annajunndbem

blue slip with MNL-IV-22 letter?

26 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello vjrs,

Is anyone here received blue slip after interview, please help me. Does your blue slip

has MNL-IV-22 letter also? Does your MNL-IV-22 letter has also marked the document needed

to be passed in window 17? I cant sleep over this blue slip with MNL-IV-22 looks like i am the

only one who have this, i am so worried.

How many pay stubs are really needed as proof of current sustained income?because We

only have 4 pay stubs that is above poverty level ,since my fiance has just started his new job this september and we will pass all pay stubs this december, so we will only have 4 above poverty level pay stubs,

and only since this september 2010 he got increase. previous months he was below 125%

poverty guideline, do i need to pass pay stubs even if its below poverty level? Thank you so much VJrs

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello vjrs,

Is anyone here received blue slip after interview, please help me. Does your blue slip

has MNL-IV-22 letter also? Does your MNL-IV-22 letter has also marked the document needed

to be passed in window 17? I cant sleep over this blue slip with MNL-IV-22 looks like i am the

How many pay stubs are really needed as proof of current sustained income?because We

only have 4 pay stubs that is above poverty level ,since my fiance has just started his new job this september and we will pass all pay stubs this december, so we will only have 4 above poverty level pay stubs,

and only since this september 2010 he got increase. previous months he was below 125%

poverty guideline, do i need to pass pay stubs even if its below poverty level? Thank you so much VJrs

Did they ask you what documents they require you to submit? They should give you a letter showing what doc you need to submit. Like i864a or something.

Timeline

yes in MNL-IV-22 they ask of my petitioner's current sustained income. then in the lowest part they marked

to pass it on window 17-20. I want to know if anyone here who got blue slip after interview also got MNL-IV-22

letter together with blue slip. thank you.

Did they ask you what documents they require you to submit? They should give you a letter showing what doc you need to submit. Like i864a or something.

Filed: Country:
Timeline
yes in MNL-IV-22 they ask of my petitioner's current sustained income. then in the lowest part they marked to pass it on window 17-20. I want to know if anyone here who got blue slip after interview also got MNL-IV-22

letter together with blue slip. thank you.

Have him get an employment letter from his HR department if you're concerned that you don't have enough pay stubs.

The employment letter should state the following:

How long he has been employed with the company.

Current Position (job title).

Current Income (Annual Gross).

That he is a "Full-time Regular" employee.

They just want to know that he's not on the verge of losing his job or something and that he CURRENTLY and for the foreseeable future will make enough.

We received one in 2008, but for Document Verification which is was abandoned.

The purpose of the I-134 is to prove you will not become a burden to taxpayers. Therefore you need to submit what they ask for.

Besides the paycheck stubs did you submit a letter from your petitioner's employer? The letter should be on company letterhead with length of employment and wages included.

I would suggest submitting more paystubs, a letter from employer, and a letter from your petitioner stating his/her wages were just increased.

A co-sponser may help too if you cannot present enough evidence to sastify the Consulate Officer.

Edited by edp333

Naturalization

3/23/14 - N400 package sent to Phoenix

3/27/14 - N400 package delivered

4/3/14 - NOA1 receipt date

4/4/14 - check cashed

04/29/14 - biometrics date

07/01/14 - interview date

xx/xx/xx - Oath Ceremony

hello vjrs,

Hi annajunndbem...

Chinook received the same blue slip at her interview that you received at your interview. It is the infamous 221g blue slip. In Chinook's case, her blue slip clearly stated the Embassy's request. The Embassy wanted Chinook to submit another original I-129 document. I had to send her another original I-129 document via FedEx three-day express. It cost me $40, but it arrived in three days and Chinook submitted it to Window 17 on the third day. She received her visa the following week.

In your case, your blue slip will tell you the issue that the Embassy requires you to address. What does it say on your blue slip? From the tone of your post, it seems that the issue is bigger than simply a few pay stubs. It appears that the Consul Officer has an issue with your fiancé's low income and whether or not you will become a public charge when you are living in the U.S.

If the Consul Officer has an issue with your fiancé's lack of current sustained income, you must come up with a strategy to convince the Consul Officer that you will not become a public charge when you are living in the U.S.

Since Consul Officers sometimes miss the obvious, your fiancé could write a letter to the CO pointing out that he has a new job which pays more than his old job, and his income from the new job puts him on a trajectory for an annual income over 125% of the poverty line for his household size. Maybe the CO missed this fact and, instead, simply looked at only your fiancé's 2009 income tax return.

You likely need to get a cosponsor. That's what I would do if my income situation was like your fiancé's situation. Also, I would submit an I-864 from my cosponsor instead of an I-134 affidavit of support.

Timeline

Hi annajunndbem...

Chinook received the same blue slip at her interview that you received at your interview. It is the infamous 221g blue slip. In Chinook's case, her blue slip clearly stated the Embassy's request. The Embassy wanted Chinook to submit another original I-129 document. I had to send her another original I-129 document via FedEx three-day express. It cost me $40, but it arrived in three days and Chinook submitted it to Window 17 on the third day. She received her visa the following week.

In your case, your blue slip will tell you the issue that the Embassy requires you to address. What does it say on your blue slip? From the tone of your post, it seems that the issue is bigger than simply a few pay stubs. It appears that the Consul Officer has an issue with your fiancé's low income and whether or not you will become a public charge when you are living in the U.S.

If the Consul Officer has an issue with your fiancé's lack of current sustained income, you must come up with a strategy to convince the Consul Officer that you will not become a public charge when you are living in the U.S.

Since Consul Officers sometimes miss the obvious, your fiancé could write a letter to the CO pointing out that he has a new job which pays more than his old job, and his income from the new job puts him on a trajectory for an annual income over 125% of the poverty line for his household size. Maybe the CO missed this fact and, instead, simply looked at only your fiancé's 2009 income tax return.

You likely need to get a cosponsor. That's what I would do if my income situation was like your fiancé's situation. Also, I would submit an I-864 from my cosponsor instead of an I-134 affidavit of support.

Timeline

Thank you so much everyone for the quick reply. To tahoma and eya the blue form given to me was blank

it was only stated above this blue form that i will fill-out this form completely and submit it along with my required

documents and attach MNL-IV-22 letter.

It was in the MNL-IV-22 letter that they clearly marked evidence of current sustained income and in lowest

part they just marked the submission of required documents in windows 17-20.

My question is will 4 months be enough pay stubs as evidence of current sustained income?Since this new job

of my fiance just started this september 2010 so by december we will have 4 pay stubs already.I will pass it with

letter from employer.

My second question is when you received the blue form/slip is it only one page or it goes along with MNL-IV-22 letter?

Thank you so much VJRs, please forgive me im so stubborn but im so nervous really.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there! I received a blue slip at my interview as well. I got a blue and white form which I actually blogged about. I submitted four pay stubs and my fiancé was unemployed the year before. I received my visa in the mail about ten working days after.

Here's a detailed account of what I submitted:

http://kookyheteromorphic.blogspot.com/2010/07/account-of-my-us-embassy-interview-in.html

Good luck!

K-1 TIMELINE

2-12-10: I-129F arrived at CSC

2-16-10: NOA1 issued

2-20-10: NOA1 hard copy received

4-5-10: NOA2 issued

4-9-10: NOA2 hard copy received

4-26-10: Embassy sent Toni a letter

6-9 & 11-10: Medical at SLMEC - PASSED!

7-1-10: Interview - BLUE

7-6-10: Submitted additional evidence of current sustained income (paychecks)

7-13-10: Visa Approved! (FINALLY!!!)

7-19-10: Visa Issued!

7-21-10: VISA IN HAND! (Thank God! The wait is finally over.)

8-26-10: POE: LAX

10-29-10 Wedding

AOS & EAD TIMELINE

4-1-11: AOS Package arrived at Chicago Lockbox

5-2-11: NOA issued for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: NOA hard copy received for AOS & EAD

5-6-11: Biometrics appointment letter received

5-20-11: AOS Package was transferred to CSC

5-26-11: Biometrics appointment

5-26-11: EAD approved (that was faaaaaaasst!)

10-3-11: AOS finally approved!

Timeline

Jordantoni,wow thank you so much that was exactly the same forms and the same marked items ,i received after

interview. This really help me a lot thank you so much to the both of you. To tahoma ,eya,edp,bob 4 anna,payxibka

thank you so much for your help. Especially to tahoma you really help me in understanding everything even from the start

GOD bless us all...I just want to be married to my fiance in the eyes of GOD.

Hi there! I received a blue slip at my interview as well. I got a blue and white form which I actually blogged about. I submitted four pay stubs and my fiancé was unemployed the year before. I received my visa in the mail about ten working days after.

Here's a detailed account of what I submitted:

http://kookyheteromo...terview-in.html

Good luck!

My question is will 4 months be enough pay stubs as evidence of current sustained income? Since this new job

of my fiance just started this september 2010 so by december we will have 4 pay stubs already.I will pass it with

letter from employer.

I hope the issue is as simple as submitting paycheck stubs and a letter from your fiancé's new employer. :unsure:

Four months of paycheck stubs should be enough.

Maybe you also should submit a letter from your fiancé pointing out to the CO how your fiancé will support you and why you won't become a public charge when you are in the U.S. I like the idea of a personal appeal.

Good luck! :star:

Timeline

yes he will also write addressing to American consul of US embassy in manila that he is already earning

above 125% poverty guideline since september 2010, also we will submit bank account because his father

will give him trust fund this december ?will this help? We are really praying that we will be together again soon.

I hope the issue is as simple as submitting paycheck stubs and a letter from your fiancé's new employer. :unsure:

Four months of paycheck stubs should be enough.

Maybe you also should submit a letter from your fiancé pointing out to the CO how your fiancé will support you and why you won't become a public charge when you are in the U.S. I like the idea of a personal appeal.

Good luck! :star:

yes he will also write addressing to American consul of US embassy in manila that he is already earning

above 125% poverty guideline since september 2010, also we will submit bank account because his father

will give him trust fund this december ?will this help? We are really praying that we will be together again soon.

Yes, submitting proof of your fiancé's trust fund will help a lot, especially if your fiancé will be receiving periodic income from the trust fund.

Have you considered using a cosponsor? I mention this because I believe that it is important to make the best case possible to the Embassy when the petitioner's financial position is not strong.

Best wishes to you for a speedy visa! :star:

Edited by Tahoma

Timeline

Thank you so much Tahoma. The atty that prepared his paper had already passed I-864 with his dad

as co sponsor that was before my interview with the embassy ,however during my interview the consul told me

co sponsor in not allowed in K1 visa in USEM in Philippines.. So I said to CO ok sir but my fiance has new job

and is earning above 125% and i hand him the employment letter and check stubs and he said He is not familiar

with check stubs can i present to him pay stubs...so I said ok sir i will supply it as soon as we can, Thats why i was

given form for additional documents for pay stubs ,really the same that jordantoni had. Do we need to pass another

!-864? atty apologized for my fiance for not being aware of no co sponsor allowed in USEM in philippines.

My husband earns good but since he was a chef he has affected by recession last year thats why his income

doesnt meet 125%..But GOds grace was so amazing that he landed in good job now.

Yes, submitting proof of your fiancé's trust fund will help a lot, especially if your fiancé will be receiving periodic income from the trust fund.

Have you considered using a cosponsor? I mention this because I believe that it is important to make the best case possible to the Embassy when the petitioner's financial position is not strong.

Best wishes to you for a speedy visa! :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.