are exactly common in that part of the world....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_log

"The Yule log was originally an entire tree, that was carefully chosen and brought into the house with great ceremony with the purpose being to provide maximum warmth and endurance."

It was apparently adopted into the Christmas tradition in sixteenth-century Germany.

Timeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yule_log

"The Yule log was originally an entire tree, that was carefully chosen and brought into the house with great ceremony with the purpose being to provide maximum warmth and endurance."

It was apparently adopted into the Christmas tradition in sixteenth-century Germany.

The pagans were not 'evil'. For many of us they are our direct ancestors. I find truth and beauty in much of their beliefs. The 'christmas' tree and yule log among them. I also like the 'earth, air, fire, water, spirit' concepts that have been branded by some christians as 'evil'. Why is it that the monotheistic religions seem to provoke so much hostility against non-believers? It is especially ironic when some of the most cherished traditions of christmas and easter had their origins outside christianity and especially from paganism.

Timeline

The pagans were not 'evil'. For many of us they are our direct ancestors. I find truth and beauty in much of their beliefs. The 'christmas' tree and yule log among them. I also like the 'earth, air, fire, water, spirit' concepts that have been branded by some christians as 'evil'. Why is it that the monotheistic religions seem to provoke so much hostility against non-believers? It is especially ironic when some of the most cherished traditions of christmas and easter had their origins outside christianity and especially from paganism.

Dude you really have to make up your mind.

DO Christians think all these things are evil or did they embrace them into their traditions?

Go with one story... and stick with it.

William Penn

Wonder if all that tolerance allows for a Cross on that tree as well>?

A Nativity Scene isn't good enough for you?

B and J K-1 story

• April 2004 met online
  • August 9, 2006 NOA1

Remove Conditions:

Timeline

Dude you really have to make up your mind.

DO Christians think all these things are evil or did they embrace them into their traditions?

Go with one story... and stick with it.

I know that the concept of irony is a difficult one for you. Maybe you could look it up, I'm not sure I have the time or patience to tutor you on such things! :bonk:

Timeline

I know that the concept of irony is a difficult one for you. Maybe you could look it up, I'm not sure I have the time or patience to tutor you on such things! :bonk:

The word "irony" does not spare your unreasonable position.

William Penn